Sign in to follow this  

Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion, News etc.

42 minutes ago, bjornk said:

Yes, only so many times you can go through the same story. Mass Effect is a good example. I could only finish it twice, once with an adept character and then a soldier, but I had prepared characters for all classes and had planned to finish the game once with each class. Never happened. Once you've played the entire game and finished it, playing it a second time starts to feel like a chore really, very little left to explore, not much mystery left to discover...

I played mass effect many times again and again.. however, Ihad to take a great amount of time between the play thorughs for some of them. :D  Kind of like I do with Witcher (just more so with ME1)

Yeah, you have to take a looong break to basically reset your brain and then wait for that nostalgic feeling to take over your body. Only then you'll have enough strength for one more playthrough. :D

I LOVE Witcher3 but honestly there was only enough enthusiasm in me to play it 3 times.  The first was discovery/new game fascination.  The second was Geralt the Good Guy with light armor and maxed alchemy.  The third was Geralt The Bastard with heavy armor and maxed spells.  BUT I can honestly say each play through was very different, aside from key game elements and dialogue to advance the story.  I was never bored, put it that way.  IF I can get that much mileage out of CP2077 then I'll buy it once all of the DLCs and patches are out.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

I LOVE Witcher3 but honestly there was only enough enthusiasm in me to play it 3 times.  The first was discovery/new game fascination.  The second was Geralt the Good Guy with light armor and maxed alchemy.  The third was Geralt The Bastard with heavy armor and maxed spells.  BUT I can honestly say each play through was very different, aside from key game elements and dialogue to advance the story.  I was never bored, put it that way.  IF I can get that much mileage out of CP2077 then I'll buy it once all of the DLCs and patches are out.

Yea... a game that gives that much play is worth buying and not waiting for bargain bin pricing... :D  I am waiting for actual game play (final game play) and real reviews from members of the gaming community.. .before I make any judgements.

Well, I currently have no interest in playing it, so I won't buy it, won't even pirate it, period. Simply because it doesn't really meet my standards as an RPG. Not interested in its story, its FPS game play mechanics, or its limited character customization. Since they won't add a TPP option and an extensive out of the box AO content is extremely unlikely, plus judging by its predecessor's highly limited moddability, I won't be buying it as a "DIY pron simulator" either. I will probably watch a LP if I live that long and that's about it. :)

1 hour ago, bjornk said:

Well, I currently have no interest in playing it, so I won't buy it, won't even pirate it, period. Simply because it doesn't really meet my standards as an RPG. Not interested in its story, its FPS game play mechanics, or its limited character customization. Since they won't add a TPP option and an extensive out of the box AO content is extremely unlikely, plus judging by its predecessor's highly limited moddability, I won't be buying it as a "DIY pron simulator" either. I will probably watch a LP if I live that long and that's about it. :)

Eventually this guy will do a cinematic movie out of the cut scenes.  It will probably be good.  Watch that when it comes out if you want the experience.^_^

On 9/4/2018 at 12:46 AM, Kendo 2 said:

Eventually this guy will do a cinematic movie out of the cut scenes.  It will probably be good.  Watch that when it comes out if you want the experience.^_^

I actually enjoyed many of the cut scenes inWitcher. :D Unlike most other games ;)

1 hour ago, ritualclarity said:

Hey @Kendo 2 you wouldn't happen to speak Polish .. :P  because ^ lol

I just Tweeted them to ask if it's a requirement.

• Like 1

You might still find a game among those cutscenes... if not, might still be worth "watching"... but I'm not paying any more than 10 bucks for this.

32 minutes ago, bjornk said:

You might still find a game among those cutscenes... if not, might still be worth "watching"... but I'm not paying any more than 10 bucks for this.

I watched a movie made out of Witcher3 cutscenes on youtube and it was better than anything on TV at the time, aside from Taboo.

I don't watch TV anymore, because if you want to watch something "decent", not only it costs you extra but it's always censored. Fuck that.

19 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

👏

Submitted my resume this morning.  Doubt I'll get it but it's a nice fantasy.  Dream job and all that.

• Agree 1