Story setting  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Story setting

• Medieval (Elder Scrolls)
    • Post Apocalyptic (Fallout)
    • Post Apocalyptic Medieval (World destroyed by magic)
    • In Space (Starfield or Star Wars)

I want to have to struggle to get out of a hole in the ground and fight my way across the wasteland to find my father only to have him get pissed at me for leaving the hole in the ground and kill himself.

:P 

Jokes aside.. first thing I like most is Post Apocalyptic enviroment. I would love a different path and story than what has been done before. however, the tried and true would work as well. The second one would be split between Medieval and space. then finally Post Apocalyptic medieval world (as most times other than books they never quite captured the player/reader.

You can create a dating sim etc... ;) lol.. have a patron and make $$$$ off it. The $$$$ I have seen some make is insane...

• Like 2

I voted for Medieval, but I have a suggestion for a setting.

Spoiler

The Leonid meteor storms of 1866-1868 didn't miss Earth and the impacts were like a global nuclear war.  Reconstruction didn't happen, the Industrial Revolution and expansion into the western U.S. were stalled.  Traditional religious leaders claim it was an act of God and that doesn't go over very well with the general populace.  People start looking for alternatives and cultists step in to provide spiritual guidance.

Fast forward 100 years (mid 1960s) and that's when the game would take place.  Technology would be on the level of the 1920s, but you could steam punk insert whatever you wanted.  Instead of biplanes maybe ornithopters, giant dirigible ships as airborne battle platforms, steam-powered robots, etc.

If you wanted magic maybe some of the meteors contained mysterious crystals or metals that contaminated and mutated some areas.  Those crystals/metals are hard to come by and dangerous in the wrong hands.  They could could be used to make special weapons, power ray guns, whatever.

It's not a very good suggestion. :drunk:

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 2:43 PM, ritualclarity said:

You can create a dating sim etc... ;) lol.. have a patron and make $$$$ off it. The $$$$ I have seen some make is insane...

Forever free is the motto here, so I'm not interested in making money from the game because I can make money in other ways. I'd like it to be an open source project with a lot of like-minded people working together. Also, adding dating elements sounds like a good idea. I know a lot of guys enjoy making Serana their waifu, but I'm getting too far ahead of myself. 😈

On 6/5/2024 at 10:28 AM, Kendo 2 said:

I voted for Medieval, but I have a suggestion for a setting.

Hide contents

The Leonid meteor storms of 1866-1868 didn't miss Earth and the impacts were like a global nuclear war.  Reconstruction didn't happen, the Industrial Revolution and expansion into the western U.S. were stalled.  Traditional religious leaders claim it was an act of God and that doesn't go over very well with the general populace.  People start looking for alternatives and cultists step in to provide spiritual guidance.

Fast forward 100 years (mid 1960s) and that's when the game would take place.  Technology would be on the level of the 1920s, but you could steam punk insert whatever you wanted.  Instead of biplanes maybe ornithopters, giant dirigible ships as airborne battle platforms, steam-powered robots, etc.

If you wanted magic maybe some of the meteors contained mysterious crystals or metals that contaminated and mutated some areas.  Those crystals/metals are hard to come by and dangerous in the wrong hands.  They could could be used to make special weapons, power ray guns, whatever.

It's not a very good suggestion. :drunk:

That is an interesting idea.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Forever free is the motto here, so I'm not interested in making money from the game because I can make money in other ways. I'd like it to be an open source project with a lot of like-minded people working together. Also, adding dating elements sounds like a good idea. I know a lot of guys enjoy making Serana their waifu, but I'm getting too far ahead of myself. 😈

That is an interesting idea.

Spoiler

You can still include these as an open free game (and give your patron and use it)  Adding some romance options is always a good idea.

AS for Kendo's idea I would add something to it regading magic.  Consider the  meteor storms of 1866-1868 contained dangerious materials (later learned that it helps you exploite the "energy" that surrounds people and some even generate this energy) These materials once hit our earth's enviroment had a negative effect and did major damage. Continent shifts, sink, raise. Cities being buried under dozens or more feet of dirt and rock (later to be accessible if you mine. A good source for these crystals)  Changing the look of earth almost over night. The upheaval killed hundreds of millions of people but that isn't the worst of it. Where the cyrstals hit the earth it killed ten's of thousands of people that came in contact with them.  Only 5% of the worlds population was able to be directly exposed to these crystals and not die.  Some mutated into beings that would generate energies (like those from the crystals) others were immune to the energy (more on that later) There would be major (Magicians) and minors (magic users) these people (and perhaps some creatures would develop special abilities as well. could even be the cause of mutation into beast) 

The "magicians" quickly seeing that they had power started to dominate the old world lands in direct opposition to the current goverments that were in shambles. As the goverements regained control they were in direct opposition with the Magicians (cult) and by 1914 there was a multicontent war. It was devistating many died. By this time a second generation of people were born of those that lived after being exposed to the crystals. They were even more powerful. Their bodies being concieved with the mutations and exposed to the crystal's energies were changed. These Neo Humans further started to exercise their control over various goverements. Wasn't until the end of the second world war that tredies were created. It was agreed that the goverments would run their people (commoners) and the Magicians would rule their peoples and make decisions regarding crystals and other magically devices and treatements (at this time some developed advanced mediacal capabilities)

The minor magicians have basic abilities at the minimum better sences and can see in the dark. Some have mild telekinetic  or telepatic ability. (sometimes just good enough to tell if a commoner is telling the truth.  These are the clerks of the magicians world. Remember those that were immune? The second generation after being fully exposed and concieved in this world developed the ability to absorbe any magic in their aura (around the space they can touch) and dispence it in basic magic "spells" (think witcher but more flexible) Those that have this ability spend years learning and practicing how to expell this magic into simple easy to use guestures. After repeated practice they have become quite adept at using these skills fast than standard Magicians. These have become the military / police cast in the new world.  Shields, push, extreme heat, extremene cold (as well body temp regulation) mild telepathic ability. (sometimes able to do read magic users .. never Magicians)  Quicker healing etc. protection from projectal objects etc. makes them extremely hard to kill. (a major factor in the second war)

It is forbiden for any commoner to have magic crystals regardless of the quality as well as any iron meteor  as iron meteors are the only materials that can be infused with crystal energies.

Commoners tech has developed into Steam punk world.

By the time (1960s) which kendo mentioned would be the settings time for the story. There has been at least 3 generations. (adult) which the culture has settled (wars were over etc) and many were tested and trained based on their class. There were the eugenics science that was used to breed even more power full and capable members of the class (with less and less deviation.. think a imune person mentioned above being able to read a magicians mind for example or lift thousands of tons  or some other extreme ability )  IN this world everything has been settled... or has it.  It was thought that nobody alive today that wasn't part of the mutations could be able to handle and get mutated. ONly thing would happen is they would die... but this is soon learned that it isn't the case and our hero is one such example. ARe you going to be a Magician, Mage user or Immune (person that can absorbe insane amounts of energy) Only the future would tell.

😛

Edited by ritualclarity
Now my computer is working better lol