Fallout 76

The Bethesda fanbase is shit to begin with.  Add to that griefers with their parents' credit card and NO. FUCKING. THANKS.

And how does Bethesda think they can break into an already saturated MMO market?  Do they think they can drag single player fans of their games into it?  How do safe-space crybabies do in MMOs; and Bethesda fans are the biggest scrub-lord pussies in gaming.  Plus MMO players are demanding, especially when it comes to servers; and Bethesda doesn't have servers since they proved that with ESO.

Fallout 76 = zero fucks given.

The fuck if I care if they make a MMO out of a Fallout game.  Zero care.

I do care that they are fucking round and not coming out and saying it. If they want a MMO, Pug whatever shit, go for it... stop trying to fucking say it is something it isn't and don't be stupid and try to be "everything" to everybody because you will fuck up... not might, you will fuck up Bethesda.

As Kendo stated, the main fans of the Fallout franchise aren't MMO players. Same for the TES franchise. (as proven by the ESO game) Trying to bring them into the MMO game by lying and trickery and double speak and / or adding MMO elements and shit to a classic fallout game will only fuck up things even worse.

The more talk and the closer the game gets to release the more of a turd it looks like. This is a serious issue. Before at least Fallout 4 looked good, hooked a few fans on it and got some interest because it looked great (at first glance etc) If it looks this much like a turd now... how big of one is it actually? Following the previous hype machine and info and then seeing reality... (being much worse than advertised and each release worse and worse) Now that Fallout 75 looks like complete shit and info shows it is likely complete shit... how much worse can it be? I smell something along the lines of being more epic shit tastic then Mass Effect Andromeda! If that is the case... they had to really work at fucking the game up to make it that bad. 

I'll never buy another Bethesda game so my opinion means squat.  ANYWAY, there's some really fishy things going on with FO76.

Todd Howard and Pete Hines are both saying there won't be PVP and lots of Youtube fanboys are parroting this.  And according to Howard/Hines there won't be any human NPCs.  So if there aren't human NPCs and there isn't any PVP then who the fuck are the humans getting shot in the demo videos?

There won't be any microtransactions in FO76.  So what they're saying is that a year from now there won't be loot boxes new players can buy to get them up to speed with other players.  ESO has microtransactions, btw.

One of the key features in the game will be getting nuclear launch codes so the layers can NUKE THE GAME WORLD to get better loot drops.  That flies in the face of what Fallout is.  Something else; Fallout has always been about the single player exploring the world.  Courier/Lone Wanderer/Sole Survivor/etc.

FO4 always seemed a little 'off' to me with the base building, shallow quests and so on.  Now I'm beginning to believe FO4 was testing ground for what Bethesda really wanted to do with Fallout; turn it into an online shooter game-as-a-service.

IMO, Bethesda needs a wake-up call like what happened to LucasFilms and StarWars, or EA and ME: Andromeda.

I'll never buy another Bethesda game so my opinion means squat.  ANYWAY, there's some really fishy things going on with FO76.

Your opinion on a game is still valid even if you will never buy it. In fact, it might even be more so. Also, I agree there is something stinky going up at Bethesda Headquaters

Todd Howard and Pete Hines are both saying there won't be PVP and lots of Youtube fanboys are parroting this.  And according to Howard/Hines there won't be any human NPCs.  So if there aren't human NPCs and there isn't any PVP then who the fuck are the humans getting shot in the demo videos?

I believe they don't even know what the fuck is in the game yet either.

There won't be any microtransactions in FO76.  So what they're saying is that a year from now there won't be loot boxes new players can buy to get them up to speed with other players.  ESO has microtransactions, btw.

They WILL MONETIZE SOMETHING however, they will call it something different or use some loophole or something.  Perhaps the Creation Crap ...ur Club will be what they use to make the money.  I have no doubt they will.

One of the key features in the game will be getting nuclear launch codes so the layers can NUKE THE GAME WORLD to get better loot drops.  That flies in the face of what Fallout is.  Something else; Fallout has always been about the single player exploring the world.  Courier/Lone Wanderer/Sole Survivor/etc.

They (Bethesda) is far from what Fallout is for a long time... slowly tearing away what the original creators designed to make it something else. This is just one more step.

FO4 always seemed a little 'off' to me with the base building, shallow quests and so on.  Now I'm beginning to believe FO4 was testing ground for what Bethesda really wanted to do with Fallout; turn it into an online shooter game-as-a-service.

I think Fallout NV was the starting point after the realized that there is some cash to be gotten from seeing what Fallout 3 pulled in. Likely before that, they didn't consider that franchise they gotten from the acquisition of Black Isle Studios (I believe it was that company) was worth much. Wasn't until some other company fleshed it out and made it a 3d game added a new features (VAts) and other things that they realized this could be a good cash cow.

All game companies are wanting to turn their franchise into a service. Sad thing is they all suck at doing so. They go against their fans wishes, develop shit that many don't like and go in directions that aren't making much sense. Instead, they should be bring their core fans into the process, develop things that are desired, features that are wanted, and then move into more service options. Game "services" aren't bad, it is the companies greed /money grab and cheap tricks that make it bad.

IMO, Bethesda needs a wake-up call like what happened to LucasFilms and StarWars, or EA and ME: Andromeda. 

