Morroblivion Guide: Development

Anatriax

20 hours ago, Quorwyf said:

Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul url is slightly different - http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1103-oscuros-oblivion-overhaul/

Newest and final ver is at http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46199/?

I'm thinking I might leave these out this time around. See if I can't find some other things that change game play in slight ways, not a total overhaul.

I think i'm going to change my NoMaaM breathing idle to Strong no BBB. Way too much motion when i'm standing IMO.

Also, I think i'm going to do some poking around to figure out how I can get Oblivion Char Overhaul 2 in. That mod seems to be the only one that does a good job of splitting the difference on making Orc heads pretty while still making them recognizably orc-y.

Edited by Quorwyf

32 minutes ago, Quorwyf said:

I think i'm going to change my NoMaaM breathing idle to Strong no BBB. Way too much motion when i'm standing IMO.

Also, I think i'm going to do some poking around to figure out how I can get Oblivion Char Overhaul 2 in. That mod seems to be the only one that does a good job of splitting the difference on making Orc heads pretty while still making them recognizably orc-y.

Already done. I'll be typing up that phase in a few days. It installs pretty easily, tbh

2 minutes ago, Quorwyf said:

Fine, take away my fun. Now i'll have to go find something else to break.

Go break some LoversPK mods. I wanna add some to the guide, but have no clue which ones will work with the setup. 

Keep in mind the feel:
1) Increasing the difficulty of the game is foremost
2) Immersive is a VERY close second
3) Things that force the PC into sexual encounters are favored. (mods similar to SexLab Submit, Dangerous Nights, and Dangerously Nude). 
4) Mods that add sexual encounters via questing material (similar to Amorous Adventures for Skyrim). 

Yeah. I still support LL, and many of the mods/mod authors there are amazingly talented, and super nice people. :)
So please, if you find something in your adventures that fits the feel of the guide? Let me know. I'm even looking into Morrowind Retextures to make that part of the game HD quality :)

Installing Morroblivion

Download Morroblivion here:
http://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/753

1) Download the Master File Installer, and Resources at the bottom of the post, from Google Drive. 
1a) Make sure to download them to the same folder you are downloading other Oblivion mods.

2) The Master File Installer is contained within a 7z archive. Install this through MO like any standard mod.
2a) Ignore missing data, when asked.
2b) After installing, right click on the greyed out mod in the left pane, and select Ignore Missing Data
2c) In the right tab of MO, click the Data tab, and find MorroblivionInstaller_v0064.exe.
2d) Right click this .exe, and add it as an executable.

3) In the upper right corner of MO, click the drop down and select MorroblivionInstaller
3a) In the first pop up, select "Next"
3b) In the next window, navigate to your Morrowind and Oblivion directories, then click next.
3c) Once you get the OK that it's been installed properly, continue clicking next until it's done.
3d) Once completed, right click the Overwrite mod in MO and create a mod named "Morroblivion.esm" then activate it.

4) Install this through MO as any standard mod.

4a) A window will pop up with check box options (BAIN installer). Select all options, then click OK.

5) In Mod Organizer, look in the bottom left for the "Filters" button. Click this button
5a) In the WHITE AREA of the categories box, right click and select "Edit Categories"
5b) Select a category, right click on it, and select Add
5c) In the "new" gategory, double click this and replace the text with "Morroblivion", then click OK
5d) Highlight all 3 Morroblivion mods, right click, and add the "Morroblivion" category.

6) Run BOSS through MO and load up the game, testing to make sure you get the Morrowind character creation and beginning.

3d/4 - Looks like you forgot to direct readers to the Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z as your next step after 3d...unless there is some way to install the Morroblivion.esm that i'm not familiar with. You also left out what name they should install the ...Complete.7z as.

I was not able to get the game to load at this point. I also have four unchecked BSAs, one from Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch and three from Morroblivion v064 Complete.

Edited by Quorwyf

I got the game to load and got the prison ship background character creator with those three Morroblivion BSAs unchecked after I removed the read only from the oblivion.ini for that MO profile. After that I exited the game and made the file read only again. Game loaded successfully.

As far as testing goes, I tried the game with my build from the original guide and I was able to get through creation and out into Seyda Neen without a problem, but i'm getting an error after I create the character saying that I have a missing BSA. I have four Morroblivion BSAs checked under the Archives tab in MO. The world looks about 70/30 good to screwed up.

I'll try it with OCO 2 later, going

1 hour ago, Quorwyf said:

As far as testing goes, I tried the game with my build from the original guide and I was able to get through creation and out into Seyda Neen without a problem, but i'm getting an error after I create the character saying that I have a missing BSA. I have four Morroblivion BSAs checked under the Archives tab in MO. The world looks about 70/30 good to screwed up.

I'll try it with OCO 2 later, going

Yeah. For some reason MO isn't playing nicely with a lot of the mods being used, so I'm going to have to write out directions for Wrye Bash / OBMM use.