How to change headparts without SKSE

• Doublezero changed the title to How to change headparts without SKSE

Spitballing here...

Spoiler

No clue other than using the partitions from BSDismemberSkinInstance in Nifscope as a reference and TRY using vanilla scripting to doing a swap.  Think of Delphine in the main quest when she changes from the blue dress to leather armor, or Balgruf when he swaps from jarl clothes to plate armor during the civil war siege of Whiterun.  For the player, going to jiail might be scripts you could pick apart.

All the parts you want to use would need to have the same body part assigned (i.e. SBP_31_HAIR).  If you are trying to do hair the HairLine head part will have to be changed as well, and sometimes that stays persistent in game and requires a restart for the changes to apply.

This could possibly work on NPCs but probably not the player, even if it was for an NPC I have no idea on how to change the facegen without manually doing it in the CK.  Otherwise you'd get the 'gray face' bug.

I don't know of any mod that changes head parts either on the fly or via a menu (e.g. RaceMenu, ECE) and DOESN'T rely on SKSE. Whatever the vanilla game uses to do it, on the character creation screen for instance, must be a built-in function that can't be accessed via a script, which is most likely why SKSE needed to implement the ChangeHeadPart function.