Sign in to follow this  
bjornk

Mount&Blade II Bannerlord

Posted (edited)

Thought it would be nice to have a Bannerlord thread... in case we get a release date before I die... :D

Just saw this on one of their dev blogs... looks pretty funny...

Spoiler

blog_post_46_taleworldswebsite_04.gif

Edited by bjornk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bjornk said:

Thought it would be nice to have a Bannerlord thread... in case we get a release date before I die... :D

Just saw this on one of their dev blogs... looks pretty funny...

Reveal hidden contents

blog_post_46_taleworldswebsite_04.gif

Sounds good to me... :D

Posted (edited)

Meh... and we're way past the harvesting season...

There is apparently a livestream featuring a 30 min SP campaign demo within a few minutes...

This is the livestream I'm currently watching...

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ7l8rltpME

Edit:

Spoiler

Watched the livestream today and I wasn't really impressed. Nothing really jaw-dropping, was pretty much a polished and slightly improved and expanded version of Warband, don't know why it took so long to make something like this. The only thing that got me excited was the ability to continue to play as a family member once the PC dies, which wasn't explained in detailed however, was pretty vague actually. I'm not sure how it'll be implemented in the game though and they may still cancel it towards the release. By the way, still no release date...🤔

Edit:

Forgot to mention, another cool thing was that it seems they've finally removed the generic skill points you gain when you level up, which you can distribute to any skill you wish, which was one of the things I complained about the game a lot. You now have to raise your skill levels by actually using those skills, in other words, to raise the trade skill, you actually need to trade and make money, you can't just kill stuff and then invest all bonus skill points into the trade skill. 👍

Edited by bjornk

Posted (edited)

Here's a bunch of gameplay videos from Gamescom, btw, you choose one of the 3 available prebuilt characters specifically made for Gamescom demo, you normally create your own from scratch.

Spoiler

From what I can see, attributes (STR, AGI, INT, CHAR) are completely gone, weapon proficiencies are now combined with skills and a lot of skills are also gone. We had 4 attributes,  24 skills, 6 weapon proficiencies in WB and these skills and proficiencies were all tied to your attributes, and all we have now is merely 18 skills in total... Yeah, "not dumbed down", my ass!😡

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by bjornk

The same thing has happened in music, tv shows and movies. In order to make more money, companies need to design their stuff in such a way that the lowest common denominator may also demand it, which ultimately degrades the quality of everything.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've seen many bands I like jump on the bandwagon of changing their sound because the particular genre they play just isn't cutting it financially. I kinda don't blame them for that. But it definitely sucks.