Support Thread for: A Naughty and Immersive Skyrim

Anatriax

First, a big thank you for putting together this guide.  

Onto the request:  DynDOLOD has been updated 2.21, and now includes a "core files" resources download that is separate from the main file.  The patch file is still separate.  I tried following the begalund's workaround, but it's no longer applicable with the update.  Any advice on how to proceed with the new DynDOLOD?

Thanks!

On 11/20/2016 at 6:29 PM, whoooooopi said:

First, a big thank you for putting together this guide.  

Onto the request:  DynDOLOD has been updated 2.21, and now includes a "core files" resources download that is separate from the main file.  The patch file is still separate.  I tried following the begalund's workaround, but it's no longer applicable with the update.  Any advice on how to proceed with the new DynDOLOD?

Thanks!

She isn't active here. Barring someone that is using this system and has updated you might have to experiment yourself. Just make sure your MO folder is nice an backed up and you are able to restore if something goes wrong (your game) and have at it. If you find a nice update procedure that works for you.. and you are willing It will be appreciated if you post that info back here.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we update the guide per this: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1263324/gpu-memory-allocation-limit-on-directx9-windows-8

Boris (the ENBSeries guy) has mentioned in a few places now that people running Windows 8 and above (including Windows 10) will not be able to use the same strategy that Phase 3 uses to calculate the value for VideoMemorySizeMb.  Instead, the STEP folks have started recommending using the DX9 version of http://enbdev.com/download_vramsizetest.htm to figure out the true value.  It caps out at 4064 MB no matter how much VRAM and System RAM you have.

7 hours ago, tacodude1337 said:

Can we update the guide per this: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1263324/gpu-memory-allocation-limit-on-directx9-windows-8

Boris (the ENBSeries guy) has mentioned in a few places now that people running Windows 8 and above (including Windows 10) will not be able to use the same strategy that Phase 3 uses to calculate the value for VideoMemorySizeMb.  Instead, the STEP folks have started recommending using the DX9 version of http://enbdev.com/download_vramsizetest.htm to figure out the true value.  It caps out at 4064 MB no matter how much VRAM and System RAM you have.

Sure if you or someone here wishes to make amendments I am authorized to add them to the tutorial. Currently, the OP isn't active and this likely won't be updated anytime soon. Write the update nice and brief and clear and get some approvals (testing from others) and I will add it to the OP as needed. Need to be sure of the updates to be sure it works properly before adding it to her works of course.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't started the guide yet...but ....(gets on his knee's with arms stretched to the sky as he bows down to the floor over and over again saying.."Where not worthy, Where Not Worthy")...you are one of the first i have seen that actually shows what to do step by step for anything from noobs of modding to the pros...thank you