Bethesda announces "Creation Club" (Paid Mods)

Doublezero

If that's the case, they should of sealed their lips until they had something more worthwhile putting on CC. But it seems they are in a rush to snatch people's cash with this CC jibberish that they just hung themselves once again. From 2015 till this day, they haven't learned a damn thing.

And I believe the assets are placed in the original game's BSAs. That's more than likely why the BSA apart from the .exe and master files were updated.

Update... 

@endgameaddiction was correct. I thought it wasn't possible for them to be that stupid as to preload all the content into the computer but apparently their stupidity knows no bounds and I am giving them too much credit. 

Spoiler

59a635e591707_Fallout4NewCCContent..thumb.PNG.ede666e2b3c6a3603e8cf9b2946eb35c.PNG

Size..PNG.ce0306da0c63f7f81a8c3bf365f528c3.PNG

AS you can see above after the most recent update... a ton of shit has been added to the game. All start with CC. (Creators Club) much like the  rest of the games would show DLC(DLC name) what the item is format. 

The second capture is how much space you are using on your SSD for the crap that you don't want or need or will even use. 

It appears that they placed the assets (textures, meshes etc) into your game folder but not the esm/esp. Likely that is what you are "buying" So as mentioned above... you should be able to extract those fuckers and then just add it to your own game record... if you wanted it. WTF.... really? They (Bethesda) isn't even holding the files for those that purchase them... Hell just give the assets out to everybody so that it would be much easier to pirate the content. Wow... It is SoOOOOO very difficult to create a record for an armor / weapon ... 

Yea.... 

@Kendo 2 comment above applies pretty well here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, endgameaddiction said:

If that's the case, they should of sealed their lips until they had something more worthwhile putting on CC. But it seems they are in a rush to snatch people's cash with this CC jibberish that they just hung themselves once again. From 2015 till this day, they haven't learned a damn thing.

And I believe the assets are placed in the original game's BSAs. That's more than likely why the BSA apart from the .exe and master files were updated.

yes, they should have waited and sent out invites for the program to those mod authors that they wanted to work with and worked on "flagship" projects that would properly represent the best of the best they had to offer before they rolled out the program. This would have been the best path, however, they have a history of not following the best path. 

I also did confirm for those that don't have the game and those that won't load the game anymore that indeed the BSAs are installed with the most recent update. 

1 minute ago, endgameaddiction said:

derp, okay nvm. I thought it was all included in the main BSAs of Fallotut 4.

It might very well be. I don't have the tools (or care enough to extract them) to see if it is indeed included in the BSA records. However their format with BS2/ESM is pretty consistent through the Data file. Not sure if they can include the entire thing into the BS2 file to make it work If that is the case then that is even more stupid. People can rip these out and even have the files (records) to rework. 

P.S. I can't find the Eula file (raw in the folder.)  to upload it here to see it was indeed changed as @Kendo 2 believes it to be. 

what makes these files being loaded into your game folder even more horrific is the fact that you can remove the DLCs  pretty easy by simply unclicking them in the panel labeled "DLC below the Play button. When you do this you get 

Spoiler

59a639aa9a45d_FalloutremovedDLCs.PNG.bfaf294a1ceb7a81bbd3e721097d9a0c.PNG

DLC.PNG.d67d44795c183fd28a29a550adb09fc1.PNG

Disclaimer... I did delete the "CC" crap but other than that nothing else. 

On a side note if you experienced the addition of the High Texture pack and it completely fucked your game causing CTD and other shit... just unclick it and be done with it. It will instantly delete it from your Steam folder. 

Yep, that is a knee jerk move to the mod community. I'm laughing out loud over here. I just can't help but be cynical about all this.

The moment they pulled this crap in 2015, I knew they were all about shady business practices. Especially how they marketed Season Pass for FO4.

2 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Where did you get that from? I will see if I can get the current copy. 

I archived it the same day I installed the game.  After what Bethesda did to me with the 'paid mods' forced update (violated their own license) I was determined to never let them fuck me again.

They have a whole different thing when you try to sign up for the Creators club. It is pages and pages (scrolling) of content. 

Dam,

my last NDR /Non Compete documentation had less content and conditions... :P 

Slight off topic... 

Dam I really wish Cyberpunk was released. :( I really want a new game to play. Board alien isn't an happy alien. :P

The Creation Club is NOT the game and you didn't agree to ANY Creation Club content being installed when you installed the game.  It's not in the game's license and IF you installed the game around the same time I did (the week it was released) then the license I linked is the license you agreed to.

Yea, which is so stupid that they "give" you the files when you never signed up for the program. lol. 

I repurchased the game so I had the first version (EULA etc) So your Eula would be the one I was covered by. Funny thing is I can't find the file. I can find files for EULA from other games but not Fallout 4

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

The Creation Club is NOT the game and you didn't agree to ANY Creation Club content being installed when you installed the game.  It's not in the game's license and IF you installed the game around the same time I did (the week it was released) then the license I linked is the license you agreed to.

