FO3 - NV infos

hi every body

i hope this is the right place for this post, if not i suppose the moderators will move it in the location they see fit...  in which case sorry for the inconvenient...

after seeing the many nice mods around internet and especially here (yes Kendo2 it's all your fault ! LOL ! ;) ) i'm considering starting to play NV ... but, before even taking a decision, there are many thing i'd like to know in order to avoid making mistakes and messing up my game as i did with Skyrim at the beginning... i know that if i play the vanilla game i'll get bored after a few hours, i certainly would want to make the game more interesting, naughty and fun...  so, i decided to ask you guys that have been playing the game for months/years to help me :) so, let's start with the many, many questions i have...

1)  i've seen that often FO3 and NV are together in forums/sites, does that mean that the mods for one game work for the other too ?  if not why they some times are together ?  if yes, why sometimes they are not ?  this confuses me...

2) is there something like "A Naughty and Immersive Skyrim" guide for NV ?

3) i'd certainly want to get rid of any underwear/censorship which mod should i use ?

4) i'd like a replacement body such as UNP or CBBE in Skyrim... which one should i choose to easily find nice, skimpy and/or sexy clothing/armor for it ?

5) to have better looking PC/NPC which mod is there ?

6) i suppose there's something like Skyrim sexlab for NV... i'm i right ?

7) is there something like Skyrim Death Alternative or Defeat for NV ?

Ok, i could probably find many more questions and doubts, but let's start with these ones ;)  i know i could probably find some of (or even all) the answers just searching the net but i also know i would probably misunderstand something, get confused and end up messing everything up...  so i prefer having some expert opinion before even starting to play/mod the game :)

also... let's populate these forums with some threads ! it looks so empty !!  LOL :D

thanks a lot.

1)  i've seen that often FO3 and NV are together in forums/sites, does that mean that the mods for one game work for the other too ?  if not why they some times are together ?  if yes, why sometimes they are not ?  this confuses me...

To complex to answer in a simple post. To make it simple some parts work with both games, others require some work to be done to make them work and some just won't because the main requirement (not fallout) isn't comparable.

2) is there something like "A Naughty and Immersive Skyrim" guide for NV ?

No. Skyrim is a different game with different followers/mod creators etc. There is a tutorial for TTW from Anatriax a bit outdated but something to look over if you have both games.

3) i'd certainly want to get rid of any underwear/censorship which mod should i use ?

Kendo's body mods.

4) i'd like a replacement body such as UNP or CBBE in Skyrim... which one should i choose to easily find nice, skimpy and/or sexy clothing/armor for it ?

Not the same shape or even quality but again Kendo's body mod there are a few meshes you can swap out to get more curvy if you desired. There is no Body slide or CBBE for Fallout... Kendo's bodys would be the closest to UNP body.

5) to have better looking PC/NPC which mod is there ?

Again... um... Kendo's body mods.

6) i suppose there's something like Skyrim sexlab for NV... i'm i right ?

Not exactly but there is sex mods for NV. Animated Prostitution which is quite outdated and Sexout which is found on Loverslab.com. It will require some reading and following instructions if you want anything more than a basic setup. However... it does have a pretty solid pregnancy mod ;).

7) is there something like Skyrim Death Alternative or Defeat for NV ?

Again not exactly but there  is something along those lines. It is called "Another Kick in the Head" by Odessa. (found on Loverslab.com and I believe the non sexout version is on the Nexus not sure on that)

let's populate these forums with some threads ! it looks so empty !!  LOL :D

Get to it. :)... and what you can do refer some friends over here to cover ;).

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

To complex to answer in a simple post. To make it simple some parts work with both games, others require some work to be done to make them work and some just won't because the main requirement (not fallout) isn't comparable.

No. Skyrim is a different game with different followers/mod creators etc. There is a tutorial for TTW from Anatriax a bit outdated but something to look over if you have both games.

Kendo's body mods.

