Fallout 76

I always gave Howard the benefit of doubt until his sales spiel for FO76.  He was pushing the limit with 'dynamic snow' in Skyrim but that is 'technically' possible; simple mesh swap like it's done for ash and goo piles in FO3.  BUT that would have to be done for every static object in the cell.  Hello game crash.  That feature not being in Skyrim was a gimme for Bethesda.

BUT when Todd Howard stood on stage at E3 and said FO76 had new lighting and landscape technology (using the Creation Engine) I knew immediately he was lying.  And he said that shit with confidence, knowing that NO ONE will ever challenge him on it.  He's a flim-flam bullshit artist and a liar.

If you think about it, there's no NPCs in 76 because Fallout 4 had a bad dialogue system and terrible dialogue lines. So the solution for that in 76 was to replace human NPCs with terminals and holotapes. That's the real excuse behind 76 and this idea of exiting the vault only to find everyone in Virginia dead.

Edited by endgameaddiction

Todd has become a hate figure as the face of BGS, perhaps deservedly so, due to his lies, but he doesn't make these games on his own. He doesn't even seem to have a vision to enforce, as we know that he gets the ideas from others through mods, game jams and such. The incompetence of BGS is due to its employees who actually work on these games and shitty marketing decisions come from the upper management. I'm not trying to defend Todd, but it's annoying that everyone else who work in BGS can get away with this shit without getting blamed for it.

Edited by bjornk

I fully understand your point... However, I have a different view about this which should cover those slacking workers that didn't do their jobs properly.

Spoiler

The management team from mid level to the top is responsible for the quality of the work their employees give the customer. They are the people that are in charge to make the changes, directions, and assurances that a properly trained and skilled person is doing the work properly. 

Todd Howard is currently the director and executive producer at Bethesda Game Studios. He is the one that is the last stop on a project before it is released and the first person to address the level of issues being present in any game released under his direction.

Todd is the person that should be assuring the proper people are in place and they are doing their jobs from top down. If not he is ether incompetent, lazy or part of the problem.

An example of a upper manager... catching someone that is an idiot on the job. (not directly related but... the close I can come up with) time 1:03

Also an awesome and classic movie :D

Spoiler

Pete and Todd are paid to lie. Especially Pete. That's his job. He did it very well with FO4 and people fell for the bait with the Season Pass. And I woudn't be surprised if they do the very same thing with TES6.

I don't pardon the devs because I really don't care about BGS. I don't think Todd or his team has the wits to make a good Fallout game.

Can they do anything right?

Fallout 76's New Ultrawide Mode Comes Under Fire From Players

This week's Fallout 76 patch saw a number of changes roll out for the game, including adding ultrawide screen resolution support. However, players on Reddit have discovered that the new ultrawide mode appears to be nothing more than a modification to the INI file, meaning that 16:9 aspect ratio has been stretched to meet the wider resolution, rather than being a true 21:9 display.

The result is that, while the game appears to render correctly in 21:9, the UI doesn't adjust accordingly, stretching unnaturally.

Redditor AbheekG took screenshots of the game's ultrawide mode comparing it to unoffical ultrawide mods for both Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, commenting that, "A modder without access to the source code did what Bethesda didn't in a whole month!"

A number of other commentors in the thread have experienced the same result after the patch.

The unofficial workaround to get the game to support ultrawide resolutions by simply editing a line of code in the INI files has been around since launch, so players aren't too happy that the official 21:9 resolution support is nothing more than a stretched version of the 16:9 display.

Patch 1.0.3.10 also added a number of fixes, including a bug in the Feed the People event quest, which has seen players asking the developer to roll back the fix. The bugged version resulted in a server-wide reward of Canned Meat Stew regardless of player participation in the event. Since the update, players have taken to Reddit asking Bethesda to "unfix the Feed The People event."

Bethesda has said it may drop one more patch before the end of the year, before it shifts its focus to 2019 updates, which will include new content for the game, as well as "many additional bug fixes, and more changes" based on player feedback.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/12/fallout-76s-new-ultrawide-mode-comes-under-fire-from-players

“Bethesda has said it may drop one more patch before the end of the year, before it shifts its focus to 2019 updates, which will include new content for the game, as well as "many additional bug fixes, and more changes" based on player feedback.”

Translation: ‘Okay, we’ll patch it one more time but if you want anymore fixes you’ll have to pay for them, since we’ll only include future patches with DLCs.’

I had a funny thought last night.  If Bethesda is bad now, what will it be when Todd Howard is replaced with a woke Millennial?

5 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

If Bethesda is bad now, what will it be when Todd Howard is replaced with a woke Millennial?

They'll most likely sell DIY games, in which you have to buy NPCs, critters, items, buildings, AI packages, scripts and all the other necessary assets made by 3rd parties from their online marketplace and then place them into an empty world to create your game.