Favorite Song Ever

Anatriax

1 hour ago, ritualclarity said:

That song always reminds me of playing one of the old GTA... I remember a scene where I am driving over a hill with the sun rising, this playing. :) All the time trying to loose all the cops.. I was in the zone, nothing could touch me. Ah those were the days.

Dude, you rock for reminding me...K-DST will forever and always be my drive-by bitch

ps: how in the fuck do you embed a video?

Edited by Chaos63

18 hours ago, Chaos63 said:

Dude, you rock for reminding me...K-DST will forever and always be my drive-by bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvEOKpkLzbs

Did you know there is a real radio station named KDST?

http://lightningstream.surfernetwork.com/Media/player/view/KDST_gsl.asp?StreamingServerName=nick11&OnDemandServerName=nick10&targetWidth=1000&targetHeight=800&call=KDST

Warning: You might not want to listen to it. It isn't the GTA K-DST.

ps: how in the fuck do you embed a video?

Copy the address from the Web browser, then paste it here. That is what I do.

10 hours ago, Anatriax said:

HEY

Get back on topic.

Don't tell me what to do, or I'll post this one over, and over, and over, and over :P ....

OK, OK... I apologize for that (not really).

The third of my second tier favorites is Rush.  First rock album I ever owned was 2112:

Edited by Namseyars

Oh yeah...:D

When you listen to this (if you do) imagine the contestants from Ink Masters standing around with a bunch of skin heads, Liberty Spike and Mohawk punks and tattooed strippers and you'll be in 1980's Houston when life was cool.  A lead sled hot rod and your girlfriend looks like Betty Page; what could be better?

3 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Oh yeah...:D

When you listen to this (if you do) imagine the contestants from Ink Masters standing around with a bunch of skin heads, Liberty Spike and Mohawk punks and tattooed strippers and you'll be in 1980's Houston when life was cool.  A lead sled hot rod and your girlfriend looks like Betty Page; what could be better?

They seem a bit tame. :). I can listen to this, not bad, not bad at all.

Change gears slightly, I want to list a favorite songwriter rather than song or artist:  Jim Steinman.  While his somewhat overblown, rock-opera style isn't for everyone, I love it.  Hell, you gotta love a guy who plays rock piano while wearing full motorcycle leather gloves (with the fringe).  Most people know him as the writer of (most of) the songs Meatloaf's "Bat Out Of Hell" series:

Spoiler

But he also wrote some of the major hits for Bonnie Tyler - Faster Than the Speed of Night, Holding Out for a Hero, and probably his best known BT tune:

Spoiler

He also wrote Air Supply's well known song, Making Love out of nothing at all:

Spoiler

(not a big fan of Air Supply, but I do like this one...)

Then there's the only Celine Dion song I like:

Spoiler

He released a solo album of stuff that would have been the original Bat Out Of Hell II.  The original fell-through because Meatloaf started having vocal problems, so Steinman released it as a solo project.  This is one of the tracks:

Spoiler

(OK, so there not all gems, but it was still a fun tune...^_^)

Edited by Namseyars

And with the passing of one of my favorite country artists - Merle Haggard's Okie From Muskokee:

Spoiler

Rainbow Stew:

Spoiler

Pancho & Lefty (with another great - Willie Nelson):

Spoiler

And one of his earliest hits - Mama Tried:

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, Anatriax said:

I love Merle. I spent all day the other day listening to him.

I grew up with country music (it's all my parents ever listened to) until high school when I discovered rock, jazz, and other forms.  Still a fan of the "classic" country:  Merle, Wille, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Roger Miller, Loretta Lynn (my dad had coffee with her when he was younger - not a date, just met her when she performed at a military base he was stationed at), Barbara Mandrell, Crystal Gayle, Dolly Parton (she did a cover of Collective Soul's Shine in a bluegrass style that kicks ass as far as I'm concerned), Charlie Pride, Statler Bros, etc.  I don't listen to country much anymore, but I do like some "current" artists like Alan Jackson & Toby Keith (really love the duet with Willie on Beer for My Horses, and the Willie tribute where Toby sings "I Won't Smoke Weed with Willie Again" - hilarious).

And speaking of bluegrass (yes I did, look at the Dolly entry), one of the bluegrass classics:

Edited by Namseyars
  • Like 1

I remember this when I was young. It was so funny. It took me so long to find a digital copy of the song I remember because nobody really owned it and there are loads of bootleg copies. The key for this record was there was one side for the women and one for the men... :P

Dirty limericks laced into a song.. :P.. Imagine 1960's 1970's. in a crash bar and this coming on. LOL Don't listen if you are easily offended. Listen if you want some corny limericks and stuff.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...