'Bands of the Whore' A WIP quest mod thread for Sexlab, ZAZ, etc.

5 minutes ago, Karma199696 said:

no, i don't keep saved games... i quite quickly get bored of playing the same character, so i delete saved games, decide which mods i want to remove, keep (update if necessary) or add...  then start a new game and create a new character...  that's why i hate the start sequence, too long and i'd see it too often :P

Then save right after escape from Helgan. Escape from the cave and watch the dragon fly overhead. Create a hard save (or whatever) then use that to start from. Just change the appearance using command and you should be fine. If you like you can even create bat file to add items to the chracter or add them personal using the command and item # ...a bit advanced but will give you the desired results of not having to live through the intro and useful as you won't need to use Alternate life either. :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Then save right after escape from Helgan. Escape from the cave and watch the dragon fly overhead. Create a hard save (or whatever) then use that to start from. Just change the appearance using command and you should be fine. If you like you can even create bat file to add items to the chracter or add them personal using the command and item # ...a bit advanced but will give you the desired results of not having to live through the intro and useful as you won't need to use Alternate life either. :)

well, but i like LAL and it's expansion and all the possible different starts :P  anyway when it's finished i might create a profile without LAL to try Kendo2's mod ;)

3 hours ago, Karma199696 said:

well, but i like LAL and it's expansion and all the possible different starts :P  anyway when it's finished i might create a profile without LAL to try Kendo2's mod ;)

Ritual Clarity is helping me iron out a few bugs and glitches.  That really helps speed up the process of getting the mod ready for an early beta test.

UPDATE:

Just finished the 3rd quest of a 5 quest arc.  I've made a lot of changes so I'm going to start a new game and do a new mod play-through.  IF everything works as intended the mod might be ready for beta testing as soon as next week.  Making this mod is my new hobby. :D

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

UPDATE:

Just finished the 3rd quest of a 5 quest arc.  I've made a lot of changes so I'm going to start a new game and do a new mod play-through.  IF everything works as intended the mod might be ready for beta testing as soon as next week.  Making this mod is my new hobby. :D

Even in its very early Alpha form with the occasional expected glitch and or issue, it is a singularly unique mod. I haven't seen, played, or heard of  any mod that is like this one. If you have gotten tired of banging the entirety of Skyrim regardless of race, or species ;) and are looking at something that has a story and meaning to it, of an adult nature,  this might just be your mod.

If you want random mindless sex where your character bangs everything in sight, stick with Sexlab's Matchmaker or Random Sex mod.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

Been working on scripts and isolating Sexlab animations in script functions to make the game do what I want, and I FINALLY FUCKING figured it out...somewhat.  Still trying to discover the Skyrim Script Kabal secrets  'those in the know' refuse to fucking share, but I'm getting there.

Here's an example: an NPC spanks the player and they do not strip, but the player does.

Spoiler

GetSpanked.thumb.png.bdb9c1be69a5f3c337f994bb03833b7a.png

Good luck with this project. Seems interesting but I don't use SL. Never have.

"May wisdom forever light your path." -Nenya, the steward of Falkreath

2 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Good luck with this project. Seems interesting but I don't use SL. Never have.

It's over-rated, but I'm too much of fruit to figure out how to code for 0Sex.  And I don't know anything about Skyrim scripting anyway.  I guess I need to make a Paetron account so I can Lover's Lab be somebody. :D

8 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

UPDATE:

Been working on scripts and isolating Sexlab animations in script functions to make the game do what I want, and I FINALLY FUCKING figured it out...somewhat.  Still trying to discover the Skyrim Script Kabal secrets  'those in the know' refuse to fucking share, but I'm getting there.

Here's an example: an NPC spanks the player and they do not strip, but the player does.

Reveal hidden contents

GetSpanked.thumb.png.bdb9c1be69a5f3c337f994bb03833b7a.png

oh... talking about spanking reminded me a question i always wanted to ask...  would be possible make ass-cheeks get red when spanked ?

i suppose yes, since there's a mod that makes you blush when aroused, so it should be applicable to ass too (for different cause)... but nobody ever bothered doing it...  wonder why... maybe too difficult ?

11 minutes ago, Karma199696 said:

oh... talking about spanking reminded me a question i always wanted to ask...  would be possible make ass-cheeks get red when spanked ?

i suppose yes, since there's a mod that makes you blush when aroused, so it should be applicable to ass too (for different cause)... but nobody ever bothered doing it...  wonder why... maybe too difficult ?

I am not sure but I believe there are face mask (layers) that can be added and changed. Reason why you can have face paint. The ass... don't have "ass mask" so I don't think you could do that like you could with the face. It would also likely require a custom body/texture etc that would limit the users choices to do so if done. Of course I could be completely missing the concept :)

On 10/6/2017 at 6:10 PM, Kendo 2 said:

Red butt cheek are possible, but I have my hands full just dealing with the mod.  Zaz Animation pack adds stripes when the player is whipped and Sexlab adds cum splatter.  So yeah it's possible, but I'm not going to do it.

i wasn't asking you to do it (even if of course i would have liked it :P )

i was just wondering since there are several spanking animations and a few mods where PC gets spanked, yet nobody ever consider to add that feature... :)

so, thanks for answering :)

Just need a new hit effect shader and a new alpha texture, and some who knows enough about scripting to apply them when spanking animations are played.  Zaz Animations already does it so it can be done.  Finding someone who has the knowledge, will and time is the problem.

