Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion, News etc.

Well I'm among the minority on this game. I should have never let this game get to me, but I've learned my lesson not to take a developer serious when they play the silent treatment. I rather follow a developer seeing the progress of the game and know beforehand if I'm going to like what's been implemented.

It was stupid of me to actually think third person was going to be an option. I was more upset that they couldn't have been transparent about their decision letting the hype build up.

The game I'm sure will be good but it's not for me. I wanted to give them a chance, but meh. If I wanted a FPS experience, I can look elsewhere.

Edited by endgameaddiction
  • Agree 1

CDPR's mostly toxic fanboys really get on my nerves. They just saw an alpha gameplay footage and it's already "Best game eva!", "Please take my money!"... At least there are still a few people with some sanity left, who first want to be sure that the game really offers what they want.

By the way...

boobs.thumb.jpg.c2063077450b0464312eae5a05ee9d2e.jpg

Edited by bjornk

If there's not going to be a 3rd person camera option then I'm not buying the game.  I wasn't following CP2077 closely, so I guess that's a good thing now.  No way for me to be disappointed.

EDIT:@bjornkPretty sure the mosaic was added to the gameplay screening to keep SJW game journos from derailing what CDPR was trying to present.  Think about it, they do all of this work and hype and then feminists and faggots torpedo it because of nudity in chargen.  If the naughty bits are blurred out then that's one thing SJWs can't target; they'd have to focus on the game play instead of fake moral outrage and garnering social media virtue cred.

18 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Well I'm among the minority on this game. I should have never let this game get to me, but I've learned my lesson not to take a developer serious when they play the silent treatment. I rather follow a developer seeing the progress of the game and know beforehand if I'm going to like what's been implemented.

It was stupid of me to actually think third person was going to be an option. I was more upset that they couldn't have been transparent about their decision letting the hype build up.

The game I'm sure will be good but it's not for me. I wanted to give them a chance, but meh. If I wanted a FPS experience, I can look elsewhere.

Those that don't do their research deserve to be disappointed. I did this for Fallout 4 and I deserved to be disappointed with what was given. Sure I am mad. Sure I will point out the flaws and make complaints but I deserve what I got. It hasn't been until just recently when I think the modding world has finally started to make the game reasonable to play. With Alternate Starts, and their Sim expansion packs... lol. (speaking of they have a mod that builds that shit for you ;) ) Even so, still priced to high for what THEY give you... (Bethesda)

For the Third person view... I don't like it. I like the first person and then go to the third for some scenes and such... However, you aren't stupid to believe they would do a third person as Witcher is third person throughout. This is what They spent all their efforts in ironing out the issues with any fight animations and such. I was surprised that they are using 1st person for the game. (even so it would be nice to be able to pop out to third person once in a while to check out my toon and what they are doing)

I am pretty sure it will be good but will it be Witcher III good? I think this is a great question considering it took them to the third installment to gain the fame they currently have. To really bring the entire world together. Perhaps this will be the same for this? That is the concern I have. Will it be good enough to buy when released?

9 hours ago, bjornk said:

CDPR's mostly toxic fanboys really get on my nerves. They just saw an alpha gameplay footage and it's already "Best game eva!", "Please take my money!"... At least there are still a few people with some sanity left, who first want to be sure that the game really offers what they want.

By the way...

boobs.thumb.jpg.c2063077450b0464312eae5a05ee9d2e.jpg

I believe it was perhaps due to the way they wanted to present the story. They didn't go right to the boobs... They wanted to ease the viewer into the game ... note... they even make a mention of the fact it is a mature game along the time they show this scene. I believe they did that for impact when they state it is mature... so that people really know it is MATURE ;)

47 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

If there's not going to be a 3rd person camera option then I'm not buying the game.  I wasn't following CP2077 closely, so I guess that's a good thing now.  No way for me to be disappointed.

EDIT:@bjornkPretty sure the mosaic was added to the gameplay screening to keep SJW game journos from derailing what CDPR was trying to present.  Think about it, they do all of this work and hype and then feminists and faggots torpedo it because of nudity in chargen.  If the naughty bits are blurred out then that's one thing SJWs can't target; they'd have to focus on the game play instead of fake moral outrage and garnering social media virtue cred.

I have learned to not be disappointed with any game development. I have to wait until the final release and reviews to make my judgement. THEN I will be disappointed. :P in this feature not being x or that not being Y... lol.

