Random stuff on the internet you find enjoyable and/or interesting...

Kendo 2

• 1 month later...

I saw it yesterday. This and SkyWind is the only thing that has my attention. And Isle of Adalar. But they haven't posted any dev logs in a while. They seem to be doing it more on discord, which I never use.

I wonder if they're changing plans to upload it on Nexus after... their introduction to collections and no longer allowing people to remove their own assets.

Edited by endgameaddiction

10 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

I wonder if they're changing plans to upload it on Nexus after... their introduction to collections and no longer allowing people to remove their own assets.

When I was still on Nexus any 'mod' that combined/crossed over games wasn't allowed.  Tale of Two Wastelands and that Morrowind remake that used Oblvion's engine come to mind.  IF they upload it to Nexus they're fucking fools.  Almost 10 yrs worth of work surrendered to a smarmy Torquay shopkeeper.

7 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

When I was still on Nexus any 'mod' that combined/crossed over games wasn't allowed.  Tale of Two Wastelands and that Morrowind remake that used Oblvion's engine come to mind.  IF they upload it to Nexus they're fucking fools.  Almost 10 yrs worth of work surrendered to a smarmy Torquay shopkeeper.

There were mods that took assets from other game. One adult mod took the voices from Fallout 3 for a mod in Fallout NV. It was the same mod ported over (with a different location of course in Fallout NV map)  He was forced to remove all those assets. They were essential to the feel of the mod. They were what made it popular for Fallout 3.. gutted.

Loading up such a work is stupid and I agree with Kendo. Regardless of Nexus taking control over of the mod and allowing others to essentially do whatever the fuck they want to your mod (list currently but who knows what will occur in the future. If they have a mutual ownership, they in essence can authorize any assets you upload to be used for any other mods that is in need of those assets. At least as far as I can tell or think) 

Such works should be maintained separately in a dedicated space respectful of the mountains of work done to get it to completion.  If they are going to upload to Nexus, then they might as well give it an free open source license for anyone to come along and modify and improve the mod as they see fit.  At least then, Nexus wouldn't be the only beneficiary of the work

• Agree 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

It amazes me how even back then they had the equipment to take on such a huge project.

Just be glad they did it back then. Today, would be $100 Trillion and take 60 years! Of course, only $25 Million would be going to build the dam, the rest would be for delta smelt preservation and solar panels!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...