Little problems on Sims 4....

Hello guys!

Sorry for disturb, here i have some problems 😅 : 

1- I don't know if it's normal but the last week i downloaded WickedWhims mod and had the normal menu. But some days ago, the menu has disapeared....I think it's since I downloaded Devious Desires but even if i delete it, it the same thing....😔

2- Yesterday, i tried to play with WW mod and all the mod has completely disappeared.... I can't use it at all and i can't use any items (BDSM, ect....) I thought it was because I downloaded the TMEX better exceptions mod but I deleted all the related files and it always doesn't work....

3 - I tried to make a vampire/incubus sim but since this morning too, i can't access to the CAS via the cheat menu like before....😭

4 - I'm looking for a complete nude mod because it seem that this option from Wicked Whims does not work on vampire 😅
 I tried on other "kind" of sims and on the normal sims male, it works but it doesn't on all "kind" of female bottom (alien, sims, vampire, witch) and on male vampires and male wizards...

Please, can you help me? 🙏😅

In advance, thank you for your replies!

Have a nice game! ✌️😁✌️

Edited by LadyMaryPhantomhive

Edit : yesterday, i deleted and re-installed all the mods + devious desires and WW work again!

But problems again.... : in plus that the cheats always doesn't work, all the social interactions are unavailable too. I can't interact normally with other sims like talk, laugh, romantic interact, ect....

Anybody know how to solve this? 😅

Probably a script mod issue. You'll probably have to go do the usual annoyance: deactivating everything one by one till you arrive at full functionality. 😐

If you have anything aside from WW and DD that alters interactions that could be it too.

The nice thing is Sims 4, for the most part, is pretty resilient when removing mods.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 4:20 PM, Nessa said:

Probably a script mod issue. You'll probably have to go do the usual annoyance: deactivating everything one by one till you arrive at full functionality. 😐

If you have anything aside from WW and DD that alters interactions that could be it too.

The nice thing is Sims 4, for the most part, is pretty resilient when removing mods.

Hello Nessa !

Thanks for your reply! :)

New problem now....I can't run the game (-_-)

Also i used ModConflict for see what's wrong and all the files seems to not be dangerous. Just some duplicates files to delete but nothing really alarming.

So, i desinstalled the game and reinstall it today and as you recommended, I'll try the mods...one...by...on...

I don't understand what is the problem....I used the same mods since the begining, just now i add WW and DD mods and some recommended animations and stuff with these mods and also, delete WonderfulWhims. And since monday, the game arrived in the sims menu but when i want to resume a game, it takes forever for begin. I waited up to 30 minutes and even 1 hour but nothing....

So if you have a solution for that, i'll be happy to read it !^^

Again, thank you for you reply and your kindness! :)

Hello,

So....I deleted the game and all the files, re-installed the game.

Today, i finished to test all the mods one by one and any of the mods seem to have a problem. I begin a new game, normally, and when i want to play with the family, the problem start again! I can't run the game and it's been 2hours that the game is blocked in the loading screen....

I test again and it always blocked on the loading screen...

The only thing i do differentely is when i tested the mods one by one, i pick a basic family : no clothes, no accessories, no hair and any CC.

So, when I finished to test the CC, i tried to create a new family, but with clothes, ect... start to play and now it's begin again....

I really don't understand what's going on and what it's doesn't work like that. I really test all the mods and it's take almost three days but it's always the same.

How can i solve this please?....

I drop by very sporadically. Hence why I'm responding now. 😆

So if I understand this.... you actually don't have any problems until you load a saved family? And then when trying to use that family you hang on trying to load a house or... zone? That family has some shenanigans going on! 😆 There are some things that can be saved to the Sims Library that aren't readily apparent. Try starting with no mods at all, load that same family, then save it again in vanilla. Then activate your mods and see if the one saved in vanilla has problems too. Kind of annoying to lose all the accessories and makeup but it might clean it up. OR... make a brand new family. See if that has issues. (I could swear there's a tool to copy appearances somewhere but maybe not. 🤷‍♀️)

If a totally new family has problems than it's definitely a mod at work.

