-
Posts
46 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
9
Content Type
Profiles
Articles
Events
Forums
Gallery
Downloads
Blogs
Everything posted by AtomicGlitch
-
I got the game recently and am feeling mixed. It really channels Witcher III in graphics and such so I got excited but then the game play isn't anywhere as good IMO. Have you got the game? Will you get it/plan on getting it? If so why?
-
GOG is the new Steam! They got quite a good selection of "Good OL' Games" check those out. AS I understand it they not only sell them but have brought them up to current hardware standards so you don't have to use an emulator or have issues like you would have with the games that aren't updated.
-
A bit of a necro of a thread but I didn't see anything else regarding this. Steam is . I used to love them. I used to trust them but they drank the same water that many of the companies have recently. I had a p problem purchasing a game. Wanted to use Credit and the balance credit card. Cool right? Well they claimed I put in the wrong address. However, it was good enough for the credit card company to accept the charge? You wouldn't accept the credit being used but allowed part of the charge to go through. They kept blaming me. I tried to enter a support ticket and soon learned I couldn't. "Cloud Services" (VPN) That was what glitched the system. However, nowhere do they say that can happen. Even after several contacts made to Steam they still blame me for the mess up in the purchase. I stated I loved them. They returned games that were glitched even after the return policy. They stood up for the customer against credit cards trying to force their polices etc. etc. So I thought, get the game (I was off) and then ask for them to adjust it. NOPE. OH HELL NO. A series of blaming me, and not reading my request tickets focusing on something else. Lord knows what, however it wasn't related to my previous post. Bullshit here and bullshit there. Well, I removed all my Wishlist games, Used up my credit for some DLCs for my games to get it out of their pockets (and gaining interest ) and purchased the games I wanted to purchase elsewhere. (GOG for the most part. At least there you can download the installer and install it off line any time you want) as well as other sites. (yes, I avoided EA especially now that they were bought out. ) Now I have a nice bit of fresh gaming (some were older games) to play and Steam got jack. To think I was thinking of buying their hardware. The handheld and the computer as well. Supporting them . I am SO HAPPY this happened now before I did that. Perhaps eventually once my games get so old and you can buy them for pennies on a dollar I might sell or give my game account over to someone else that can't afford games.
-
He is an excellent example of promoting someone to uselessness. Why do companies do this? It's . No other way to describe it. Every place I ever worked at this happens. Someone manages to get promoted to the absolutely worst position for them to be in. Where they do the most damage.
-
I need to do that myself. Move from Steam.
-
GOG has a promo for many of the old classic RPGs. Fallout and TES is included. Dues EX and others I never seen. All at substantial discount. If you need a TES or Fallout classic (old game) and was wafting for a sale. Now is your time. Check it out1
-
Witcher 3 Remaster Coming Out September 29th, 2026
AtomicGlitch posted a topic in Gaming Discussions
I am torn. I don't trust them now after their actions regarding CyberPunk 2077 release. That and I suspect they might move more left. I hope I am wrong and a bit of hope exist considering they are based in Poland. However, they also have offices in Boston, Canada and heaven forbid California. Canada and especially California is very left. I hope they don't add crap that isn't needed. -
They must be on their best behavior then. Normally they are being a . If you interact, or heaven forbid, ask a question of the mod author or make a comment you don't like something about the mod. (unless it follows their list of no no)
-
The top five Linux distributions ranked by DistroWatch page hits are CachyOS, Linux Mint, MX Linux, Pop!_OS, and Debian, according to recent updates highlighted by TecMint. [1, 2] The Top Five Distributions CachyOS: A performance-focused distribution based on Arch Linux. It uses optimized package repositories for fast speeds. Linux Mint: A very popular and stable operating system. It provides a traditional desktop layout that feels easy for beginners. MX Linux: A lightweight and stable system designed to run well on older or slower computers. It uses the XFCE desktop environment by default. Pop!_OS: A fast operating system built by System76. It works well for developers, modern laptops, and gaming. Debian: A rock-solid and influential operating system. Many other popular Linux distros use Debian as their core foundation. [1, 2, 3] I use MX Linux. Used Ubuntu before. My MX is however the one that has more modern desktop. I forget the type. I think it is KDE. @Doublezero you might want to check that out next time you decide to distro hop or fire up a VM. I was looking at POP OS and the auto tiling might be better? I might even try it. Being gnome it might be lighter than KDE I believe you mentioned you didn't like the weight KDE had on the system. (This is currently from my Windows machine. I still need a lot of Windows programs and not quite ready to move over. Windows is trying their best to push me, I tell you. ) https://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=popularity ^ the link to the distro watch listing. As I understand they update that list regularly. As far as I know it is the golden standard of ranking for Linux distros. Has been around for a long time.
