RAGE - Menu Cursor Bug Temp FIX

I just got back into RAGE and before I had stopped playing it a few years ago, I ran into a bug where my mouse cursor was struggling to hoover over menu options. Never had this happen to be when I first started playing this game but started to later on. After reinstalling it and still going through this problem I researched and found one video of someone with the same problem.

However, I was not able to find a fix for this. Anyone who has played RAGE will know how frustrating it is trying to navigate through the menu. Especially in game when you try to buy or sell to a vendor.

Good news is I found a workaround for gamers who use a gaming mouse with DPI control.

Solution: Max your mouse sensitivity in RAGE main menu and drop your DPI to the lowest speed available and this will fix and balance your speed. If you need to increase your mouse speed, you do so with your mouse.

Con: You can't reduce the mouse speed lower than how it is. Doing so with the mouse sensitivity will cause the bug to kick in again.

Here's a video I uploaded with the same problem as the first video and changing my settings in game and my mouse. Impossible to see me change the DPI on my mouse, but you can see the difference in game.

For those who don't have a gaming mouse with DPI control, you could always use a program like Mouse Speed Switcher, or anything out there that's easier or better. MSS from what I read is only for Win7. I don't know of any better program since I don't use it, but This would be the way to go for those without a don't have a gaming mouse with DPI control. The difference is you'll have to alt+tab to change your mouse speed after you max out the mouse sensitivity in game.

Just thought I'd share this with anyone who has this issue with RAGE.

Edited by Guest

Thanks. :)

When your in game it doesn't bother you until you get to menu screen and try to hoover over the menu options. I did it the moment I went to the vendor after shooting those wing sticks. It was just stressful trying to sell and buy items.

I read the comments on the video I saw and there is another method as well. You can use a program to change your mouse speed as well as from windows, but I find my way more efficient because it's much easier. Well, for those with a gaming mouse with DPI control. All you have to do is just set your speed back to normal, or what ever setting you had before changing it in game. And it is a temp fix because you have to do it every time you launch RAGE.

Also if I am not mistaken changing the mouse settings from the mouse would be easier and more convenient than clicking here and there to get to the mouse settings menu in Windows. That solution in my opinion would be something to consider if it was a more permanent change as changes to accommodate a game.