Not the same shape or even quality but again Kendo's body mod there are a few meshes you can swap out to get more curvy if you desired. There is no Body slide or CBBE for Fallout... Kendo's bodys would be the closest to UNP body.

Again... um... Kendo's body mods.

Not exactly but there is sex mods for NV. Animated Prostitution which is quite outdated and Sexout which is found on Loverslab.com. It will require some reading and following instructions if you want anything more than a basic setup. However... it does have a pretty solid pregnancy mod ;).

Again not exactly but there  is something along those lines. It is called "Another Kick in the Head" by Odessa. (found on Loverslab.com and I believe the non sexout version is on the Nexus not sure on that)

Get to it. :)... and what you can do refer some friends over here to cover ;).

thanks for your kind and helpful answers Ritualclarity :) i'll have a look to all the mods you mentioned...  i was already oriented towards Kendo2's mods so should i ever decide to play NV i'll almost certainly use them ;) i used some of his mods in Skyrim when i was using UNP body, then i switched to CBBE so i had to remove them but just because not compatible not for not finding them interesting any more :) and it's following him that i ended up here ! LOL !

ps: as you probably already guessed, english isn't my own language ;) so please forgive the probably many mistakes, repetitions and inaccuracies of words usage ;)  :P

13 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

LOL. What did you want me to advise the OP to use Beware of Girl body mod for his female characters :P

@Karma199696

Reveal hidden contents

in case you are wondering about the above reference, Kendo really dislikes that body and mod author ;)

well... had a look at that body...  even if i certainly prefer Kendo2's, i don't find it that horrible ! LOL !  ;)

3 hours ago, Karma199696 said:

well... had a look at that body...  even if i certainly prefer Kendo2's, i don't find it that horrible ! LOL !  ;)

I didn't see the horrible either however on more than one occasion those that understand textures and meshes had given me some interesting details about that mod.  I was a BOG user for many years. it is convenient and does a job. However trust me once you go through those few added steps to get Kendo body's up and running and actually see the results you will be also sold. Most are. If you have to use something along those lines and don't want to use Kendos use diamon99 body meshes.

The great thing is you can get excellent support for those bodies right here :).

AS for other mods. Project Nevada is a must for me. It adds many features I find missing from Fallout NV. Bullet time, grenade to name a few. It also allows a more challenging game as you can set it or customizing it to your needs.

ps: as you probably already guessed, english isn't my own language ;) so please forgive the probably many mistakes, repetitions and inaccuracies of words usage ;)  :P

Same here. I am an "alien" so I don't speak English either. :P

7 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

I didn't see the horrible either however on more than one occasion those that understand textures and meshes had given me some interesting details about that mod.  I was a BOG user for many years. it is convenient and does a job. However trust me once you go through those few added steps to get Kendo body's up and running and actually see the results you will be also sold. Most are. If you have to use something along those lines and don't want to use Kendos use diamon99 body meshes.

i'll take your word on that, since i have no idea about how textures and meshes work... i'm not even sure i fully understand what's the difference between the ones and the others :$

The great thing is you can get excellent support for those bodies right here :).

AS for other mods. Project Nevada is a must for me. It adds many features I find missing from Fallout NV. Bullet time, grenade to name a few. It also allows a more challenging game as you can set it or customizing it to your needs.

if i decide to play NV i'll certainly need more help and advice, the questions in the 1st post were the "sine qua non" things without which i wouldn't even consider playing NV ;) so, if i buy it you'll see more questions here :D

Same here. I am an "alien" so I don't speak English either. :P

well...  before leaving your spaceship you must have used some alien device to learn terrestrial languages because you don't seem that alien to me ;)

Okay, for starters:

Amor and Clothing Mesh Replacers

Type3 Body and Armor Replacer by Exeter.  The mesh work is okay, but not great.  Mainly you will want this for the armor meshes exclusive to New Vegas.

TypeV Female Body and Armor Replacer by Luchaire.  By far this is the best Type3 compatible armor replacer there is.  Even though it is for FO3 the meshes will work with New Vegas.

