Sign in to follow this  
Doublezero

Fallout 76

The only thing I can say about Bethesda games like Fallout 76  is that there are extremely tallented people that make songs about the game that is 1000's of times better than that game will ever be

• Like 1

I can't but laugh at all of this. Bethesda will go down the history as the biggest joke in the game industry.

Edited by driftscape
  • Agree 1

WOW! A hacker stole from 532 players! Forget the hack, the big news is that there are at least 500 people still playing this game. 🤣

I don't fell sorry for the players who still play that game and got hacked. They are the same who will show up to Bethesda E3 2020 with their pom poms shilling over their next game.

The only way I can think of that may allow you to steal items from other players is to overwrite or reuse a function in the game either by modifying memory or modifying game files (EXE's and DLL's etc. where game functions are located), but it would only be possible if there's no checks on the server side. By the looks of it, there's no such checks in this joke of a game. It would be cumbersome if not difficult for a normie to modify functions by modifying the memory, so I guess they simply modified a game file, or replaced it with a hacked one, which suggests that the game doesn't even check game files for authenticity before letting you into the game. What a joke.

I believe the video stated that they were told about those issues (checks on the server side, verification of Authenticity etc. ) and ignored the issue.

They were told by modders that FO76 was potential to being hacked and Bethesda plugged their ears. Now it's biting them in the fucking ass and I'm raining tears of laughter while they're crying a river.

I don't think they (Bethesda) actually cares. Their various actions during this indicates they have little care for what they do or even how they are viewed currently so long as they can find ways to make money off this game. Having a glitch piece of shit game is one thing.. having exploits that rip people off of their hard work and shit is quite a different thing. 

The only way I can see Bethesda making a recovery is going back to their roots with Skyrim. It's a mediocre game at best, but a huge seller it was. Bethesda aren't known to take risks. Especially now more than ever with their reputation tarnished as it is right now. So playing it more safe than ever will be their only option. But seeing as how they have adapted and embraced the Creation Club, they are destroying their single player experience. If they manage to fuck TES6 up then I don't know if them as a company will continue to exist.

If it was up to me I would scrap the whole idea of Creation Club from FO4 and SSE and toss it in the trash bin. I would return to the state of modding from Skyrim and earlier. Rebuild my reputation. Their core fans don't care if the game is consistent with bugs as their previous iterations. As long as it can be modded, they'll settle with it.

Edited by driftscape