I disagree, I believe they need to have their asses bought out by a company that will respect their IP's and create future games that cater to their core fan base and respect their customers. Either that or get so fucked over they have to sell some of their IPs (Fallout / Skyrim ) to another company to develop the next games. (like Fallout 3 ;) ) ... baring that, anything that gets Fallout and TES from them before they totally FUCKUP THOSE IP'S LIKE THEY DID WITH MASS EFFECT!  Fallout 76 might just be Fallout's equivalent to MEA. :(

In one of the E3 interviews Todd Howard says that you'll always see other players no matter what. If there's no PVP or the game has a level restricted PVP, then it means there will be unkillable players trolling other people. In other words, you'll be stalked by 12-year olds or worse, while you try to build your base or whatever you're supposed to doing... Can you imagine? And then they will introduce a player blocking feature which will make the blocked users invisible and so on... Typical incompetent developer that we all HATE... :D

I also won't ever buy a Bethesda game again, not because they are incompetent, but because they are people with a really fucked up morals...

BTW, I've played FOnline Reloaded for quite a while, so I know how playing an online Fallout game feels like... And good luck playing it with a female character... "Hey, are you a real girl?"... "Of course, I'm a real G.I.R.L."... "Why don't you come to my tent? I want to show you something!"... "Err.. right, maybe later..."

Edited by bjornk

Said it before, the Bethesda fanbase is nothing but twinks, soyboys and SJW faggots now.  Regular human beings are a thing of the past; just look at Nexus and LL for proof of life.  There isn't any.

Something else that's really OFF about FO76 is that if you die you get to keep your gear when you respawn.  If FO76 is a survival shooter then why the fuck isn't there a penalty for dying?  Players can just button mash and kamikaze charge every enemy since they won't suffer for it.

1 hour ago, bjornk said:

BTW, I've played FOnline Reloaded for quite a while, so I know how playing an online Fallout game feels like... And good luck playing it with a female character... "Hey, are you a real girl?"... "Of course, I'm a real G.I.R.L."... "Why don't you come to my tent? I want to show you something!"... "Err.. right, maybe later..."

Yeah, that's creepy as fuck.

2 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Yeah, that's creepy as fuck.

And that happened within the first few minutes after creating the character and started playing and then things got worse... There are a lot of creeps playing that game. :) Some games attract the most obnoxious people for some reason...

More inconsistencies coming out of Bethesda about what FO76 will be.  For all of their talk about not allowing griefers and other typical PVP bullshit they have nothing in place to prevent it.  The servers will be public; that means you have no control over who you share the map with.  According the Todd The Liar Howard private servers will 'eventually come', but they won't be in place at launch.

There is supposed to be a revenge system like in GTA.  If there's not going to be PVP focus and there's the hollow promise of no griefers then why the fuck is there a revenge system?  There's also supposed to be a challenge system.  Again, that's a PVP thing and fucking pointless if there's a revenge system as well.  Do the assholes at Bethesda even know what an MMO is?

Also, Pete Hines and Todd Howard are spitting out word salad about 'solo' game play.  They are hoping people mistake that as single player.  Solo play is NOT single player, since the servers are public and again any douche bag can share the map with you.  It's like WoW.  I can do single raids, but other players are there.

And typical of Bethesda fanbois they aren't looking at this critically.  They're all praising FO76 and squealing like a bunch of faggots who've just found out Rupaul's Drag Race is getting another season.

• Like 1

private servers will 'eventually come',

well, guess we will "eventually" buy the game.

(when we accidentally get it in one of those purchases which contain double digit game titles that Steam sometimes sells. You know, those games that nobody really likes but you can't pass up such a collection because it is less than 5 dollars for like 10 games. ;) )

• 4 weeks later...

That's actually hilarious.  ESO to this day still has broken servers and a bugged lobby.

The bigger implications for what FO76 portends have already been building up.  Safe bet that in the future Bethesda games will only be available on Bethesda.net; online only, connected to their launcher, no mods unless you get them from the Creation Club and so on.  Say goodnight to the Nexus business model if/when that happens.  Dork0ne will have to get a man's job.

• Agree 1

Also very likely that rummor that they will have private servers will not come to pass as well. Maybe not for 76 but for the future, more than likely. The would want to put the game under their control as much as possible. Too much chance with a private server someone might put unofficial mods in them. (allow them)  At least as I understand it. lol

Looks like you'll get a random pack of "perk cards" and a chewing gum when you level up... Even leveling up now involves gambling. 💩

By the way, the perks, I mean, the perk cards are interchangeable, you can swap them up with something else later on. So, you no longer have to live with decisions you made earlier in the game. Fantastic isn't it? Just the type of thing the Millienial fans of crappy Beth games would like...

I suppose all that was expected after the lunchboxes and shit in Fallout Shelter.

Edited by bjornk

Looks like you'll get a random pack of "perk cards" and a chewing gum when you level up... Even leveling up now involves gambling. 💩

Actually that sounds interesting. The key is they are giving you the perk cards... not selling them.. at least not according to your statement. Even if they were.. .and they sold specific ones (not gambling) that would be ok... provided the odds were equal and fair that you could get any of the sold ones for free during a level up. The issue I had with EA is you PAID then you would get random equipment etc. There wasn't an option to outright buy what you wanted. It is one thing if you pay a dollar and have a chance to get something that is on the top teir (fair odds) but quite another if you pay 5 dollars and have a great chance of only getting some stupid skin or something.

1 hour ago, bjornk said:

By the way, the perks, I mean, the perk cards are interchangeable, you can swap them up with something else later on. So, you no longer have to live with decisions you made earlier in the game. Fantastic isn't it? Just the type of thing the Millienial fans of crappy Beth games would like...

Actually if they are giving you random perk cards. it makes sense that you should be able to swap them out later. Would be nice if you could save them somewhere for another character..(exchange them with other characters) to give you options as you play the game (adding hours)

I suppose all that was expected after the lunchboxes and shit in Fallout Shelter. 

I expected worse... actually expect worse.

• 1 month later...