Morroblivion Guide: Development

Anatriax

Feel free to give updates here as you go. Don't worry about taking some time to get things done. I'm likely to end up letting myself get distracted on Nexus again...I spent around six hours today looking at bodies and searching for stock replacers. Naturally there aren't any for the bodies that I liked.

12 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Perfection takes time.

And sadly, I think perfection is going to require NOT using Mod Organizer for Morroblivion. 

I'm encountering ALL KINDS of issues upon reinstalling the mods one at a time... and the solution, every time, is to install with Wrye Bash, or OBMM. So... yeah.

Also, I've been PMing some people over on STEP and we're trying to figure out the issue with MO and OBSE plugins... but it's proving to be a useless endeavor. 

Just now, Anatriax said:

And sadly, I think perfection is going to require NOT using Mod Organizer for Morroblivion. 

I'm encountering ALL KINDS of issues upon reinstalling the mods one at a time... and the solution, every time, is to install with Wrye Bash, or OBMM. So... yeah.

Sad.. I thought the solution was to extract the scripts and install them manually to get the desired results. You wouldn't have control over the scripts and overwrites but you would still have control over the other assets.

Anyway Wyrebash is pretty powerful and OBMM is pretty dead simple or so I have been told (most use both together) So yea. In any case it will be great.

1 hour ago, Quorwyf said:

I'll probably start on Phase 8 after I get some food. @Anatriax What character creation stuff did you try out yesterday?

I'm actually working on that now :) I'm testing out Oblivion Character Overhaul 2 atm, with the HGEC compatibility patch.

I wanted to use DMRA or BTBB, but the sheer amount of conversions needed just haven't been done. However, HGEC has been done, so that's what we're (semi-forced) to use. 

56 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Wow... there are people already on phase 8 O.o

:) Way to go.

it's what we do, sir!

Also, I want to test this out
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40549/?
And see how it works out with things. Supposedly, it's the equivalent of DynDOLOD for Oblivion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anatriax said:

Yep. 

Wrye Bash is going to be our solution. When loading through MO it just won't recognize OBSE plugins for anything. I've adjusted just about anything that could affect it, so :/ blah

Wait.. that is also running WB through MO? O.o

This has to be a bug on MO part. It should work normally not screw up scripts.

1 minute ago, ritualclarity said:

Wait.. that is also running WB through MO? O.o

This has to be a bug on MO part. It should work normally not screw up scripts.

I remember when I first wrote this guide that there were a lot of problems with the Steam version of Oblivion, and Mod Organizer. 

The disk version works flawlessly. No tweaking needed. 

The Steam version is fucked as far as MO is concerned.

1 hour ago, Anatriax said:

I'm actually working on that now :) I'm testing out Oblivion Character Overhaul 2 atm, with the HGEC compatibility patch.

I wanted to use DMRA or BTBB, but the sheer amount of conversions needed just haven't been done. However, HGEC has been done, so that's what we're (semi-forced) to use. 

Hrm. I wanted to go with BTBB or one of HappySparkles Sui-whatever ones and noticed the lack of clothing replacers for regular things. I thought DMRA-GUTS would be a good enough substitute for what I was aiming for. Not a fan of the "pair of baseballs glued to a twig look" unless i'm really impressed with the baseballs, like UHK. xD

1 minute ago, Quorwyf said:

Hrm. I wanted to go with BTBB or one of HappySparkles Sui-whatever ones and noticed the lack of clothing replacers for regular things. I thought DMRA-GUTS would be a good enough substitute for what I was aiming for. Not a fan of the "pair of baseballs glued to a twig look" unless i'm really impressed with the baseballs, like UHK. xD

Hahahahahaha yeah. Hopefully, a revamp of this guide gives happysparkles the drive she needs to do some more conversions ;)

26 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Maybe we might get some others here inspired to start doing conversions. :)

I was thinking if HappySparkles  can't do the conversions or someone else here can't we have Kendo and HappySparkles that know what to do if someone was willing to start to try to learn.. perhaps ?

2 hours ago, Quorwyf said:

Is that a Blender thing? I didn't do too well with that when I tried to learn years back.

Blender is a commonly used tool to do this, yes. 3ds Max is also another tool, and sometimes Maya (even though Maya is really designed for animations).

There are, however, tutorials available for all of them on the net. Most commonly Blender and 3dsMax. 

Forgot to ask earlier...

In the installing Morroblivion phase(4), step 25 is "UNCHECK the boxes next to the Morroblivion BSA files". This does not seem possible as the BSA checkboxes are grey. Should I extract the BSAs I see in archives then hide them?

Edited by Quorwyf

8 hours ago, Quorwyf said:

Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul url is slightly different - http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1103-oscuros-oblivion-overhaul/

Newest and final ver is at http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46199/?

There was a specific reason why I was using 135a, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. 

For clothes: https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/2023 Should cover everything

and as for step 25, it's fine. Leave them the way they are :)

2 hours ago, Anatriax said:

There was a specific reason why I was using 135a, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. 

For clothes: https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/2023 Should cover everything

and as for step 25, it's fine. Leave them the way they are :)

I'm willing to downgrade from Oscuro's 1.37 but 1.35a seems too far unless there was some kind of compatibility problem with the rest of FCOM. Changelog shows a number of fixes in 1.36 that seem like they're worth having.

* All magical armors now have values commensurate with their enchantments (using vanilla formulas).
* Removed the TG11 script from two weapons (Arce Lango and Arce Volenbal) that made them crumble when equipped.
* Fixed a minor bug in Sir Alain Uruk's dialogue that reverted to a previous quest after completing the questline.
* Ghostly Warriors will no longer sleep (they had a bandit Sleep package).
* Fixed a rare bug where dead animals would be walking around alive when you entered a dungeon.
* Renamed some meteoric weapons that retained old nomenclature.
* Various spelling and grammar fixes.
* Fixed placement of some objects.