Fallout 76

Off Topic, but about this video and the part about Creation Club mods. It seems to me that Bethesda is trying to cripple the mod community by releasing a creation club version. Doesn't seem to be working right now, but I'm pretty sure the fanboys are drooling all over it. Especially the console cucks.

I still can't wait for TES6 to roll out. Before it does, I guarantee you there will be an emporium of high quality mods on CC that normally would be made by top modders on Nexus a few years later. This will give Bethesda the upper hand.

Now, all Bethesda has to do is release a crappy half arsed Creation Kit and it will cripple the mod community and put into submission more fans into having to get the real goodies from Creation Club.

If I was Bethesda, that's exactly what I would do. Leave the full Creation Kit version to my CC modders and give the half arsed version that limits creativity to the public.

Edited by endgameaddiction

I doubt Dark0ne is doing any preemptive business model adjustments.  He's not a business man, he's a shopkeeper who inherited a store.

A guaranteed the next Bethesda Elder Scrolls or Fallout will be DRM'd and the only option to mod it will be through a Creation Kit coded to Bethesda.net and the Creation Club.  Say goodbye to nude/adult modding; and without that the game will be on life support.

That was another thought I had. And it would make sense since Bethesda kicked Valve to the curb and no shares in paid mods from Creation Club. Good move on Bethesda cutting out the middle man. Obviously it's going to beneficial for Bethesda in the long run even though right now the ball has just begun to roll with CC.

And it was a given that there is nothing that's going to stop the snow ball from gradually getting bigger and not being able to stop it since their fanbase has given up the fight very quick.

At least I'll give credit to the EA ex fans for still fighting against EA and their shady practices pushing EA to the corner of the ring.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Bethesda yet again fucks with Fallout's lore... Why does Fallout 76, which is a game seems to take place in West Virginia in 2102, have Super Mutants in it?! In the original Fallout, Super Mutants was created by the use of FEV in a facility on the West Coast by Richard Grey who was still a man back in 2102 and hadn't mass produced Super Mutants until almost 30 years later... I've seen some fanboys defending the possibility of it by claiming that Super Mutants existed as early as 2078 in *Vault 87*... except that was another shit added much later by Bethesda! 👎🤬

Edited by bjornk

He definitely has a point... about "slootyness" and Bethesda... 🤣

Unfortunate for him that his channel only has a superficially "slooty" content... Bethesda only invites the actual real life "sloots" to events like that, because they are "family friendly"... The "families" in question here are the ones of Bethesda's shareholders'...

Edited by bjornk

1 hour ago, bjornk said:

Looks like Bethesda yet again fucks with Fallout's lore... Why does Fallout 76, which is a game seems to take place in West Virginia in 2102, have Super Mutants in it?! In the original Fallout, Super Mutants was created by the use of FEV in a facility on the West Coast by Richard Grey who was still a man back in 2102 and hadn't mass produced Super Mutants until almost 30 years later... I've seen some fanboys defending the possibility of it by claiming that Super Mutants existed as early as 2078 in *Vault 87*... except that was another shit added much later by Bethesda! 👎🤬

Bethesda is writing Fallout fan fiction at this point.  Here's the REAL time line for the Fallout universe.

The Boomers are still in a functioning Vault 34, Vault 22 has been opened for over 50 years and the events of Fallout 1 are still 50+ years in the future.  No vertibirds, no super mutants, no jet, no NCR (they're still in Vault 15), no deathclaws, NO NOTHING.  There MIGHT be ghouls and feral ghouls; there MIGHT be giant insects; but that would be IT aside from things like normal-sized animals and a few scattered hives of human scavengers.

Bethesda is a shit company and when the next game comes out and it's Creation Club mods only and nothing else people MIGHT get the fucking hint.  But looking at the base line intelligence of the typical Bethesda sheepeople (looking at you Lover's Lab) I seriously doubt it.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Here's the REAL time line for the Fallout universe.

That's actually what the time line has become today, although it's not necessarily the "original" time line, as it's mixed with the stuff added much later by Bethesda and Obsidian, after Bethesda had acquired the Fallout IP. You need to check the footnotes and references to figure out what was original and what was added later on.

Although the error is still apparent in this "official" time line, despite the later additions...

• October 27: Fallout 76 begins - Vault 76 opens its doors to the wasteland.

• January: The Master discovers the problem with the influence of radiation on his mutations, and he begins to choose his subjects more carefully. The first classic super mutants are born. He begins his plans to build an army.

As anyone can easily see, there can't be "super mutants" in West Virginia in 2102...

Edited by bjornk

I remember a few things about the old (original) Fallout lore that are completely gone now.

• There was a space station orbiting Earth and the Enclave knew about it.  It had nuclear war heads on it and that's what they wanted.
  • The last samples of FEV and all of the research for it was destroyed at Navarro.

Probably other stuff too but it's like I'm having a Mandela Effect moment; so much shit is getting rewritten or flat out expunged from the lore.

I try not to rely on wikis and such that are usually written by the Millenials nowadays, who most likely never even played the original games. I just sometimes refer to them to double check whether or not what I remember from the original games is actually true. I just saw a video today about Fallout 76 titled as "Classic Fallout Fan's Guide" which didn't even mention the original games. Looks like for most Millenials, Fallout starts with "Fallout 3"...🙄

Edited by bjornk

19 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

It's going to be everything Bethesda fanboys deserve.

