Click here for more!

If you had to choose a single video game to play for the rest of your life...

bjornk

If you had to choose a single video game to play for the rest of your life, which one would you pick?

Rules:

1. You must only pick one, but you're allowed to post runner-ups.
  2. You may not pick an unreleased game (e.g. Star Citizen).
  3. You may use mods.
  4. You may pick older games (e.g. Atari, C64, Amiga games).
  5. You are not allowed to play it on multiple platforms.
  6. You do not have to explain the reasons why you've picked it, but you are welcome to do so.
  7. You can change your mind anytime you want by editing your post.
  8. You may only pick single-player games or rather, games that don't rely on an external service, or other people to be played.

Edited by bjornk
Added rule #8 (i.e. Single-player games only)

My pick would be:

Jagged Alliance 2 (with the 1.13 mod)

Runner-ups:

Mount & Blade : Warband (with mods), and maybe Skyrim (with mods).

and here's my reasoning:

• Would always pick a sandbox/semi-sandbox role-playing game with high replayability.
  • Would always pick a PC game as I like the freedom to modify a game however I like.
  • Would NEVER pick a narrative driven or story focused game as stories get old really fast.

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (Special Edition). The reason: Mods. Lots of mods. Seriously, I have thousands of them from sites all over the Internet (be it from mod hosting hubs,  forums, personal blogs and Tumblr before the big exodus to greener pastures) as well as a few personal ones whipped up to my specific tastes.

With enough rejiggering of mod load out, one can effectively recreate the game to give oneself a whole new experience every time.

I would pick The Sims 4 as my runner-up for the same reason, only I enjoy the base gameplay loops less and the mods are not quite as numerous or involved just yet to be a reliable go-to do everything gaming solution though Sacrificial's Mods as well as Wicked Whims and its derivatives certainly get it a lot closer than it has ever been.

• Agree 1

On 1/15/2021 at 1:15 AM, endgameaddiction said:

Final Fantasy 11 Online

Damn, it never occurred to me that someone would pick a multiplayer game. 😅 The obvious problem with that is you can't really play it forever since it relies on servers to run on and other people who also play it. Let's just pick from single-player games only, one that you can actually play forever.

22 hours ago, bjornk said:

Damn, it never occurred to me that someone would pick a multiplayer game. 😅 The obvious problem with that is you can't really play it forever since it relies on servers to run on and other people who also play it. Let's just pick from single-player games only, one that you can actually play forever.

Well, from what recently read the game is more geared towards being independent and not relying on other players like it originated when it came to doing the moderate to extremely difficult tasks. This all started right before I left around 2012. So none of this is a surprises me. A lot of people complained how the game was so hard to level up because you had to rely on others. Anyways, I hanged my primary choice since I forgot at the moment this was to do with SPG.

Edited by endgameaddiction