I don't agree with the SJW.. I believe they would like to gain their anger... :D  After all they did show a seriously fucked up scene when that women was seriously fucked up... almost died and then rescued... That was a pretty serious scene. I doubt CD Project Red gives a flying fuck about SJWs. Might even enjoy having them get stirred up (for publicity purposes) It would help push their game. There is a major movement growing against their stupid shit. 

So far I like what the game is showing however, not sure if it is a game I want to play .. at least right off the bat.

*censors boobs*... (4 minutes later)... *shows boobs*...(another 4 minutes)... *player wakes up dressed beside a fully naked guy*... "It's a mature experience guys! And keep in mind, THIS IS AN RPG!!!"... I'd say all these things indicate that this game still haven't decided what it wants to be...

No matter what people claim, it pretty much looks like an FPS with RPG mechanics, and not even a serious FPS, with those floating damage values and all, it's just a flashy and an unrealistic one, with an overpowered player character and stupid, bullet sponge enemies.

Apparently, CDPR chose to remove the stats "Empathy" and "Attractiveness" from the game (or not to put it in the game) which, in my opinion, suggests that this is going to be a very combat focused game and a very lightweight RP game. Yeah, found another reason to ignore it. 😁

Edited by bjornk

Well, I just watched the gameplay footage on CDPR's channel and I have to say the game is visually awesome.  My only real critiques are the lack of 3rd person and the lip-syncing was noticeably off a few times.  Those are my nitpicks more than anything else.  I'm gonna recant my 'not gonna buy it' with 'I will eventually buy it'.  The shooting mechanics look fine to me and the NPCS were effectively using cover.  And CP2077 looks better than anything fuck-tard EA or Bethesda can muster.  Based on what I've seen so far CP2077 is worth a $60.00 sticker price.

8 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Well, I just watched the gameplay footage on CDPR's channel and I have to say the game is visually awesome.  My only real critiques are the lack of 3rd person and the lip-syncing was noticeably off a few times.  Those are my nitpicks more than anything else.  I'm gonna recant my 'not gonna buy it' with 'I will eventually buy it'.  The shooting mechanics look fine to me and the NPCS were effectively using cover.  And CP2077 looks better than anything fuck-tard EA or Bethesda can muster.  Based on what I've seen so far CP2077 is worth a $60.00 sticker price.

They are also still working on it. with no release date mentioned so who knows how many of those issues will be resolved before then.

as for Bethesda... give me a year of solid working on how to build mods and game stuff and would likely be better than what Bethesda could muster... lol. (not really but ... )

@ritualclarityI don't know why you keep posting that video, but I've finally watched it and still don't see why it's even relevant. Please, don't make me watch stupid videos made by stupid Millenials and especially by console peasants.

I'm neither a CDPR or a Cyberpunk 2020 fanboy, not even particularly interested in the Cyberpunk genre. I have very particular expectations from RPGs and when a game doesn't meet those, it's simply not for me. I know CDPR did a decent job with TW3, but it was a game I never interested in, and I hoped that CP2077 would be the game for me, but apparently I was wrong. I still post in this thread simply out of disappointment, and I'm pretty sure after a while I'll stop caring about it, like I did for TW3. Whether or not it'll be another decent game from CDPR is irrelevant for me, as there are many decent games out there and I haven't got the slightest interest in them.

Edited by bjornk

I forgot about my posting of this video... So for that I am sorry. Easy enough to fix... (deleted)

If you aren't interested in the game... then why continue posting on a thread discussing it? Especially if you are upset by it.

I wasn't a rabid  of Witcher III however, I did spend some hours playing it and had some good times. (221 hrs) I was very pissed off and upset with Bethesda and Fallout 4 but spend 322 hours playing it and had a few good times (now that mods are decent enough to fix many of their glaring issues )  To put it in perspective I have 1000 or more  hours on most any other game I really like. (or has great mods ;)

As much as I was really angry at the company (more so myself now) I am not going to get so bent out of shape as it to effect me in any serious way.  (I didn't learn my lesson until MEA ;))  I am concerned with the game, where it is going and what it will be in it's final release.

I am not making you do anything...

6 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

If you aren't interested in the game... then why continue posting on a thread discussing it? Especially if you are upset by it.

6 hours ago, bjornk said:

I still post in this thread simply out of disappointment, and I'm pretty sure after a while I'll stop caring about it, like I did for TW3.

6 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

I am not making you do anything...

When someone quotes me twice and posts the same video as a reply, it makes me think that they really want me to watch it for a particular reason, and I watch it out of respect. But you're right, won't do it next time.

