Support Thread for: A Naughty and Immersive Skyrim

Anatriax

Hi Anatriax

i have been following your guide for a few days now and for the most part it is pretty easy to follow. there are a few hickups a few places but i think im handling them ok (only way to see is getting the rest done and running the game.)

one tiny hickup i fell over though that stoppes my progress is the XPMSE skeleton. your link is to loverslab and it errors out. is the link from Nexus not the same http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68000/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D68000&pUp=1

if it is do i need the (Netlmmerse Override) as stadet in requirements aswell? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37481/?

thanks for the great work so far though and look forward to more stuff :-)

On 4/7/2016 at 4:39 AM, Feydance said:

the one linked in the guide is from Loverslab and when clicked yields an error so i can not get that one. (in case there was a misunderstanding of my reasons for mentioning the nexus one) :-)

There wasn't. I was just commenting that Groovtama has graced us with a copy of his mod, and we don't need to go to Nexus for it unless there is something different about that version

I did find a extended on Lovers lab. Perhaps he moved it? Not sure if it is the one she wants for the tutorial but I will paste it here

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/676-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended-xpmse/

Not sure haven't been that far in the tutorial to understand what she is doing at that point. :) Those files I found I believe are the same.

3 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

@Anatriax do we need that one? We have one here from the same author.

All 3 of them are the same, and I've been assured by Groovtama that the upload here will stay as up-to-date as the other links. I'll correct that, and redirect to our site :)

Thanks for pointing that out! 

@Feydance NetImmerseOverride is included in Racemenu.

Did everything to the tee, and abbsolutely everything is working except for the very last step that you have.  PatchusMaximus even after inserting those lines of code into arguments still freezes.

Freeze.jpg

Edit 1:  Its the damndest thing,I left the room for aboput 20 minutes and came back and it FINISHED!!

Edited by eugenenelson

7 hours ago, eugenenelson said:

Thanks for the good guide, albeit I have made a lot of personal changes everything works so good right now.  My only question is if I should use TES5Edit to clean mods I have that have problems indicated by loot?

With your personal changes made it is hard to really give advise on cleaning a mod since nobody knows what mods they are ;). However in general cleaning is good unless the mod author states not to clean the mod. Keep a backup of the mod just in case and with MO run it in a different profile from your main one to be sure it is up and running correctly and nothing was harmed in the process. Sometimes the author has to do things that the cleaning can harm. For the different profile I'd just copy your current favorite that had that mod in it and clean and then select that mod and test.

Personally I haven't cleaned any of my mods until recently and even now only clean the ones released from Bethesda. However I haven't had as complex mod setup that has so many different parts as this tutorial gives. I mostly focused on texture based replacers and a few scripted mods, nothing too heave so not as much of a chance of issues with uncleaned mods.

9 hours ago, eugenenelson said:

Thanks for the good guide, albeit I have made a lot of personal changes everything works so good right now.  My only question is if I should use TES5Edit to clean mods I have that have problems indicated by loot?

Only clean Bethesda Master files. That's all that needs cleaned. UNLESS stated otherwise by a mod author. 

I thought I included Gophers vid's on cleaning masters. I'll get that put in.

1 hour ago, Anatriax said:

Untitled.jpg

Guide clearly states v0.305. The newest version of ENB

Funny I see v0.269..

Capture.JPG

Wonder why...

OH... I figured it out... this is from Lovers Lab tutorial, not NSFWmods Tutorial... :P

@aljustineg I'd advise you to go back while you are still early in the installation of the tutorial requirements and review/start over with the one here on the site. There are many changes that have happened since that tutorial and loads of input by her adoring fans that will make a great difference in your experiences.

@Anatriax I believe you will start getting some support request that might come from the old tutorial you have up on LL. Some might just continue with that tutorial and then come here for support and needs to have assistance in updating from the old to the new tutorial. This is very likely the reason for @aljustineg asking about the wrong ENB.

@eugenenelson i'd wait for @Anatriaxbefore doing anything to the work you have done. This is an intensive tutorial but intended to be with more powerful graphics cards. The 660TI with 3g Vram should be able to handle it as far as I can tell. Might be some tweaks you missed or need or perhaps there is some other settings that you can do to get the desired results. Worst case, maybe lower textures for the options you have selected and replace them. But wait for her guidance on this. This will happen I am sure as people try to use the tutorial and situations like these are the reason we have the dev forum for this tutorial to discuss and work on the solution and needed tweaks and options as an member goes through the installation of this tutorial.

Hopefully she can help you tweaks this so you don't have to use medium settings.

My suggestion until otherwise told (or verified by yourself) to copy the profile you are using over to be sure the ini transferred. I believe it states it is "universal" however.

Reading the OP it appears that it runs it on all the profiles (I believe current profiles) so it should work for your current ones without issues.

19 minutes ago, eugenenelson said:

So I am assuming If I upgrade to a 970 with 4gb I should probably be fine to go on ultra?  I have been wanting to upgrade for a while now

The GTX 970 is a 3.5 gig vram card. with a small 512 vram at a slower rate, (not main memory). It isn't a true 4gb card. The GTX980 is a true 4gb card. The small 512 may or may not effect the quality of the tutorial or mods. I have a GTX 970 and am installing my mods currently. That being said there are many places where she indicates for you to use the lesser texture etc or even drop some of the mods if you can't. There are considerations for those that have 3gb or better. Essentially you are getting a slightly better processor and a tiny bit more active ram (main bus) upgrading to a GTX970 from a GTX660ti. If that is even true with the processor. (gpu).

Spoiler

Capture.JPG

From GPU Boss which testing isn't very accurate or good however reference cards and comparing numbers can be useful. AS you can see above (Ignore the 2gbvram) you can see in many ways the actual system is pretty close to yours except in some key areas. (Render processors, Shading units, and Better floating point performance). The upgrade you are looking for might work for you if you are "so very close" to functional and desirable output. If it isn't close to useable then I would say wait until the new graphics cards come out or get the "big boy" GTX980 or the GTX980TI to get the "boost" you are waiting for. I had a GTX660 andit was so close and the difference between it and my current card can't even be measured in "real terms" however my game is more stable and smooth with higher texture and scripted mods. Again I haven't installed this tutorial yet so I can't tell if I need to dial it back down. I will give some feedback. If memory serves me correctly Anatriax has a GTX970 as well. I believe listed in the OP. (or at least it was before)