Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest

Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion, News etc.

Recommended Posts

Fudgemuppet breaks the trailer down pretty well.  Also, there are screenshots taken from the game that shows trash and junk on the street, moldy walls, etc.  Scummy areas exist in the game, they just weren't the focus of the trailer.  He also points out other things as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I like the music played during the hacking, which was also used in the 2013 trailer. I also like the number they did in the MS event. I hope "ethical hacking" or hacking for the benefit of public type of thing is a theme in the game. As for the music they used for the trailer...well, it was pretty generic and boring. In fact, it sounds suspiciously similar to the fan made music below for the old tailer.

The fan made music for the 2013 trailer:

 

The music in the E3 2018 trailer:

Female characters looked good in the trailer, CDPR's females are always superior to, ahem, a certain other dev, and the fact that there's pregnant NPC is always welcome! :D Is this and this the female PC? Judging by the brows it's the same person... "Beautiful and deadly"... Hmm...

It says "game engine footage" but I doubt that this is what the game will look like. A bit too colorful for me. It's probably something like one of those TW3 trailers with Geralt and Yennefer.

Anyway, still not very hopeful about the game as it'll be a class-based tabletop conversion, but at least the dev is decent enough.

PS. I'm also worried that the depiction of the future USA by a Polish developer might not sit well with the American audience. The world of TW was alien to everyone but this one isn't. Another worry is that how they will handle combat featuring firearms. Ironsights? Cover shooter?

 

 

Edited by bjornk
Youtube links

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's just my opinion, but the E3 trailer is actually much better with Perturbator's Future Club. Play both videos together and turn off the sound for the E3 trailer... :D

Quote

"the music i made on this trailer was simply a way to show CD Projekt Red the mood and the music i was capable of making for the Cyberpunk 2077 game"

Hope someone had taken notice... :D

 

 

Edited by bjornk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's just me but that girl holding a pistol by the window is probably the most feminine video game character I've ever seen.  Man, I really hope there is full modding support for adult mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2018 at 5:05 PM, nsfwmodszzz said:

Maybe it's just me but that girl holding a pistol by the window is probably the most feminine video game character I've ever seen.

Obviously there are others who thought the same and picked her as one of the screenshots at cyberpunk.net. Kinda reminds me of TW3 girls, you know, Triss, Yennefer, Ciri and Shani. Let's hope they'll all make it into the CC presets for the female PC... :D

On 6/12/2018 at 5:05 PM, nsfwmodszzz said:

Man, I really hope there is full modding support for adult mods.

Nah, I prefer full adult content out of the box... and then I'd get my girl an STD proof vag implant and we'd fuck our way through the NC! :D

BTW, there may be a gameplay demo kind of thing today at E3. Should keep an eye out for that.

Edit:

They've posted (previously inaccessible) e3schedule.inf on twitter.
 

Quote

 

> Searching...

> Found <<e3schedule.inf>>

> ERROR > Data protected

> Please enter password

> ******

> Access granted!_

> 9PM CEST / 12PM PST – GameSpot Live

> 11PM CEST / 2PM PST – IGN Live

> 2:30AM CEST / 5:30PM PST – E3 Coliseum Live

 

Not sure if they'll show anything new, but you might want to watch those anyway.

Edited by bjornk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ugh, rumor is it's a "First Person" RPG with pretty shitty looking characters... 😒

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1006625930884739072

DfhAATdXcAsA-FG.jpg

Think I'll pass this one too...

By the way, you play a particular character called 'V'. It's not like you can be *anyone* you want, which suggests that this isn't going to be a sandbox game, instead you'll probably get some "cinematic" shit with lots of cutscenes... another reason for me to avoid this game. I'll probably just watch a LP of it and that would be more than enough.

 

Edited by bjornk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Posted (edited)

I'm not too happy about that myself. Perhaps their stance will change through the feedback. If not, I'll pass myself.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To clarify, this is going to be a game played in "first person view only" other than driving and probably cutscenes. In other words, you won't be switching between 1st and 3rd person like you can in Beth games etc. It'll be like "Kingdom Come:Deliverance". When WH Studios pulled the same trick early in development, they refused to listen the people complaining about it. I'm afraid this going to be a similar case. I stopped following that game the moment that happened and never looked back, never cared for it. Cyberpunk may be the greatest game ever, but I won't be playing it, as a 1st person only RPG is simply not for me. I could possibly ignore some other potential issues with the game, but this is definitely a deal breaker.

There are several discussions about the issue on their forum here. Have to admit, CDPR has managed to gather quite an obnoxious fanboy crowd around them. Quite literally dogs, who lick their master's asshole every now and then and bark at everyone who dares to criticize their master. Much like the ones owned by Bioware and Bethesda.