UPDATE:

I have the Companions quest working seamlessly.  Kodlak, Vilkas and the trigger zones that start their scene and the Companions quest all disable if the player tries to go into the Jorrvaskr basement.  Tilma the maid will then allow the player to serve the warriors.  All the player has to do his hand out mead and if she doesn't have mead (and the NPC's arousal is high enough) the NPC will opt to fuck the player.  The player can do this for as long as they like provided the NPCs are aroused.  Once the player hands out one mead and has sex with one NPC they can go back to Tilma for their reward, and the quest will end.  The quest can done done once per day.

20 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Good job Karma asking that question. I never thought it was possible or at least easy. Kendo states it is possible then it is :P

I am sure there are others that would like that added to spanking if/when added to a mod (this one or others) Good that you brought it up. :)

my philosophy (the only stupid questions are those not asked) sometimes gets me insulted (not here ;) ) but some others obtains some good results :D

20 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Just need a new hit effect shader and a new alpha texture, and some who knows enough about scripting to apply them when spanking animations are played.  Zaz Animations already does it so it can be done.  Finding someone who has the knowledge, will and time is the problem.

well... i hope that some of the 23.111 members of the site will read this and maybe decide to give it a try (if they can) or start spreading the idea (if they can't mod themselves) :)

UPDATE:

I've been working on the mod's story and it struck me that some players will not like this mod.  The mod is a narrative adventure where the player has a defined role and the NPCs I'm using react and interact with the player in the context of that role.  This isn't going to be a 'run around and do whatever you want' type of mod.  It's my intention that the player play the mod 'as intended'.  That isn't conducive to what Skyrim players (and Bethesda game players in general) are used to.  The mod is going to be a problem for people who can't wrap their heads around that and I doubt the mod will popular because of it.

Anyway, I'm writing the story in a 'non-Bethesda' way.  There isn't a foregone conclusion or mediocre plot twist the story is centered around.  I have a story concept and I'm placing the player and the NPCs I'm using into it.  The NPCs' personalities and the player's actions write what happens next.  Some outcomes are predetermined for the sake of the story but some key elements hinge on what the player does.  Those of you who have played Mass Effect or the Witcher games will understand what I'm talking about.

As the mod's story branches out there will be sections of the narrative the player might miss altogether.  For instance; I've started placing mod Easter Eggs in the dialogue of NPCs the player will likely talk to.  That might add a map marker, give a clue, or open a dialogue sequence with another NPC later.  There are also 'gray area' choices where the player will be faced with making decisions with repercussions later in the mod.  So like I said, the 'do whatever you want' play style Bethesda games enforce have will not work with the mod.  And I know some players won't like that....and I really don't care. :D

• Like 1

Sounds good to me. I don't see a problem with it. It is a mod. Not the game. A user could fire this up, explore the story and quest as many times as they feel like and then uninstall it. Go back to it anytime new content is created for it. Not a problem. Really, I don't see it as a problem. You are giving a disclaimer as to the style you are following so that the consumer/user is fully informed. that is really all any user can and should ask of the author. If, it is a type of mod that the user really dislikes, they can move on to another mod. However, I'd advise them to give it a try anyway to see. From what I have been privileged to see, I can say it is singularly unique and interesting mod. Worth a check at least :)

i agree with RC :) you're not pointing a gun to anybody's head and forcing them to play the mod...  furthermore you've been quite clear about what kind of mod is this, so... they've been warned ! :D

personally i like the idea of a mod where my choices matter...  else, why should i have a choice if it doesn't matter what i choose ?!? and it's especially interesting when the consequences of my choices aren't immediate but will have effect later in the game... :D

so, whatever the result will be, thank in advance for your work and efforts :big-smile:

10 minutes ago, Karma199696 said:

i agree with RC :) you're not pointing a gun to anybody's head and forcing them to play the mod...  furthermore you've been quite clear about what kind of mod is this, so... they've been warned ! :D

personally i like the idea of a mod where my choices matter...  else, why should i have a choice if it doesn't matter what i choose ?!? and it's especially interesting when the consequences of my choices aren't immediate but will have effect later in the game... :D

so, whatever the result will be, thank in advance for your work and efforts :big-smile:

Wait... it is starting to sound like Morrowwind... :P where your choices make a difference... :D Before they ( Bethesda) decided to go the softer way and let everybody "win" when they do stupid shit and not suffer consequences for their actions. 

UPDATE:  It's a small one.

I have a new script for quest timers and I've worked out the code to where it will count game days passing and then set the stage for a new quest or advance the one currently being played.  I know it doesn't sound like much but I had to dig through existing game code and make the script myself.  NOT a fun thing to do.