The Outer Worlds Announcement - New RPG from Obsidian

bjornk

Should give you some idea about the types Bethesda possibly have in their team.

It's inevitable, at one point all games will be made by clueless millenials, which no doubt will feature a significant amount of blue haired SJWs. It's pretty much "game over" for the older folks like us.

By the way, do you really believe that CDPR is any different and that their design and narrative team is made of over 40 dudes? Fat chance.

Edited by bjornk

They (the industry) can't even get a functional game out much less good stories (non SJW themes)  You can't even play the game regardless. (Looking at you Fallout 76, Mass Effect Andromeda and many others)

I don't believe CDPR will have the same issue American or even Western European countries"s companies will have. They are based in Poland and from what I have experienced with many associates and customers and such Polish  young are generally far from SJW. In fact they like mocking many of them. :D

Now that doesn't mean they wont' fuck up something that we won't like... just means I doubt it will be due to SJWs.

Well in regards to games, pretty much now I don't even care what is going on until it is released in a playable version ( for beta testers and review) before I make any reasonable attempt to gather up info to make a proper opinion. Until then it might as well be a game made by Unicorns for all I care.

I'm still on the fence on this game. But waking up to Bjornk's post on the developers made me want to go back to sleep.

Either way if it would of supported modding, no way I'm modding a first person perspective game. I know REZ was modding RAGE, but I can't get into modding FPP games. There's only so much you can do before it loses attraction stuck in one perspective.

The game not having 3rd person camera or mod support is a missed opportunity for Obsidian; and opportunity they won't have again.  "YES there will be a tool kit and YES you can see your character in-game."  That would have been a blood-pissing kidney punch to Bethesda.  Ain't gonna happen now.

A lot of people seem to compare this game with FO4, as if that's a good thing. Even Obsidian itself seems to position the game on the same level. When I first saw the game play video, I immediately noticed the reticle of the gun and how it changes, seemed like a blatant FO4 rip-off (unless of course it's a common thing that everyone uses these days, though I doubt it). The 1st person animations were pretty bad as well. The position of the hand, how it wiggles, looked very unnatural. Also, this isn't an actual "open-world" game. Obsidian cannot create a multi-planet open-world game such as Star Citizen, they neither have the skill nor the budget. It'll quite possibly contain multiple smaller maps for each planet, which are connected by a spaceship.

Think of all the games Obsidian has created from scratch, and this is pretty much on the same level in terms of quality and innovation, in other words, mediocre.

Edited by bjornk
  • Agree 1

Currently watching Cyberpunk 2077 game play video again in order to make a comparison with this game, to see how they handled 1st person animations etc. And I have to say, CP is way ahead almost in every way, not even a fair comparison. It seems as if there's a decade of difference between the two. If I had to choose one of these, I'd pick CP without a second thought. Too bad both are 1st person.

Edited by bjornk