Anatriax

Morroblivion Guide: Development

114 posts in this topic

This thread is specifically for Development of the Morroblivion guide.

If you find a more user friendly way to accomplish something, or have a "must have" mod that should be added to the list, lets discuss all of that here. 

NOTE: This is not a tech support thread.
The goal of this thread is to help PREVENT people from needing tech support in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Experienced modders, if you have suggestions on mods that can be integrated into this guide please feel free to pass it along so it can be tested. 

ESPECIALLY if you know a place to get ALL of the Morrowind armors converted to the DMRA body.
(I'd love someone. Anyone. To death if they took the time to do that.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2016 at 2:32 PM, Anatriax said:

Guide copied over. I'll go through in a day or two and re-format it properly. 

When you do that, you should add Mod Organizer setup instructions. Its not something everyone uses and your guide assumes that the reader already knows their way around the program and has it set up in the way that makes sense for your guide. I ran into a wall trying to follow this last night as I have MO installed to the PF(x86) and couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing any installed extenders appear on the data tab. Went through two video tutorials on it and still have no idea how i'm supposed to have MO set up for this guide.

Edited by Quorwyf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Quorwyf said:

When you do that, you should add Mod Organizer setup instructions. Its not something everyone uses and your guide assumes that the reader already knows their way around the program and has it set up in the way that makes sense for your guide. I ran into a wall trying to follow this last night as I have MO installed to the PF(x86) and couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing any installed extenders appear on the data tab. Went through two video tutorials on it and still have no idea how i'm supposed to have MO set up for this guide.

Here is a resource. This is my go to place for most MO learning needs. I haven't done Oblivion and MO so I can't help with specific setups r/t MO and Oblivion. I hope my link is useful, at least until Anatriax can chime in.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Quorwyf said:

When you do that, you should add Mod Organizer setup instructions. Its not something everyone uses and your guide assumes that the reader already knows their way around the program and has it set up in the way that makes sense for your guide. I ran into a wall trying to follow this last night as I have MO installed to the PF(x86) and couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing any installed extenders appear on the data tab. Went through two video tutorials on it and still have no idea how i'm supposed to have MO set up for this guide.

It is suggested to install Mod Organizer directly into the game folder for which you will be modding (Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim... ) 

As far as the settings? There is a spoiler at the end of phase two telling you exactly how to set it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Here is a resource. This is my go to place for most MO learning needs. I haven't done Oblivion and MO so I can't help with specific setups r/t MO and Oblivion. I hope my link is useful, at least until Anatriax can chime in.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer

 

 

17 hours ago, Anatriax said:

It is suggested to install Mod Organizer directly into the game folder for which you will be modding (Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim... ) 

As far as the settings? There is a spoiler at the end of phase two telling you exactly how to set it up.

Thanks. I found good MO tutorial vid in Anatriax's Skyrim guide and it helped fill in a lot of blanks.

 

I think the thing that threw me off was the instructions for the extenders skipping the step of activating the installed mods to make the files become visible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quorwyf said:

 

Thanks. I found good MO tutorial vid in Anatriax's Skyrim guide and it helped fill in a lot of blanks.

 

I think the thing that threw me off was the instructions for the extenders skipping the step of activating the installed mods to make the files become visible.

:) Pretty much between all 3 of my guides, I walk people through becoming quite adept with Mod Organizer. It might take all 3 tutorials to make it happen (because of different things needed to make certain mods work), but it will happen :)

Thanks, for following the guide. I appreciate it. People commenting on the guides for the older games gives me a renewed vigor to update them :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anatriax said:

:) Pretty much between all 3 of my guides, I walk people through becoming quite adept with Mod Organizer. It might take all 3 tutorials to make it happen (because of different things needed to make certain mods work), but it will happen :)

Thanks, for following the guide. I appreciate it. People commenting on the guides for the older games gives me a renewed vigor to update them :)

 

Thanks for making the guide. Helps make large mods setups less confusing.

Could use some help though. I'm on the BOSS Masterlist change step in Phase 3. When I try to run BOSS in the way that step describes I get an error that reads:

'failed to inject dll into "boss.exe/boss_gui.exe"(tried both):failed to access thread context. Please note that Mod Organizer does not support 64bit binaries! (The parameter is incorrect. [87])'

I'm using MO 1.3.8 and BOSS 2.3.2

Edited by Quorwyf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Quorwyf said:

 

Thanks for making the guide. Helps make large mods setups less confusing.

Could use some help though. I'm on the BOSS Masterlist change step in Phase 3. When I try to run BOSS in the way that step describes I get an error that reads:

'failed to inject dll into "boss.exe/boss_gui.exe"(tried both):failed to access thread context. Please note that Mod Organizer does not support 64bit binaries! (The parameter is incorrect. [87])'

I'm using MO 1.3.8 and BOSS 2.3.2

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/10251-issues-with-boss-232-and-mod-organizer/

^^ You have the 64bit version I suspect. Using the 1.3.8 version of MO you need a 32bit version.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up. This is my next project. 

I'm installing Oblivion as we speak. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on reformatting and updating this guide over the next few weeks. 

If it appears down for awhile, please bear with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anatriax said:

Just a heads up. This is my next project. 

I'm installing Oblivion as we speak. :)

NO days off?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ritualclarity said:

NO days off?

I'll take some time off once everything is updated, and everyone who is contributing on a development level agrees that it's clearly written, and as bug free as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a fellow that was converting all of the clothes to DMRA (the body I use in the guide), but he has apparently stopped his project. For now, the second link will suffice. It will at least fix the clothes to the default vanilla Oblivion body, not the Morrowind one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Anatriax said:

There was a fellow that was converting all of the clothes to DMRA (the body I use in the guide), but he has apparently stopped his project. For now, the second link will suffice. It will at least fix the clothes to the default vanilla Oblivion body, not the Morrowind one.

Maybe you might contact him on this? See if he would like to have 1062 adoring fans :P and growing... from this site? If anything even if many of these outfits are functional that would at least get the game closer to complete and avoid the standard clothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anatriax said:

Did you have issues getting Conscribe and MenuQue to work properly? I'm experiencing an issue myself.

 

I don't think I did, but i've only loaded into the game long enough to make sure that the character creation area switched over to the prison ship. What issue are you seeing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Anatriax I just realized that we started posting on this thread when I believe dev or support should be on either of the other threads. Is this correct? Are you going to follow the format of the other tutorial that has been done (Skyrim).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. I'll fix that after this weekend. I have family in, and a lot going on this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Quorwyf said:

I don't think I did, but i've only loaded into the game long enough to make sure that the character creation area switched over to the prison ship. What issue are you seeing?

For some reason, MO isn't pushing OBSE plugins through to the game. It seems to be only the ones mentioned. 

-- Note that I installed them using Wrye Bash (NOT through MO), and everything functions as intened --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anatriax said:

For some reason, MO isn't pushing OBSE plugins through to the game. It seems to be only the ones mentioned. 

-- Note that I installed them using Wrye Bash (NOT through MO), and everything functions as intened --

For Blockhead, MenuQue, and Conscribe you gave instructions for a manual install. You probably had the same problem before and forgot :P

 

That happens to me every time I re-do my DA:O mod setup.

 

Saw this while I was being mesmerized by body options on Nexus  browsing mods earlier - Sensual Walks for Female NPCs

Better option than Pretty Woman - Animation Replacer?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk, I'll check it out

I'm in the process of testing a couple of new mods, as far as character creation goes, so... might be awhile on this update... but it will definitely get there.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.