Edited by bjornk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Posted (edited)

Seeing as how loud people are getting in that thread, I'm betting they will implement TPP. I hope so. I really don't want to miss out on this game. I envisioned playing it in TPP. I would like to see my badass character in action and only going into FPP when I have to, which is what I do in Skyrim and did with Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

But if they stay true to just FPP, it's their choice and I respect that. I will just pass on this game. Even if it's a good RPG which I have no doubt it will be.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second post of that polling discussion on CDPR says it all.  What's the point of customizing your character's appearance if the game is in FPP?  Real RPG must have TPP with FPP optional during combat or conversation.

But honestly I am pretty sure the game will have TPP.  From what I read the demo was to showoff the game's combat mechanics so make sense FPP was the preferred POV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played most of the good RPGs on the PC since the late 90's and can't recall a single one that was "1st person only". Don't know about you, but I think a smart developer should have realized that, before agitating fans of their with this sort of shit. You are probably giving CDPR more credit than they actually deserve. Unlike you, I doubt they'll ever add a 3rd person option in the game cause I bet they also have some smartass leads who think they know best, much like the asses at Warhorse. TBH, they are all fuckin amateurs surrounded by idiotic fanboys who keep trying to find laughable execuses for their beloved developers.

And if you think you'll get better games in the future, heh, who's going to make them?! These guys? Dream on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fanboys defend bad product AFTER launch even when facts are evident.  Fanboyism lack intelligence but making conclusions before the fact and without proper analysis other than stroking your own ego is just flip side of the coin. 

The only reason a game cannot do TPP is if the developer did not create an in-game player model.  All evidence so far point to CP2077 has player model(s).  FPP is superior to TPP in certain situations and vice versa.  To conclude this game is a piece of shit because most of what has been shown so far, which is nothing but bits, is FPP is illogical and implying those who think otherwise are inferior in intelligence is dickish.

That Kingdom Come: Deliverance did not launch with TPP is clearly for cost reason, not because the developers think it makes the game "better" and certainly not for technical reason because player model exists.  All reviews said the game shows evidence of being rushed.  A mod has already enabled TPP and if the developer chose not to included it in subsequent patches then we can accuse Warhorse for being obtuse but so far their crime is an incomplete game.  I don't have Kingdom Come: Deliverance but in 40+ years almost every games I've enjoyed are neither perfect nor complete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Posted (edited)

Two things that have killed it for me thus far.

TPP - I was under the impression it was going to be both and allow you to switch when ever you want. I'm not interested in FPP only. I humbly asked them to rethink about in the forums. I just made one post but given that it's a massive shit fest in there, I'm not bothering again.

Playing as V - I don't very much care if the character is somewhat fixed, but the part that killed it for me was telling us we play as V a street mercenary. Well I guess picking your class is out the window, or very limited. I was looking forward to being able to pick a class and role-play as that class as you can in Cyberpunk 2020's table top RPG.

I'll wait for actual gameplay footage and more info, but right now I'm very very skeptical about the game.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, nsfwmodszzz said:

Fanboys defend bad product AFTER launch even when facts are evident.  Fanboyism lack intelligence but making conclusions before the fact and without proper analysis other than stroking your own ego is just flip side of the coin. 

 

That was the same excuse for the people who defended FO4 and its horrible dialogue system along with other things BEFORE launch, as they didn't want to see it even if it was right in front of their nose. We're obviously not talking about hard facts here, these are all personal preferences. I may call something shit and other people may be perfectly fine with it, but liking something and attacking and insulting at people who don't, are two different things. What fanboys do is the latter. I never ask those people "how can you like it?" but they keep asking "how can you not like it?!".

4 hours ago, nsfwmodszzz said:

That Kingdom Come: Deliverance did not launch with TPP is clearly for cost reason, not because the developers think it makes the game "better" and certainly not for technical reason because player model exists.  All reviews said the game shows evidence of being rushed.  A mod has already enabled TPP and if the developer chose not to included it in subsequent patches then we can accuse Warhorse for being obtuse but so far their crime is an incomplete game.  I don't have Kingdom Come: Deliverance but in 40+ years almost every games I've enjoyed are neither perfect nor complete. 

3rd person view and the female player character option were two of the questions people asked the WH devs during the Kickstarter process. They refused both and not because of the cost reasons but because "muh vision!". I recall it perfectly well because I was interested in both and their answer was the reason I lost all my interest in that game. And you say there's "a mod" that enables 3rd person, then there's your answer, the cost clearly wasn't the reason. Hell, M&B, a fucking indie game made by two people with no budget whatsoever had dual view option since day 1.

Edited by bjornk
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Playing as V - I don't very much care if the character is somewhat fixed, but the part that killed it for me was telling us we play as V a street mercenary. Well I guess picking your class is out the window, or very limited. I was looking forward to being able to pick a class and role-play as that class as you can in Cyberpunk 2020's table top RPG.