Edited by bjornk

14 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

SJWs or the feminists would probably want equality in the depiction of their gender, therefore they wouldn't like the idea of female boobs being blurred while the male character gets no such treatment, and I'd have to agree with them on that. Also, only after a few minutes in the game, journalists would see naked boobs anyway, if that was the main concern. So instead of censoring the parts, they could have simply given them some underwear like everyone else does, so that no one would be "derailing" the presentation.

I think there are some stuff in that video that could trigger SJWs but probably for different reasons. For instance, they'd probably question why the guy was naked and the player character wasn't when they woke up in bed. That's definitely a "justice" issue and I'd have to agree with them again. 😅

In my opinion, it's more likely that they were trying to avoid a backlash from the conservative right wing... or from their parents... or simply can't decide how far they should go... or knowing that they like to troll people, they probably consciously censored the boobs and the genitals as a "tease", as in "Don't worry, you'll be able to see boobs and dicks in the full game!"...

14 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

If there's not going to be a 3rd person camera option then I'm not buying the game.

10 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

I'm gonna recant my 'not gonna buy it' with 'I will eventually buy it'.

Judging by what you did when Fallout 4 was released, you'll probably pre-order this one. 😂

Edited by bjornk

4 hours ago, bjornk said:

When someone quotes me twice and posts the same video as a reply, it makes me think that they really want me to watch it for a particular reason, and I watch it out of respect. But you're right, won't do it next time.

I mentioned first that I didn't realize I used the same video twice.

10 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

I forgot about my posting of this video... So for that I am sorry. Easy enough to fix... (deleted) 

I was very tired from not sleeping well for a few days.  I corrected that issue and apologized for it.

You pulled all the quotes but the one where I acknowledged that I made a mistake, corrected it and apologized for it. and still hostile?

4 hours ago, bjornk said:

But you're right, won't do it next time.

Wow... After acknowledging, correcting the issue and apologizing on the thread in public, I don't feel I still need that level of hostility but whatever.

37 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Wow... After acknowledging, correcting the issue and apologizing on the thread in public, I don't feel I still need that level of hostility but whatever.

There was nothing to apologize for and I was only resentful, not hostile.

Edited by bjornk

6 hours ago, bjornk said:

SJWs or the feminists would probably want equality in the depiction of their gender...

SJWs are already questioning why there isn't a gender-fluid body model and why the game isn't using the non-binary 'they-them-ze-zer' preferred pronouns.  Some reporter from Eurogamer started that dumpster fire during an interview with a CDPR lead dev.

27 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

SJWs are already questioning why there isn't a gender-fluid body model and why the game isn't using the non-binary 'they-them-ze-zer' preferred pronouns.  Some reporter from Eurogamer started that dumpster fire during an interview with a CDPR lead dev.

40104942_1702572256528600_19368932195644

I just saw some screenshots of a CP thread in a forum called resetera or something. Apparently some snowflakes were offended by the use of "pussy" and "cocksucker". There was a ban-fest for anyone who disagrees even so slightly. I wouldn't go there and look if I were you, it was depressing. 😂

Spoiler

https://abload.de/img/cyberpunk-pussygate1byceb.png
https://abload.de/img/cyberpunk-pussygate2hwck0.png

Edited by bjornk

51 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Cyberpunk 2020 had gender fluidity in it?

No, it didn't.  The 'gender is a social construct' stupidity wasn't a thing until around 2014-2015.  Think about it, back in the 1980's big-name RPGs didn't address sexuality because it had nothing to do with core game mechanics.  Controversy like that was avoided.

7 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

No, it didn't.  The 'gender is a social construct' stupidity wasn't a thing until around 2014-2015.  Think about it, back in the 1980's big-name RPGs didn't address sexuality because it had nothing to do with core game mechanics.  Controversy like that was avoided.

That is the reason I was surprised when it was mentioned that there was this in the game. 