If you're having this much trouble I'd recommend picking either WW or DD but not both. Of the two, DD is considerably lighter on resources. But... WW has a lot more mods (most of which aren't... terribly functional I've found 🤦‍♀️ 🙃) If you just install the base DD without the plugins you basically get WW light without all the bloat.  I have done some testing related to this and WW did cause some interaction menu slowdowns when compared to DD. 🤷‍♀️

Also if you've got anything like MCCC (yeah I know, it's essential in certain cases) that can also cause major slowdowns in game. AND that one doesn't play well with DD. ColonelNutty makes a couple other utility mods that almost reproduce all of MCCC's functions. Almost. 🤣

CC (meaning clothes and such) generally don't affect the game quite like scripted mods. If those have problems they can cause crashing when the model appears but usually they just get all screwed up. What they will do for sure, is increase your game load time. (When you start Sims.)

The key with Sims 4 is to keep that mod folder organized so when problems like this arise, it's faster to find what started it. Even when adding new CC I always keep the new stuff in a folder for awhile and test it thoroughly in game before moving into confirmed working folders. And always label those script mods clearly or put in a note to remind you what they do. Those are the ones that break the most every update.

Then again, I come from Bethsoft games which require extensive knowledge on... everything. So maybe I'm just paranoid now. 🤣

PS: Regarding ModConflictDetector, that's really only best used for finding any duplicate mods you have. It doesn't really diagnose conflicts very well. (Go figure right? 🤣)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nessa said:

I drop by very sporadically. Hence why I'm responding now. 😆

So if I understand this.... you actually don't have any problems until you load a saved family? And then when trying to use that family you hang on trying to load a house or... zone? That family has some shenanigans going on! 😆 There are some things that can be saved to the Sims Library that aren't readily apparent. Try starting with no mods at all, load that same family, then save it again in vanilla. Then activate your mods and see if the one saved in vanilla has problems too. Kind of annoying to lose all the accessories and makeup but it might clean it up. OR... make a brand new family. See if that has issues. (I could swear there's a tool to copy appearances somewhere but maybe not. 🤷‍♀️)

If a totally new family has problems than it's definitely a mod at work.

If you're having this much trouble I'd recommend picking either WW or DD but not both. Of the two, DD is considerably lighter on resources. But... WW has a lot more mods (most of which aren't... terribly functional I've found 🤦‍♀️ 🙃) If you just install the base DD without the plugins you basically get WW light without all the bloat.  I have done some testing related to this and WW did cause some interaction menu slowdowns when compared to DD. 🤷‍♀️

Also if you've got anything like MCCC (yeah I know, it's essential in certain cases) that can also cause major slowdowns in game. AND that one doesn't play well with DD. ColonelNutty makes a couple other utility mods that almost reproduce all of MCCC's functions. Almost. 🤣

CC (meaning clothes and such) generally don't affect the game quite like scripted mods. If those have problems they can cause crashing when the model appears but usually they just get all screwed up. What they will do for sure, is increase your game load time. (When you start Sims.)

The key with Sims 4 is to keep that mod folder organized so when problems like this arise, it's faster to find what started it. Even when adding new CC I always keep the new stuff in a folder for awhile and test it thoroughly in game before moving into confirmed working folders. And always label those script mods clearly or put in a note to remind you what they do. Those are the ones that break the most every update.

Then again, I come from Bethsoft games which require extensive knowledge on... everything. So maybe I'm just paranoid now. 🤣

PS: Regarding ModConflictDetector, that's really only best used for finding any duplicate mods you have. It doesn't really diagnose conflicts very well. (Go figure right? 🤣)

Hello Nessa! Thank you for your reply! 😄

Sooo....well, for be clearer, I tested the mods one by one (well...ten by ten, in fact xD) with a normal family ; they're wear no clothes, no accessories, ect....No CC. The game worked perfectly and fastly. BUT, i customize this family with CC and wanted to play with them and it start again to hang on the loading screen....In fact....I don't know it it's clearer 🤣

Anyway! Right, now i just add DD and another mod (Parrots mod precisely) and...it works! Hallelujah ! 🤣

Well, we're not going to claim victory too quickly either.... 🤣

If it doesn't work anymore, I'll follow your advice!

Anyway, thank you so much for your advices and your kindness! 😄