They clearly have a particular story line that they want you to follow in the game. Can't think of any other reason for not having a random guy with no name as the PC.

Edit: Uhh, yeah, there is one reason, they needed a voiced protagonist that other NPCs also refer to by name, a la Shepard or Geralt. This time it's V. "I'm commander V and this is my favorite store in NC!"...

 

Quote

Although cinematic fleshing-out like this and pre-set responses do make me question the depth of the roleplaying. If V is our hero, she often seems to already have concrete personality traits, even if the choices and chat options are yours.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/13/cyberpunk-2077-e3-gameplay-demo/

Right, you now have a "customizable Geralt", still witchering but now in another world. I suppose it'd be foolish to expect anything else from CDPR. I have a feeling that the key people at CDPR are massive Bioware fanboys.

I see some people defending FPV as being "immersive". It's not. FPV in games aims to emulate human vision in video games, and that's probably what makes people think it's "immersive", but that's only in theory, it's actually not the same thing as your real-life vision at all. It's a lot more restrictive and you feel it. IRL, you can immediately scan a much larger area with your eyes just by turning your head slightly and it doesn't even take a second for you brain to adapt it. In FPV your vision is not only limited by the size of your monitor and its closeness to your eyes but also by your character's "FOV" or viewport. This is the reason why people use multiple monitor setups, TrackIR etc. to play games and that VR is a thing. At least, TPV gives you a larger view range of the environment that surrounds your character, when you can turn the camera around your character, you basically eliminate one step between your brain and what you want to see in game.

 

Edited by bjornk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well, I had my doubts of ME being FPS after hearing about all the deviations from DA:O and got it only very, very late after it was released.  It turned out OK and ME2 was one of the best games I've played.  It's the execution and not the concept that mattered.

Saw a follow-up interview on CDPR forum on FPP.  It sounds like instead of having TPP/FPP switching as a player action they decided that the game is better off the switching being at the director's discretion.  Like I said, in some situations FPP is superior and others TPP is so without knowing how the game weaves its narratives and interacts with the world it's all back to CDPR's execution. 

The shit storm is getting ridiculous.  It's not like CDPR took crowdfunding money or pissed on some cherished existing IP.  If it's good, buy it, if not, move on.

Edited by nsfwmodszzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Yeah, there's no more reason for me to complain about it anymore. I've got my answer loud and clear. Best of luck who plays it. Hope you enjoy it. Maybe they'll change their mind, but I've already made up mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, nsfwmodszzz said:

Well, I had my doubts of ME being FPS after hearing about all the deviations from DA:O and got it only very, very late after it was released.  It turned out OK and ME2 was one of the best games I've played.  It's the execution and not the concept that mattered.

 

There is NO Mass Effect game that is superior to others in every way. If you liked ME2 more, it's simply because what they focused on in that particular game appealed to you more. Quest design definitely got better in the 2nd game and yet they completely removed many other things (inventory, armors, attachments, exiting through the airlock etc.) that made the first game good, well, relatively speaking. They "streamlined" the game and turned it into something that appealed to casual couch gamers who don't want to get involved with the game all that much. Then they brought back some of it in 3 probably due to protests. In other words, execution matters, but not always in a positive way. Some like it, some don't.

1 hour ago, nsfwmodszzz said:

instead of having TPP/FPP switching as a player action they decided that the game is better off the switching being at the director's discretion

As if this is a goddamn movie.

1 hour ago, nsfwmodszzz said:

The shit storm is getting ridiculous.  It's not like CDPR took crowdfunding money or pissed on some cherished existing IP.  If it's good, buy it, if not, move on.

It's not "shit storm" when people simply express their disappointment and thanks for the advice, we're so stupid we wouldn't be able to figure it out without you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bjornk said:

There is NO Mass Effect game that is superior to others in every way. If you liked ME2 more, it's simply because what they focused on in that particular game appealed to you more. Quest design definitely got better in the 2nd game and yet they completely removed many other things (inventory, armors, attachments, exiting through the airlock etc.) that made the first game good, well, relatively speaking. They "streamlined" the game and turned it into something that appealed to casual couch gamers who don't want to get involved with the game all that much. Then they brought back some of it in 3 probably due to protests. In other words, execution matters, but not always in a positive way. Some like it, some don't.

As if this is a goddamn movie.

It's not "shit storm" when people simply express their disappointment and thanks for the advice, we're so stupid we wouldn't be able to figure it out without you.

Back at you, only your opinions are the Truth and if you said something is shit it must be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nsfwmodszzz said:

only your opinions are the Truth and if you said something is shit it must be.

