AGONY, a new level in the Horror genre

Kendo 2

“Agony is a first-person survival horror game currently in development.  Players will begin their journey as tormented soul within the depths of hell without any memories about his past.”

Agony.jpg

Agony is being developed by Madmind Studio.  Madmind is a recent development team created in 2016.  Among their ranks includes devs for The Division, Witcher 3, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, Alien Rage, Enemy Front, Real Boxing 2, Godfire: Rise of the Prometheus and other titles.
Atmospherically Agony is part Gigeresque, part Dante’s Inferno, part Cthulhu Mythos, part Hellraiser, along with a sprinkling of Federico Fellini surrealism.
Agony uses the Unreal 4 engine, which promises a modern and visually enjoyable gaming experience in today's market.
Agony is still in development with a release date projected for sometime in 2017.  Supported platforms will be PS4, Xbox One and PC.  Current distribution includes STEAM.

Youtuber RabidRetrospectGames has created a compilation of cinematic Agony trailers.

I hope they are able to deliver on what the trailers are showing and not cut back. The content is quite graphic and I am sure some will start to complain about the "effect" it might have and when that happens I hope the company holds true to their vision. It looks quite good so far at least from what I can see in the trailers.

SJWs don't control everything.  Witcher3 was under the WarnerBros banner and it got released unedited.  My one concern with the game is it's motif.  The player needs to be able to beat the stacked odds and 'win' by either escaping or changing events for the better.  If it fails in that aspect like the Mass Effect Trilogy did (everything you've done amounts to shit in the end) then Agony will fail.  The only way to avoid that is to make it clear from the start that the player can't 'win'.  And that will keep a lot of players away.

On 11/19/2016 at 11:56 AM, Kendo 2 said:

SJWs don't control everything.  Witcher3 was under the WarnerBros banner and it got released unedited.  My one concern with the game is it's motif.  The player needs to be able to beat the stacked odds and 'win' by either escaping or changing events for the better.  If it fails in that aspect like the Mass Effect Trilogy did (everything you've done amounts to shit in the end) then Agony will fail.  The only way to avoid that is to make it clear from the start that the player can't 'win'.  And that will keep a lot of players away.

The first thing that popped in my mind when seeing the video you posted was Anita Sarkeesian making a feminazi video about this. It's totally going to happen, if it hasn't already. Don't keep dibz on her to care, but I'm sure one of the YTer's I follow will shit on her for it like they always do.

About this game. This game looks badass. Very grotesque. Really like what I see. We seriously need more mature games like this. Though, it's a shame it's just first person. Would love to make a sexy female character half naked all grotesque'd out in a world like that. Just imagining all the dirty mods that can be done with a game like this. :evilish:

Though, I hope nothing does get cut like Alien face over there says. xD

• 1 year later...