-
-
I'm pretty sure they don't know what is going on at Nexusmods either.
-
Holy . You added it! I was only commenting. Never expected something to be added because I suggested it. Most sites barely even read members post (well except perhaps to criticize them and attack them or even to ban them) This sit is awesome. I wish other sites was as chill and engaging as this one. Oh, before I forget I better get cracking and use this nice new emoji ASAP. I got to go back and change my selection on that post. Hopefully, it will allow that. If not I'll be prepared for future post like that. edit. Hey I was able to change it! AWESOME. Much better now. lol
-
I'm so happy I don't give a about gaming news. Following the gaming news is so depressing. From rip off releases of games not ready to even be quality tested to shutting down game servers just weeks after release because of their bad decisions. All of this just makes me want to look for another hobby. With AI and all the bS that is happing regarding hardware cost, you can't build decent gaming rigs anymore anyway. Not if you want to pay rent and eat that is. Only the super rich can afford that
-
-
So that means we will get it in 2070 around the time the bombs were released in the original games lore. It will be the special, special, extra special edition release. Having it crash and not work will be a intentional feature, recalling all the previous games releases. You will pay more for that.
-
If they are able to succeed in their plan.
-
DUDE, did Youtube terminate your account? WTF. Video unavailable This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.
-
I came home to play some Sims. Update required. LOL. I think they update the game more often than some people change their underpants. I believe the update that is here should be the most current one. Haven't' been able to play much of this game for a bit.
-
Wow! This thread is a gem for those that like Cyberpunk 2077 like me. Even before it was released there were discussions. It is like going back in time and watching (or reading ) all about the ups and down of the game. I discovered this game much later. I believe after they managed to make a lot of repairs and updates making the game much more playable. I am going to go play some Cyberpunk 2077 again after a nice break. Since I was here I wanted to see if there was something mentioned here and was given the motherlode. Again Wow. This site is a treasure. Lots of good open information. No browbeating if you believe one thing over another. Really not lip service. True reasonable freedom. Lots of information from years ago just waiting for you to dig up and BONUS, you can still post on those threads. No gate keepers condemning you for necro posting. Just a nice chill site.
- 512 replies
-
- discussion
- rant
-
(and 8 more)
Tagged with:
-
DAMMM I hope it is real. Shit. I know I don't have a chance in hell to get with that, however, even a chance to see something as beautiful in real life makes it worth it. lol. That smile is worth the price of the ticket. That smile alone won me over.
-
I just wish that there was support for the kernel level DRM in Linux so that you can play all these games on Linux. Get away from Windows. I don't even care if the game company supports the game on Linux. There will likely be a lot of support and assistance especially for popular games in forums and such so don't need the producer to support it. It would be nice if it was official supported but I believe that will take some time after the kernel level DRM has been completed before that happens. I hope the new Steam OS and all the development into Linux and people moving to it helps push vendors to consider support for Linux but that will likely take some time. At least more time than I would like as I am impatient as f**K lol.
-
Where I work, they fired some people that were popular and it shut down the entire place for weeks. During a time when there was a heavy need for people to get the work done, nothing. I wonder with this "Celebration & Service" memorial if this isn't the same situation. The mention that they will march regarding the layoffs. So instead of focusing on the task at hand, they rather focus on other stuff. @Doublezero has it right. More needed to be laid off. I hate to wish something like that but it is possible that a contamination has gone that deep. From what I can tell from other articles it sounds like they were MASSIVELY overstaffed. This staffing was seriously inefficient. Too many bosses. To many steps and too many people making decisions and having to be checked in with to do a basic task. That isn't good for the company or the employees. IMO at least.