If that is the case, then there will very likely at least be a character or two with that in the game. However, based on the writing they did for Witcher III which had a cross dresser and such, the characters won't be forced (created just to be there to click a box) and be fully developed. If that is done, then I can enjoy it. I hope they do continue with their crafting unique characters... (the preview does show some care in this regard)

Wild cards was an RPG (not major but had a following ) which had really mature content (sexuality and such) that mirrored the book where anything could happen. (mentions a transformation /mutation of a person from a male to a beautiful female but still had their penis.. lol. It was a story in the story ... among other sometimes very distributing. content) It was edited by George RR Martin. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Cards

we all know the content he can create.. :D  Unlike the SJW crap.. if something is there. ... chances are it is fully fleshed out with a meaning and a purpose. :D

https://greenronin.com/blog/2008/08/29/wild_cards_returns_to_roleplay/

With all the talk about Marvel and DC I actually prefer Wild Cards universe :P  I read the books (what was available ) in the late 80's and I don't really read books.... ;)

If game developers allow the LGBT people to have their mental disorders accepted and depicted in games as a norm, before you know it, poop and diaper fetishists will turn up and demand something from them and they'll have every fucking right to do so. I'm not sure that'd be a good time to work in gaming industry...

Edit: Looks like CDPR is already one step ahead of everyone else when it comes to "gender fluidity"...😅

Spoiler

3ff876fc5443a68c5b222c0998915a45bb781a5c

By the way, noticed the name of the place behind her, I mean him? "Tom's Diner" Not sure whose idea it was, or was it intentional, but I wouldn't be surprised if they've filled the game with stupid pop culture references from the 80's, like Fallout 2 did.

20 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

'gender is a social construct' stupidity

We have male and female jacks (plugs) in electrics/electronics, I wonder how a "gender fluid" stereo jack would look like... Can't imagine... but it would probably be totally useless...

Edited by bjornk

Watching the video again and the established personality of the PC really makes me question how this is going to be an "RPG". She pretty much does all the talking on her own and the game seems to take your input only if a decision needs to be made, you're presented with a few dialogue options pretty much like the shortened and misleading dialogues of FO4, TW3 or any other stupid game with a dialogue wheel, in other words, you choose something and PC says something along those lines if you're lucky, but still not quite what you chose.

I think I'll dump every annoying thing I've found in the video in this post...

At some point, the narrator says something like "since CP2077 is an RPG preparation will be key when dealing with powerful people". What the fuck being an RPG has to do with that? Shouldn't an RPG accommodate options both prepared and unprepared approaches for things for goddamn "role playing" purposes? Looks like this game's approach to "role-playing" will be just as terrible as TW.

Edited by bjornk

While CP2077 fanboys (and girls) are getting more and more hyped about the game, I try to read between the lines and the info they've dug up basically confirms my suspicions about the game.

Some developer quotes taken from the video above...

"The entire game is playable from start to finish"

"Seeing the story come together is a critical step in the development"

So the game is basically "a story" and has one or more predefined endings, like TW. In other words, this isn't a sandbox game in which you can do whatever you want, instead, it only allows you to choose your path to one of its endings. This suggests that every cutscene in it will be specially crafted and will not be reused, which means the amount of time you'll be seeing your character in the game will be limited, as it's going to be a FPP game. Another result of having a story is that you will always be presented with a very limited amount of options in the game because you'll have to pick one of the existing paths that goes along with the story, you can't create a path of your own.

TLDR, this is basically a first person only "The Witcher", with "cyber" guns and "cyber" magic, in which you can play a female witcher. It's got some simple cosmetic character customization, which seems pointless to me. Will probably be similar to Deus Ex like people say.

TBH, I couldn't even watch Deus Ex LP's without falling asleep...

Edited by bjornk

Yeah, I expected it to have a scripted Witcher type ending.  Bethesda does the same thing though and on a limited scale.  Factually most games I've played do it.  Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption, FO3, GOW4, and so on.  I don't think there's any getting away from it if the game is story driven.  Games today are like interactive books or movies; you're going from point A to point B with distractions along the way.

I'm not pumped for ANY game these days.  I think I'm too jaded to get excited.

8 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Games today are like interactive books or movies; you're going from point A to point B with distractions along the way.

Absolutely, and that's probably why game-play is of secondary importance in many games today. There are of course games that do the opposite. Usually indie games, for obvious reasons. Shitty game-play is not something they can afford. Mount&Blade series is one such example I can think of. Fun game-play, but no story.

23 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

I'm not pumped for ANY game these days.  I think I'm too jaded to get excited.

Same here, I still look for some innovation in games though, something that would get me excited and that's still nowhere to be found, sadly.

54 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Looks like the old mass effect game. except first person.  Good, but only so many ways you can play it.

Yes, only so many times you can go through the same story. Mass Effect is a good example. I could only finish it twice, once with an adept character and then a soldier, but I had prepared characters for all classes and had planned to finish the game once with each class. Never happened. Once you've played the entire game and finished it, playing it a second time starts to feel like a chore really, very little left to explore, not much mystery left to discover...