Which is why, the EULA has to have changed.

You can go forth and use those assets without paying for the CC mods, but you upload those assets as a new file, that's copyright infringement. Would be interesting comparing the CC mod version to the free version on Nexus. I bet you they are exactly the same with some minor touch ups by Beth to distinguish their version from the free version in case they have to use their force on assets being infringed. Because as you stated, they have the right to use your work due to the previous EULA.

That or your assets belong to them no matter what so they cannot be modified.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Update... 

@endgameaddiction was correct. I thought it wasn't possible for them to be that stupid as to preload all the content into the computer but apparently their stupidity knows no bounds and I am giving them too much credit. 

Reveal hidden contents

59a635e591707_Fallout4NewCCContent..thumb.PNG.ede666e2b3c6a3603e8cf9b2946eb35c.PNG

Size..PNG.ce0306da0c63f7f81a8c3bf365f528c3.PNG

AS you can see above after the most recent update... a ton of shit has been added to the game. All start with CC. (Creators Club) much like the  rest of the games would show DLC(DLC name) what the item is format. 

The second capture is how much space you are using on your SSD for the crap that you don't want or need or will even use. 

It appears that they placed the assets (textures, meshes etc) into your game folder but not the esm/esp. Likely that is what you are "buying" So as mentioned above... you should be able to extract those fuckers and then just add it to your own game record... if you wanted it. WTF.... really? They (Bethesda) isn't even holding the files for those that purchase them... Hell just give the assets out to everybody so that it would be much easier to pirate the content. Wow... It is SoOOOOO very difficult to create a record for an armor / weapon ... 

Yea.... 

@Kendo 2 comment above applies pretty well here. 

This is like those console games where you're paying for dlc that's already on the disk. If this is something that was intended to happen then this isn't going to go very well especially on consoles.

Even Dark0ne's fanboy Gopher is against this now.

Anyway, everyone is missing the point of this Creation Club thing; tapping console users wallets with microtransactions.  Using mods on consoles means no in-game achievements or trophies (they're disabled with mods installed).  If consolers BUY mods from the Creation Club they get microtransactions (which we all know they're already used to anyway) AND achievements or trophies (which PC users couldn't give a flying fuck about).  There's no appeal for anyone but console users.

I read a few tweets in Bethesda's stream this morning and mostly it is 'fuck this' but OF COURSE the shill brigade is out in force to claim the Creation Club is awesome.  I swear some of these people are being paid.  The total lack of common sense is unfathomable.

Fallout 4... with everything is LARGE.

Adding the CC content only adds to this. Imagine having a near 100mb game on a gaming laptop with an SSD.

Spoiler

59a6f47453810_Fallout4Totalsize.PNG.d16b58bcacf566b675d46c0f21967c47.PNG

You would be only able to play one game or so on most currently sold gaming laptops. Most have SSD but they are 256 or maybe 512 if lucky. That sucks up quite a bit of space and this is before any added files. Before F4SE, tools, mods etc. Just the entire Fallout 4 options and CC content (verified cache) nothing else.

Modern games are large by standard, however, it isn't beneficial to blow that up with crap that you might or might not need. It is DLC type content. "Official Content" then fine. Cool. Don't give a dam. However, they should treat this content as they do the other content like the High Texture pack etc. In Steam you can unclick it and ... *poof* it is gone from your game folder. There is no unclick, no remove etc. If you delete it you have to do so manually and if you ever have to re-verify the cache not only will you have to download any damaged files you will have to download (currently >600mb) files which you have no use for. There is no ability to avoid this.

Needless to say this sucks.

I looked at the 'discussions' about the Creation Club at both Nexus and Lover's Lab.  WHADDA WASTE OF FUCKING TIME.  We've covered more ground with four pages than both of those sites have combined.  The discussions on those sites can be summed up with a wet farting noise and somehow that would be more substantive than what is actually being said there.  Welcome to WalMart.

I have looked at Loverslab post etc, but don't go to read Nexus. I don't find anything useful (usually) there. Sometimes I find some useful info at Lovers (DoctaSax posted the Gopher review video which was quite informative and posted before the same info here.)

I wouldn't call it wet farting sounds. I would akin it more like this

:P

I'm glad this happened. Fanboys are no different than SJWs. They have no valid points/arguments or facts, and instead of calling you neo nazi and racist, they'll call you a hater and troll and that somehow is a valid argument.

Fanboys and CC modders contribute to the destruction of modding.

Edited by Guest

What most people are missing is the wording that Bethesda has for their CC.

When they state that it has to be "new" content they never stated that alternatives which are similar or even the same wasn't going to be available. They likely intended that statement to stand as ... the current mods wouldn't be accepted into the program. It is semantics but, I can see them thinking that way.