Install Exeter's mod first and then install Luchaire's mod.  Allow for overwrite/replace when prompted.  With these two mods you'll have everything ready for the base game outfits.

If you want something a little more specialized check out Type3M Body Replacer by MAK.  Before I started making my own stuff for New Vegas I used some of his meshes, namely the prostitute, gambler and Great Khans outfits.  They are better than Exeter's models.

Body Meshes and Textures

I am going to be totally biased and suggest my own mods for this.  For meshes use Kendo 2's Type3 Body Pack.  For textures you can use what came with Luchaire's TypeV or you can use my custom ones from Kendo 2's Type3 Custom Textures.  To me, Luchaire's textures are better than anything most times, especially his raider ones.  If you want a more customized look then use mine.

For character cosmetics I suggest Mojave Delight for Type3.  I made all of the character presets, eyes and body textures.  Xazonm did an excellent job of the face textures and Eronel did all of the porting and rigging for Anto's Cool Hairs.  I think it is the best cosmetics mod available for New Vegas, but I'm biased.

For male characters I just uploaded Breeze Male Redux and if you don't have anything else installed this will be perfect for you.  It addresses everything.

If you want female meshes with bounce you'll have to find them elsewhere since I don't make those for Fallout 3 or New Vegas.  You can take a look at Nessa's Type N for that stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

Okay, for starters:

Amor and Clothing Mesh Replacers

Type3 Body and Armor Replacer by Exeter.  The mesh work is okay, but not great.  Mainly you will want this for the armor meshes exclusive to New Vegas.

TypeV Female Body and Armor Replacer by Luchaire.  By far this is the best Type3 compatible armor replacer there is.  Even though it is for FO3 the meshes will work with New Vegas.

Install Exeter's mod first and then install Luchaire's mod.  Allow for overwrite/replace when prompted.  With these two mods you'll have everything ready for the base game outfits.

If you want something a little more specialized check out Type3M Body Replacer by MAK.  Before I started making my own stuff for New Vegas I used some of his meshes, namely the prostitute, gambler and Great Khans outfits.  They are better than Exeter's models.

Body Meshes and Textures

I am going to be totally biased and suggest my own mods for this.  For meshes use Kendo 2's Type3 Body Pack.  For textures you can use what came with Luchaire's TypeV or you can use my custom ones from Kendo 2's Type3 Custom Textures.  To me, Luchaire's textures are better than anything most times, especially his raider ones.  If you want a more customized look then use mine.

For character cosmetics I suggest Mojave Delight for Type3.  I made all of the character presets, eyes and body textures.  Xazonm did an excellent job of the face textures and Eronel did all of the porting and rigging for Anto's Cool Hairs.  I think it is the best cosmetics mod available for New Vegas, but I'm biased.

For male characters I just uploaded Breeze Male Redux and if you don't have anything else installed this will be perfect for you.  It addresses everything.

If you want female meshes with bounce you'll have to find them elsewhere since I don't make those for Fallout 3 or New Vegas.  You can take a look at Nessa's Type N for that stuff.

thanks a lot for you answer :) all the mods you pointed me at look great and, well, nothing wrong in you being biased and sponsoring your own work...  the opposite would be strange ! :P it would mean that you created something you don't like when there was already out something else you liked ! LOL !

now i have a lot to look at and read before actually starting playing NV...  and talking about reading... while looking at Mojave Delight (that i found awesome !) i read that it requires Dimon99 Type3 body...  but the only one i found is for FO3... have i missed something or it means that this body works both for FO3 and NV ?  maybe a stupid question but i actually believe that the only real stupid questions are the not asked ones ;)

dimon99 is the original creator of Type3.  Everything you see labeled Type3 was either made with his meshes or derivatives of those meshes.  They are all compatible in one way or another.  In fact you could take dimon99's FO3 version of the mod and install it for New Vegas without issue.  The same is true for TypeV (and that's V as in Variant, not 'Type5' as some people think).  For instance you could take Luchaire's TypeV FO3 textures, install them in New Vegas and use my custom meshes without any issues.  Pretty much everything from both games are interchangeable as far as meshes and textures go.

