Sign in to follow this  
Doublezero

The Electronic Arts thread

Ok, thiis is just wrong. Am I the only person that sees that?

When I opened my Origin, thinking about playing a game (Witcher or Sims 4 etc) I saw an advertisment from EA/Origin to download someone. I was curious.. so I checked it out.

Example below.

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.4602799ffc910a74621b05c9b24f0abe.PNG

I was wondering who this person was. Not knowing I checked on google.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maddie_Ziegler

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.6e5a868c31de36139ff6cc8badd4fc69.PNG

It ends up being a 15 year old that dances. A 15 YEAR OLD which can have a OFFICIAL LIKENESS ADVERTISED BY EA/ORIGIN AS HER TO DOWNLOAD. WTF? Not a character that she played, but the actual intended representation of her.

Am I wrong in thinking this is so very wrong to do? That EA is in effect exploiting a child/teen using an official likeness of her for a game.

I don't see anything wrong with it since she's a public figure.  Just add her to the list that includes Jessica Alba, Meagan Fox, Scarlett Johansson, etc.  As for her being a minor, the Sims community is full of flaky people.  What is weird to me is that the official Maxis account uploaded and then recommended it.  That's just 'creepy'.

16 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

What is weird to me is that the official Maxis account uploaded and then recommended it.  That's just 'creepy'.

Yes, that was the creepy part. I understand if some fan did this but it is from the official Maxis account. Very creepy.

Not concerned with adults like Jessica Alba (and her 50 editions or so you can find on Nexus lol) or Megan Fox, Scarlett Johnson or some of the Males like Van Deciel etc, etc. There are plenty on the Sims site of those. However, funny that they are created by fans ;) not the official Maxis account (at least not that I seen)

Funny thought I had about these celebrities (Not the girl, that is too creeepy ;)) I thought if I could find enough to populate the game... I would have a play through with celebrities... lol Not sure if there are enough to do so for a town.

OH...MY...GOD...

Anita-fucking-Sarkeesian goes to the Bioware studios and they let her in...and apparently they're listening to what she has to say.

Here's the article I read.

Whatever shred of credibility EA's Bioware had left, they just wiped their asses with it.

• Like 3

Considering realBioware is already dead and buried I am not as concerned about this as that BF2 sold 10 mln copies.  It's a big fall from 14 mln of BF1 but 10 mln is still a lot.  No wonder EA has no qualm of announcing that they will bring MTX back.  Gamers get the games they deserved.

11 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

OH...MY...GOD...

Anita-fucking-Sarkeesian goes to the Bioware studios and they let her in...and apparently they're listening to what she has to say.

Here's the article I read.

Whatever shred of credibility EA's Bioware had left, they just wiped their asses with it.

There goes any hope of a decent game at all now. They keep on doing stupid things, writing stupid games and catering to minority groups because of some political agenda they have. Combined with greed from uptop so that the investors can reap $$$$ and not pay or develop decent games, the entire cooperation is doomed.

For devs... (EA)

Want $$$? It is easy. Stop the bullshit. Create great games. Mature rated  games can offend others,  companies have done this and been extremely successful at it. If you haven't fucked up and gotten rid of or brain washed those talented individuals from great companies that you absorbed, use them, listen to them and let them take a lead on a game. Just one fucking game and see if it works. Kick the CEOs and such out of the damn dev department micro managing the game development and let those devs do their damn jobs. Instead offer bonuses for profit margins to them (to offset the slavery and 100 hour weeks that are needed to polish up the game for the insane release date scheduled), or better yet just let the game develop normally using normal process and then release a FULLY COMPLETED GAME. 

It is a complex task, scary as well. I understand. However, the process in itself isn't that difficult. The main problems that have plagued EA isn't the game, but what they have forced into it. SJW content, Micro-transactions to the greatest extreme. (people even stated they don't mind some cosmetic options and some even like those options. Just don't FUCKING MAKE IT NECESSARY TO BE SUCCESSFUL!  Also post the odds if there is a gambling feature. Not hard. Hint, people will still play it. Some will be very actively play it. ;) ) Instead of forcing the SJW content, use the time and money for that into deepening the story, secondary quest/missions, environmental effects and other features. Finally, when a game is successful, DON'T FUCKING CHANGE THE FORMULA. I know you want to spice things up... instead add a feature or such to the game (each new release if fully baked) to see if it is also favored by the CORE FANS. here is the reason. The games CORE FANS will shell out shit tons of money for their game. They are the ones that will shell out $$$ for pre-releases, cosmetic micro transactions and yes, even gamble on other non-essential upgrades as well)  if only you give them a reason to trust you(developer) will deliver on what they expected in the game. Not hard. Not hard at all. Sure it will cut a few dollars off the bottom line at the start, however, consistent cash, positive community reception, pre-purchasing confidence, product advocacy will in time, give you (the dev) what you want and more.

Well Anthem is DOA. Not that I thought it would be any good anyway. Anyone want to bet that this game will sell less than Andromeda? Hell, has EA even provided sales figures for Andromeda? xD