Fallout 76

As someone in the comment section of this video said. It's not that they don't get it, they just don't care.

I kept saying this time and again on LL and people had their pitchforks at me.

Everything Bethesda does, if it was done in a different industry, they would have filed bankruptcy. They would have gotten the biggest backlash ever. But the very reason they get away with ignoring their fans and laughing about it behind the scenes is the simple fact that their cult praises them and nothing they do is wrong. Eventually that is going to wear off at some point. In the meant time, they are fucking morons and deserve to be trolled.

Edited by endgameaddiction

I don't know if it's this bad in Skyrim, it probably is, but when I watch Fallout 3/4/76 videos on YT, I keep noticing the "flatness" of lighting... Don't know how to describe it, but it either seems too bright (esp. interiors), or maybe there isn't enough shadows, I can't tell, but the environmental lighting looks very flat, plain, kind of dry and unnatural in these games.

4 hours ago, bjornk said:

I don't know if it's this bad in Skyrim, it probably is, but when I watch Fallout 3/4/76 videos on YT, I keep noticing the "flatness" of lighting... Don't know how to describe it, but it either seems too bright (esp. interiors), or maybe there isn't enough shadows, I can't tell, but the environmental lighting looks very flat, plain, kind of dry and unnatural in these games.

Bethesda's 'new Creation Engine' can't handle parallax lighting or dynamic shadows.  They're using the same drop light bulbs as they did in Oblivion.  The devs did manage to 'figure out' omni-directional lighting AFTER a modder made it work using OBSE scripting.  To this day Bethesda is still using meshes (YES, meshes) to simulate glow FX from lighting.  Lighting is one of the limitations of the Gamebyro engine that Bethesda hasn't been using for 10 years.  The lights look flat because the formula is circa 2006.

5 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Wow... Just wow... This should've been fixed during early access beta.

You mean the "Break-it Early Test Application" ?  Seems as if we will be "breaking it" much later than we thought. :P

Then "breaking-it" for the next 2~4 years until they no longer support it...

If their history plays a roll in this. ;)

Gotta love when you rotate the camera the room goes from light to dark. Or when you go in Skyrim Inns with a pit of fire in the middle and the room is dark. Or when you point the camera downwards and sometimes you see dark spot shaped as a square while around that is lighting up perfectly fine until you start to move the camera upwards.

I expect no different in TES6.

Still remember Skyrim's horrible texture compression artifacts on everyone's nose, including the PC...

hD-yrdSsP10_LzbyZIybmucKANHRUJOG11p0MYon

or what about that horrible feet...

cxu6wgp32ft01.jpg

IIRC Fallout 4's feet wasn't all that good either.

Yes, mods fixed that later in Skyrim...

xenius_2.jpg

A random mod maker does a better job for free, than your employee who got paid to do the same job and was terrible at it. This, to me, is another clear indication of a high degree of incompetence.

Edited by bjornk
  • Agree 1