As far as my own work goes I'm a real stickler for doing things right.  If you see something I have uploaded it means I made it for myself and then decided to share it.  I don't upload for the plebeian masses.  Sometimes I'm critical of other peoples' works but that also means I super demanding of myself when it comes to modding.  If I make something and it isn't good enough then it doesn't get uploaded, period.  If I make a mod suggestion for myself or some else's work then guaranteed it is most likely the best available.  I don't install crap into my games. ^_^

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

dimon99 is the original creator of Type3.  Everything you see labeled Type3 was either made with his meshes or derivatives of those meshes.  They are all compatible in one way or another.  In fact you could take dimon99's FO3 version of the mod and install it for New Vegas without issue.  The same is true for TypeV (and that's V as in Variant, not 'Type5' as some people think).  For instance you could take Luchaire's TypeV FO3 textures, install them in New Vegas and use my custom meshes without any issues.  Pretty much everything from both games are interchangeable as far as meshes and textures go.

thanks a lot for the clarifications :)

As far as my own work goes I'm a real stickler for doing things right.  If you see something I have uploaded it means I made it for myself and then decided to share it.  I don't upload for the plebeian masses.  Sometimes I'm critical of other peoples' works but that also means I super demanding of myself when it comes to modding.  If I make something and it isn't good enough then it doesn't get uploaded, period.  If I make a mod suggestion for myself or some else's work then guaranteed it is most likely the best available.  I don't install crap into my games. ^_^

that's exactly what i thought... that's way i said it would be strange you not sponsoring your own work ;) and in case you mind other's opinions... it must really look great to me if it made me consider playing NV just to be able to use it :D

Edited by Karma199696

OK, here i am again ;)

i decided i will try FO NV, i'll probably buy and install it next week-end (that's tomorrow) :)

so, last questions before starting...

@ritualclarity i've seen your guide here http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/414-tutorial-scr-resources-folder-creation/

is it still valid and uptodate or something changed in the almost 3 years that passed since you wrote it ? anything i should know, do or avoid doing ?

@everybody that feels like helping :)

any mod i can't play without or mods that i should avoid ?

i've been spending several hours in the last days to have a look to several mods in the nexus and loverslab and found many interesting ones... i suppose i should use at least

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635/?  or/and  http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51633/?

but i'd like to hear the opinion of you guys that have already playing the game for years...

thanks a lot :)

I would avoid at all costs anything labeled or promoted as 'high-res' (textures) or 'high poly' (meshes) if it's on Nexus.  The vast majority of those mods are trash and if they are on Nexus then it is almost a certainty the content is bunk.  I would avoid anything made by BlackBlossom.  The meshes she uses are outdated and her textures are shit.

I would for sure install the NV script extender, the NV Pipboy Readius Mod and get the 4GB launcher.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

I would avoid at all costs anything labeled or promoted as 'high-res' (textures) or 'high poly' (meshes) if it's on Nexus.  The vast majority of those mods are trash and if they are on Nexus then it is almost a certainty the content is bunk.  I would avoid anything made by BlackBlossom.  The meshes she uses are outdated and her textures are shit.

I would for sure install the NV script extender, the NV Pipboy Readius Mod and get the 4GB launcher.

Wow ! you've been fast, Kendo2 !  Thanks a lot for your advice !

i gave NVSE for granted :), so i certainly will install it... about 4GB launcer...  shouldn't   http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51633/?   be better ? if it's true what it says will make the game use all the available memory instead of just 4GB...  or it isn't actually working ?

I guess that would depend on your OS.  I use Windows 7 64bit and I can run NV on Ultra settings and crammed full of content I've made, BUT I don't run a heavy script mod load.