I was thinking about what you said there... and thought to myself... Bethesda is doing a good thing. A very good thing.

A good thing for all those gamers that can't play regular MMOs like Over-watch or the Destiny franchise or the like... Those that get pawn'd the very second they start on the lowest levels. Those that have to spend 100's of dollars to get all the best stuff... only to have their ass handed to them from a 13 year old girl that just started the game a few days prior.

Bethesda is doing the world a great public service.. providing a MMO for all those that can't play any other MMO.. god bless Bethesda for this.

Spoiler

:P lol

So the 'the git gud n00b truck' won't be a thing.  Who want's to play with a bunch of scrub lords anyway?  Seems like FO76 will be THE GAME for butt-hurt losers who can't cope with real MMO culture.

BUT since the Bethesda fanbase is now largely safe space loving sissy-boys (Nexus and Lover's Lab dorks), having an online hugfest might be a thing.  The only problem with that will be player participation since real MMO players probably won't touch it.  And there won't be any non-Creation Club mods to prop it up.  A Bethesda game without nude mods.  Think about that.  So are people gonna play A VANILLA BETHESDA GAME or are they gonna play an Asian MMO/RPG with skimpy outfits and jiggle physics?  Hmmm...hard choice.  NOT.

FFXI Online was the only MMO I got into. If these sissy "gamers" ever got into that game back in the days during it's prime time, they would of quit and started crying long ago. The MMO was not for everyone and progressing took days, weeks or months, depending how dedicated you were and the time you had.

It was so satisfying once you've made it to the top among other players and started doing endgame events where only the top of the top skilled players were able to participate. I did that for many years and ran my own guild for a long time.

I truly miss those days. Had so much fun and many friends on my server. I wanted to return but Square Enix destroyed that MMO when they catered to the low level cry babies who eventually cheated their way to max level and started to attend endgame events with zero skills in their class because they never put the effort to learn how to play it through progression and it became a slap in the face to many veterans like myself.

It was stupid to cater to a minority and dick over your real loyal players who put the time and effort into the game.

And the cry-baby factor will hit FO76 despite of Toad Howard's and Pete Hiney's lies.  Give the game a year and new players will be able to BUY with real money God-tier loot boxes to get them up to speed with veteran players.  Your days of grinding, building up your base, collecting loot and protecting your clan will be SHIT ON by some asshole who just started the game.  And it will be done in the name of 'fairness', since Toad Howard wants everyone to be good at everything AND feel good about themselves while they do it.  That's fine for a single player game, but it spits in the face of the people who actually worked for their game progress.

So FO76 will not be on STEAM and you can only get it through Bethesda.net.  HUH.

That means Bethesda controls distribution as well as the servers.  HUH again.

Prediction: FO76 will eventually have Creation Club mods.  That will be their version of microtransactions.  Why are the lobbies so small?  Why 12 players per map maximum?  MONEY is why.  'Creation friendly' lobbies will be a thing.  Just you wait and see. :P

They've already killed Fallout with Fallout 3, for the fans of the originals, now they are killing it again with FO4 and 76, for the fans of Fallout 3 and NV. These people are either really stupid or they really want to kill off the IP for some reason...

1 hour ago, bjornk said:

These people are either really stupid or they really want to kill off the IP for some reason...

Marvel Comics; devoted fan base that would buy comics every month.  Let's take a giant SJW feminist shit on them so they won't buy our products.

ME: Andromeda; let's take a beloved franchise and knowingly make a game so terrible the fans will turn on us.

Star Wars; Wreck the biggest IP on the planet and FUCK the fans, the Force is female and no one cares about toys.

Honestly I think it's the 30 something Millennials and their total disdain for established norms.  They want to tear it down and rebuild it into their own vision.  The problem is they have no vision other than social or political agendas and their creativity is just shit.  Also, entertainment is no longer about being entertained, it's about how much money can be squeezed out of consumers before they wise up and stop buying.  People with no talent and focus groups, that's why we can't have nice things.

And now comes FO76, the game no one asked for.

• Agree 1

Chris Avellone tweeted this shit yesterday...

I don't want anyone to set fire to me, but one thing about @Fallout (76) is I think it is a great stage to explore the mechanics of Fallout multiplayer for both this game and also, into the future. Hate me all you want, but I think it's a smart move.

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1052777362444582914

Reeeally? So you've never heard of the multiplayer Fallout games before, such as FOnline? Which had existed long before Bethesda even thought about MP. Oh, wait... maybe you meant micro-transactions and shit... Well, I already knew you were a sellout. Anyway, fuck you!

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1052405197421522944

Shill...

Edited by bjornk

Looks like Bethesda will have to retcon the shit out of Fallout lore... on Twitter...

November 2077, a month after the Great War, army Captain Roger Maxson arrived with survivors at the Californian bunker of Lost Hills. There he formed the Brotherhood of Steel, who used a functioning satellite to extend their reach across America… all the way to Appalachia.

https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/1052640333664833536

As if that's even an explanation...

You couldn't create new factions and used BoS and Super Mutants, simply because you're so goddamn incompetent, and now you have to cover up the holes with the shit right out of your ass... Good job!

Edited by bjornk