Morroblivion Guide: Development

Anatriax

This thread is specifically for Development of the Morroblivion guide.

If you find a more user friendly way to accomplish something, or have a "must have" mod that should be added to the list, lets discuss all of that here. 

NOTE: This is not a tech support thread.
The goal of this thread is to help PREVENT people from needing tech support in the first place.

Experienced modders, if you have suggestions on mods that can be integrated into this guide please feel free to pass it along so it can be tested. 

ESPECIALLY if you know a place to get ALL of the Morrowind armors converted to the DMRA body.
(I'd love someone. Anyone. To death if they took the time to do that.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2016 at 2:32 PM, Anatriax said:

Guide copied over. I'll go through in a day or two and re-format it properly. 

When you do that, you should add Mod Organizer setup instructions. Its not something everyone uses and your guide assumes that the reader already knows their way around the program and has it set up in the way that makes sense for your guide. I ran into a wall trying to follow this last night as I have MO installed to the PF(x86) and couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing any installed extenders appear on the data tab. Went through two video tutorials on it and still have no idea how i'm supposed to have MO set up for this guide.

Edited by Quorwyf

6 hours ago, Quorwyf said:

When you do that, you should add Mod Organizer setup instructions. Its not something everyone uses and your guide assumes that the reader already knows their way around the program and has it set up in the way that makes sense for your guide. I ran into a wall trying to follow this last night as I have MO installed to the PF(x86) and couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing any installed extenders appear on the data tab. Went through two video tutorials on it and still have no idea how i'm supposed to have MO set up for this guide.

Here is a resource. This is my go to place for most MO learning needs. I haven't done Oblivion and MO so I can't help with specific setups r/t MO and Oblivion. I hope my link is useful, at least until Anatriax can chime in.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer

7 hours ago, Quorwyf said:

It is suggested to install Mod Organizer directly into the game folder for which you will be modding (Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim... ) 

As far as the settings? There is a spoiler at the end of phase two telling you exactly how to set it up.

18 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Here is a resource. This is my go to place for most MO learning needs. I haven't done Oblivion and MO so I can't help with specific setups r/t MO and Oblivion. I hope my link is useful, at least until Anatriax can chime in.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer

17 hours ago, Anatriax said:

It is suggested to install Mod Organizer directly into the game folder for which you will be modding (Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim... ) 

As far as the settings? There is a spoiler at the end of phase two telling you exactly how to set it up.

Thanks. I found good MO tutorial vid in Anatriax's Skyrim guide and it helped fill in a lot of blanks.

I think the thing that threw me off was the instructions for the extenders skipping the step of activating the installed mods to make the files become visible.

1 hour ago, Quorwyf said:

Thanks. I found good MO tutorial vid in Anatriax's Skyrim guide and it helped fill in a lot of blanks.

I think the thing that threw me off was the instructions for the extenders skipping the step of activating the installed mods to make the files become visible.

:) Pretty much between all 3 of my guides, I walk people through becoming quite adept with Mod Organizer. It might take all 3 tutorials to make it happen (because of different things needed to make certain mods work), but it will happen :)

Thanks, for following the guide. I appreciate it. People commenting on the guides for the older games gives me a renewed vigor to update them :)

4 hours ago, Anatriax said:

:) Pretty much between all 3 of my guides, I walk people through becoming quite adept with Mod Organizer. It might take all 3 tutorials to make it happen (because of different things needed to make certain mods work), but it will happen :)

Thanks, for following the guide. I appreciate it. People commenting on the guides for the older games gives me a renewed vigor to update them :)

Thanks for making the guide. Helps make large mods setups less confusing.

Could use some help though. I'm on the BOSS Masterlist change step in Phase 3. When I try to run BOSS in the way that step describes I get an error that reads:

'failed to inject dll into "boss.exe/boss_gui.exe"(tried both):failed to access thread context. Please note that Mod Organizer does not support 64bit binaries! (The parameter is incorrect. [87])'

I'm using MO 1.3.8 and BOSS 2.3.2

Edited by Quorwyf

15 minutes ago, Quorwyf said:

Thanks for making the guide. Helps make large mods setups less confusing.

Could use some help though. I'm on the BOSS Masterlist change step in Phase 3. When I try to run BOSS in the way that step describes I get an error that reads:

'failed to inject dll into "boss.exe/boss_gui.exe"(tried both):failed to access thread context. Please note that Mod Organizer does not support 64bit binaries! (The parameter is incorrect. [87])'

I'm using MO 1.3.8 and BOSS 2.3.2

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/10251-issues-with-boss-232-and-mod-organizer/

^^ You have the 64bit version I suspect. Using the 1.3.8 version of MO you need a 32bit version.

• Like 2

There was a fellow that was converting all of the clothes to DMRA (the body I use in the guide), but he has apparently stopped his project. For now, the second link will suffice. It will at least fix the clothes to the default vanilla Oblivion body, not the Morrowind one.

5 hours ago, Quorwyf said:

I see that a Morrowblivion clothes replacer was mentioned in part 7 but it isn't linked. Is it still around? Was it one of these?

MorrOblivion Clothing For Female HGEC Body

Morroblivion - Clothing Galore

Morroblivion Clothes Replacer Beta

Did you have issues getting Conscribe and MenuQue to work properly? I'm experiencing an issue myself.

40 minutes ago, Anatriax said:

There was a fellow that was converting all of the clothes to DMRA (the body I use in the guide), but he has apparently stopped his project. For now, the second link will suffice. It will at least fix the clothes to the default vanilla Oblivion body, not the Morrowind one.

Maybe you might contact him on this? See if he would like to have 1062 adoring fans :P and growing... from this site? If anything even if many of these outfits are functional that would at least get the game closer to complete and avoid the standard clothing.

1 hour ago, Anatriax said:

Did you have issues getting Conscribe and MenuQue to work properly? I'm experiencing an issue myself.

I don't think I did, but i've only loaded into the game long enough to make sure that the character creation area switched over to the prison ship. What issue are you seeing?

6 hours ago, Quorwyf said:

I don't think I did, but i've only loaded into the game long enough to make sure that the character creation area switched over to the prison ship. What issue are you seeing?

For some reason, MO isn't pushing OBSE plugins through to the game. It seems to be only the ones mentioned. 

-- Note that I installed them using Wrye Bash (NOT through MO), and everything functions as intened --

4 hours ago, Anatriax said:

For some reason, MO isn't pushing OBSE plugins through to the game. It seems to be only the ones mentioned. 

-- Note that I installed them using Wrye Bash (NOT through MO), and everything functions as intened --

For Blockhead, MenuQue, and Conscribe you gave instructions for a manual install. You probably had the same problem before and forgot :P

That happens to me every time I re-do my DA:O mod setup.

Saw this while I was being mesmerized by body options on Nexus  browsing mods earlier - Sensual Walks for Female NPCs

Better option than Pretty Woman - Animation Replacer?