My additional suggestions are to be critical of ALL MODS unless you know the authors, what they are capable of, etc.  Never trust the mod's ReadMe or downloader comments.  A good (but limited) source of info is MxRMods on Youtube.  He has a few reviews for NV.  Otherwise, ask your friends what mods they have installed. ^_^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karma199696 said:

OK, here i am again ;)

i decided i will try FO NV, i'll probably buy and install it next week-end (that's tomorrow) :)

so, last questions before starting...

@ritualclarity i've seen your guide here http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/414-tutorial-scr-resources-folder-creation/

is it still valid and uptodate or something changed in the almost 3 years that passed since you wrote it ? anything i should know, do or avoid doing ?

That is the date of the first upload. I have made revisions as time goes on through the years. It is as updated as I can make it. It is based off of Halstroms report on what is suppose to be used as resources. There is/are some files that aren't mentioned as they aren't available anymore on Nexus. You would have to search those and I am not mentioning them because rarely anyone does anything that uncovers the need for those and ... they aren't available for distribution anymore.

The download has greater detail on what to do with the files and if you do run into questions related to the tutorial (not scr, missing assets etc not included in the tutorial) then by all means post there. (or here :P)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

That is the date of the first upload. I have made revisions as time goes on through the years. It is as updated as I can make it. It is based off of Halstroms report on what is suppose to be used as resources. There is/are some files that aren't mentioned as they aren't available anymore on Nexus. You would have to search those and I am not mentioning them because rarely anyone does anything that uncovers the need for those and ... they aren't available for distribution anymore.

i was kind of sure it was so ;) just wanted to be sure since as i told i messed my Skyrim up a couple of time in the past and i'd like to at least try to avoid doing the same with NV :)  i might fail and do a mess anyway, but let's at least try !! :P

The download has greater detail on what to do with the files and if you do run into questions related to the tutorial (not scr, missing assets etc not included in the tutorial) then by all means post there. (or here :P)

i already downloaded it, haven't read it yet, but i will ;)  and don't worry, knowing my skills i will probably need some help anyway, so expect to see more posts here :P:):D

thanks to you too ! as i told to Kendo2, the people here seems friendly and competent to me :)

Edited by Karma199696

@ritualclarity

i started reading your guide and... well, i'm starting changing my mind about installing NV and its mods ! LOL ! :P i got lost at the very beginning, at step 1 !

Step 1: Prerequirements
Make sure you have all the SCR pre-requirements installed and setup properly.

what confuses me is...  if this is the guide about how to install SCR...  how can it have as a prerequirement that SCR is already properly installed and set-up ?  isn't that the goal of the guide itself ?? :|

of course  the guide can't be wrong, not after having been there for almost 3 years and been used by i don't know how many people... so, what am i missing ? :$:(

----------------------------------------------------

PS: maybe i understood but i'm not sure... :P  SCR (itself) is installed like any other mod but for working properly needs all the other stuff explained in the guide... that is not actually part of the mod but needed...

so the tutorial would be not actually about installing SCR but about how to make it work without CTD, missing textures, etc... right ? O.o

Edited by Karma199696

what confuses me is...  if this is the guide about how to install SCR...  how can it have as a prerequirement that SCR is already properly installed and set-up ?  isn't that the goal of the guide itself ?? :|

Well....

The title states "[Tutorial] SCR Resources Folder Creation 2015.06.30.1.

With a title like that... I would think it was a guide about creating the "Resource Folder", and not how to install SCR ;).

