just an information

i have a question, probably stupid but since i don't know the answer i think would be more stupid not asking :P

how do i download mods from steam ??  i don't mean how to subscribe to mods, that i could do if i wanted...  but i'm using MO, so my mods are not supposed to go into the data folder but need to be added through MO... how do i do that for mods from steam community ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doublezero said:

Here's a walkthrough on installing mods from Steam.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/How_to_install_Skyrim_mods

thanks but in that page couldn't find anything about downloading mods from steam :(

it's mainly about installing mods manually or with NMM...  i'm using MO, but i don't have problems INSTALLING mod, provided somehow i can get the files to install...  i have no problems download files from here, Loverslab, Nexus and many other sites...  but i don't know how to DOWNLOAD mods from Steam, i can only SUBSCRIBE to them...  but in that way they go into the DATA folder and that's not good using MO...  but i think i found the answer myself here :

Spoiler

but didn't try yet ;)

• Like 1

I believe the desire was to control the mods just like all the other mods.. through MO not have Steam dump them into the data folder. The  way Steam does it there is little control over the files in MO. Can't work the files like you can when controlled with MO.

The  video I linked earlier (sorry guess I didn't reply like I thought I did when I read this post earlier.) gives instructions to have MO do the downloading and the file ends up in the Overwrite folder and then a mod can be made out of it.

3 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

I believe the desire was to control the mods just like all the other mods.. through MO not have Steam dump them into the data folder. The  way Steam does it there is little control over the files in MO. Can't work the files like you can when controlled with MO.

The  video I linked earlier (sorry guess I didn't reply like I thought I did when I read this post earlier.) gives instructions to have MO do the downloading and the file ends up in the Overwrite folder and then a mod can be made out of it.

thanks RC, but as you can see i found the same video 4 hours before you actually posted it ;)

anyway, yes...  the idea was how to manage the steam-mods from MO, adding them just to a profile and not to others... :)

• Like 1