 

3 hours ago, bjornk said:

We're obviously not talking about hard facts here, these are all personal preferences. I may call something shit and other people may be perfectly fine with it, but liking something and attacking and insulting at people who don't, are two different things. What fanboys do is the latter. I never ask those people "how can you like it?" but they keep asking "how can you not like it?!".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Remember these "leaked" screens from last year that we all dismissed as fake fan-art?...

Spoiler

jdTFHQ2.png

But look at the hairstyle (which is identical to the one the female "V" has in the E3 trailer) and the eye implant splitting the eyebrow. How could just a random fan predict all that a year ago? Nah, these were probably mockups for the real thing and they were either official or made by someone who was somehow involved in the development.

BTW, judging by descriptions of the people who saw the E3 demo, character customization will be pretty limited. You'll probably be disappointed if you're expecting an MMO level of customization (e.g. Black Desert) or something like a Beth game. Again, you should probably take Mass Effect as a reference.

Edited by bjornk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 1:24 PM, Guest said:

Yeah, there's no more reason for me to complain about it anymore. I've got my answer loud and clear. Best of luck who plays it. Hope you enjoy it. Maybe they'll change their mind, but I've already made up mine.

Wait, I've just realized that endgameaddiction is now a "Guest", which probably means s/he left the forum for good. Why?! I hope it's not because of something I've said, s/he was one of the people who invited me here after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Endgameaddiction is on self-imposed hiatus.  He didn't give a reason.

Anyway, my track record with CDPR is good so far.  Never played Witcher1.  Played Witcher2 about a month after it came out and I really liked it.  I didn't play Witcher3 until after Blood&Wine was released and they did the final patch.  I LOVE that fucking game and it's one of the best RPGs I've ever played.  It puts Bethesda's bullshit to shame and that's for sure.

I do have reservations about CP2077 and I'm not going to buy it until I see actual game play footage from someone like Yic17 Fantasy or xLetalis.  BUT I have no reason to doubt CDPR since they aren't known for LYING (Todd Howard) or dicking around with social agendas (all of EA).  I trust them but maybe my vision for what CP2077 should be doesn't jive with what they've done.  Either way I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it; I just won't buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like many other people, I was on the hype train until people started talking about the game is played in "1st person view only", except cutscenes. Now, I might be able to get over the fact that "V" has already an established personality, but a "1st person only" game-play in an RPG is unacceptable for me.

I know some people think it's more "immersive" that way, but it's the opposite for me. Seeing the character I play interacting with the game world is what makes a role-playing game immersive for me. That's the reason I really appreciate features like headtracking for player character in games like Skyrim. I only use 1st person view for convenience when "sniping" things etc. In other games, such as shooters, FPV doesn't matter all that much, as I can pretend that I play it as "myself", but in RPGs, I don't need or want to see the game world "through my own eyes", as I don't play them as "me".

I know people who've seen the demo keep saying that FPV makes sense and indeed, CP2077 may turn out to be a great game, but there are many other "great games" that I don't care about and this is probably going to be one of those...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Kendo 2
      In a nutshell, Tim Berners-Lee (creator of the World Wide Web) is disgusted by it and announces an opensource alternative everyone can use.  He wants people to be able to say 'goodbye' to the titans like FaceBook, Amazon, Twitter and Google.
      Link the FastCompany.com article.
    • By Kendo 2
      The European Commission paid the Dutch firm Ecory for a study on how piracy impacts the sales of copyrighted music, books, video games, and movies.  But the EU never shared the report—possibly because it determined that there is no evidence that piracy is a major problem.
      LINK to the archived Gizmodo Article.
      LINK to the archived original study.
      NOTE: The study is in its original and unedited format.  I included it so there will be no question as to the veracity of the Gizmodo article's claims.
    • By Kendo 2
      It seems Patreon has some new community guidelines.
      Prohibited content now includes; graphic violence, bestiality, incest, rape/non-consensual sex, exploitation of children, and so on.  They are extending these restrictions to art forms, including CGI imagery.  That means video game content, which would fall under "illustrated, animated, and otherwise" from the new guidelines.
      These new guidelines go beyond the 'flagging' system already in place for adult content.  The new prohibited content is just that; prohibited from the Patreon community.  And the process of account suspensions has already started.
       
    • By Kendo 2
      The recent scuttlebutt and rumors are that the retailer chain Target leaked some documentation regarding a 'Bethesda: Game of Thrones' release.  I'm not posting any links since everything at this point is rumors and if nothing solid comes out soon I'll be moving this thread to an Off-Topic area.
      Feel free to discuss.
    • By ritualclarity
      This thread is for all things related to Blender, discussions, questions, quick how to's etc.
      If you have questions related to a specific project you are working on please feel free to open up a new tread for your project to help keep the conversation focused on the project at hand.
×