:P

of course  the guide can't be wrong, not after having been there for almost 3 years and been used by i don't know how many people... so, what am i missing ? :$:(

You also forget that almost everybody that uses SCR including the mod content creators advised for use of this tutorial for the SCR Resources folder creation so that all the content that is needed is available. They have also gone over the files and instructions many times. Before the tutorial was even released Halstrom, DoctaSax and BruceWayne worked and heavily discussed the assets and clarified many aspects of the tutorial to be sure it was as accuate as possible. Below the Versions there are many upon many corrections and credits for corrections and points that were missed along these past several years. :)

PS: maybe i understood but i'm not sure... :P  SCR (itself) is installed like any other mod but for working properly needs all the other stuff explained in the guide... that is not actually part of the mod but needed...

so the tutorial would be not actually about installing SCR but about how to make it work without CTD, missing textures, etc... right ? O.o

Yep, something like that :)

When following the tutorial the key is not to overthink it. In fact for the most part modding and Sexout itself is basiclly that. Don't over think it, just follow the instructions if something goes wrong it isn't that hard to fix most issues. With my tutorial you can just drag and drop the files again into a new folder. Just keep the original folders (key hint here as many have gone away in the past) and all will be good. :)

For Sexout I would advise the tutorial by Bruce Wayne. For added quest mods for NV I would advise you check into SomeGuys2000 mods on nexus.

• Like 1

Yep, something like that :)

When following the tutorial the key is not to overthink it. In fact for the most part modding and Sexout itself is basiclly that. Don't over think it, just follow the instructions if something goes wrong it isn't that hard to fix most issues. With my tutorial you can just drag and drop the files again into a new folder. Just keep the original folders (key hint here as many have gone away in the past) and all will be good. :)

For Sexout I would advise the tutorial by Bruce Wayne. For added quest mods for NV I would advise you check into SomeGuys2000 mods on nexus.

yes, after reading it again i more or less understood it :P i had started with the idea that the guide should teach how to install the mod so finding out that to follow the tutorial you needed to have the mod already installed confused me...  but was a confusion originated by my wrong starting assumptions ;)

i've seen Bruce Wayne's tutorial and i'll try to follow it... at the moment isn't really clear to me because the pictures don't seem to be visible any more, so when it says "you will see this" since i can't see "this" i don't understand what i will have to do...  but i hope that when i'll be doing it for real i'll understand anyway :$

thank you very much and sorry for bothering you :P

yes, after reading it again i more or less understood it :P i had started with the idea that the guide should teach how to install the mod so finding out that to follow the tutorial you needed to have the mod already installed confused me...  but was a confusion originated by my wrong starting assumptions ;)

That has happened many times in the past.

i've seen Bruce Wayne's tutorial and i'll try to follow it... at the moment isn't really clear to me because the pictures don't seem to be visible any more, so when it says "you will see this" since i can't see "this" i don't understand what i will have to do...  but i hope that when i'll be doing it for real i'll understand anyway :$

Perhaps you have ad block or something blocking it.

I get the same thing, sent email to him for response. Try to follow the steps and if you have questions (like how to install NVSE do a bit of research first). The order of steps cover all that is needed for a base Sexout install.

• Like 1

ok, as expected...  started playing, started having problems... :P

1) my PC doesn't look like those in your screenshots, after adding the mods suggested by Kendo2/ritualclarity, NPC look better and my PC is the ugliest of the wasteland (well, she isn't really ugly but she's the less cute) :(

is there a way in which i can customize her better then the showracemenu provided in-game allows ?

2) i had a problem with a mod called Unethical Deeds, got an error that i don't understand...  OK, i could ask in loverslab and i probably will but, before ilet know everybody i'm a newbie and not so smart either (you already know, LOL :$) maybe you can help me understanding what's wrong...  the error is the one in attached file "error", seems my game misses something but can't understand what... "error0" is the requirements of the mods as reported on loverslab, while "list" is my installed mods list... (of course Unethical Deeds was selected when it gave the error, i deselected afterwards)  it took a while but i found out :P

3) anybody knows if there's a mod that allows me to move the camera around my PC without going into free cam and maybe even to walk towards the camera instead of always seeing my back when i move ?  found !

4) which mod can i use to remove the HUD while i take screenshots without going always into console ? i thought UIO would do that, but if it does, i don't know how. looked around a bit, i'm trying oHUD ;)

thanks.

Edited by Karma199696