THE CRINGE-WORTHY INTERNET THREAD

Kendo 2

Apple’s T2 chip will block some third-party repairs of new devices

If a certain diagnostic software isn't present, your machine could be bricked.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/11/apples-t2-chip-will-block-some-third-party-repairs-of-new-devices/

An Apple fanboy is either an idiot or is a billionaire who shits money... but most likely an idiot...

This isn't a debate on whether or not you prefer using a particular product over another. Far from it. This issue here is buying poorly made, overpriced products of a company and then pay them excessive amounts of money in order to have your product (poorly) repaired.

Edited by bjornk

Oh. I got it. I'm just being snarky. In fact, after re-watching that video I posted, I realized it's actually pro-Mac!
So as usual I blew myself up with my own bomb!

That said, there's a lot of money to be made off idiots like me. I use computers all the time but I know almost nothing about how they work, how to program them, what to do when something glitches or freezes up. Tech companies have me and millions of other people over the barrel and they can charge whatever they like because we have no choice but to pay it.

The "idiots" are the fanboys who defend Apple products and policies at all costs. I mean, how else would you call such people?

No arguments there. Some Apple fans seem to regard it as a religion. I always found it funny that Apple is mistakenly perceived as a "company for the people" by their sycophants when, in reality, it's just another mega-corporation making huge profits off of sweatshop labor and market  manipulation.

Edited by vancleef

12 hours ago, bjornk said:

Read this article the other day. This is why I'm a Cynic.

"This gas story is gonna backfire," McClure's friend told her at one point.

"Nah, it's all good," McClure responded. "How would it?"

This is why Real Life is funnier than any comedy screenplay.

Edited by vancleef

Can anyone else see a correlation between games released in an unfinished state, games that are perpetually in early access stage, mods that are abandoned in a broken state etc. and the need for instant gratification and impatience of the Millenials who make them?

• Agree 1