this is the stupidest layout ever

@benedick1888

First I want you to know I understand where you are coming from. AS you read the following please keep this in mind.

This is common with gaming sites to give a page with many things that is most current for all manners of users. This site has the "Topics" which does show some of the newest files, and any new info created... one reason I saw your post right away by the way, which I wouldn't have seen otherwise for quite some time. the newest content is on the right side along with any members active (link) etc. The Home page has pretty much an example of everything.

I haven't seen a site that I feel "fits" me but most are functional. For example when I come here after loading I have quick jumps to whatever I want. I hit activity (to see anything that happened since last time here.) or check my Unread content. There links above to get you right to forums or downloads which get you right in the content in 3 clicks.

Judging from the layout (which is limited when you use IPS forum software as there are only so many configurations that can be done and tools used) I believe Doublezero is trying to create a more "community" feel. This site is fresh and still being worked on for bugs and likely will change layout in time as needed. Maybe more toward your thoughts on the content maybe further away... only time will tell.

The one thing that I suggest is you use the *Create New Stream* and create a page you want and feel is the best for your needs to start with and then you can create it as a favorite. Yes it isn't your purpose of of your statement but at least it will allow YOU to have a closer experience to what YOU need and desire.

I agree that the downloads need to be at the top of the home page, then topics, then images, then blogs.  Or remove blogs from the home page all together and give them a their own tool bar link.

Also have to remember this is a fledgling site.  A cleaner and more user friendly experience will come.  Just give it time.

Dictatorship: I don't see that in this site's future.  When I presented some rough ideas to Doublezero about the rules I tried to craft them to be 100% fair to everyone.  As long as they are enforced equally there isn't room for totalitarianism.  The fact that this thread exists demonstrates a level tolerance not available elsewhere.  The only thing that would test that would be outright trolling.  Provided people remain respectful and behave like adults there shouldn't be any issues with open discussions like this.

• Like 3

Nowhere in this thread has anyone been 'labelled' anything nor has anyone been called a troll.  And my idiom doesn't allow for me to be any more civil or dignified than I am being at this moment.  Superfluous word-smithing isn't my forte and I don't see the need for it in a casual setting.

I agreed the site needs some fine tuning.  Nothing much else for me to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benedick1888 said:

just testing waters

dictatorship, same reason everyone hate nexus and ll

Don't worry this site won't be like Nexus, not as long as I'm around!

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

I agree that the downloads need to be at the top of the home page, then topics, then images, then blogs.  Or remove blogs from the home page all together and give them a their own tool bar link.

I'll do this first thing in the morning. Right now it late and I need to get some sleep. ^_^

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Nowhere in this thread has anyone been 'labelled' anything nor has anyone been called a troll.  And my idiom doesn't allow for me to be any more civil or dignified than I am being at this moment.  Superfluous word-smithing isn't my forte and I don't see the need for it in a casual setting.

I agreed the site needs some fine tuning.  Nothing much else for me to say.

Are you trying to say something about my post Kendo. You don't like my word-smithing... >:(

LOL :P

As for changes I am all for it so long as I can track my activities and see responses to the threads I am interacting with along with see "new materials" I am good. I don't care if it is 1 click or 3 clicks to get to it. :)

And with this forum software I can create my own content pages for my *stuff* I want so it is all good for me so long as the site doesn't become buggy.

Edited by ritualclarity
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

"You had me at hello"... wait ... wrong reference... :P

I was happy with the site before and now.. I am an easy alien to please. So long as it don't glitch out and I can find the things I want with about 3 clicks or so.. I am good to go :)

I concur 100%. It's not overly complex.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't like the layout of this site the moment it got stretched, it killed the purpose of many things, but majority seem to favor it so w/e. I just ask that hopefully this site doesn't turn into a censorship and power driven staff community like LL is turning into.

Edited by endgameaddiction

1 hour ago, endgameaddiction said:

I didn't like the layout of this site the moment it got stretched, it killed the purpose of many things, but majority seem to favor it so w/e. I just ask that hopefully this site doesn't turn into a censorship and power driven staff community like LL is turning into.

If you want, I can duplicate this theme and set it to a fixed-width like it was before.

7 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

I just ask that hopefully this site doesn't turn into a censorship and power driven staff community like LL is turning into.

That won't happen with the current staff DZ has in place.  No one here has the game site moderator mentality and anything goes provided it isn't illegal or has the potential to damage the site (like trolling mod authors in their upload threads).  That's probably why you don't see the Off Topic safe space circle jerks at NSFW like you do at LL; we aren't going to protect SJWs and Beta males from the internet.

As for content that may or may not be censored there are very clear guidelines HERE.  The primary goal of NSFW is mods and modding.  We don't care about the social media aspect of game forums since the type of member traffic it draws turns sites in to Nexus, Steam, LL and now Bethesda.net.  Yeah, we'll pass...no fucking thanks. :D

• Like 1

@Doublezero

No, it's fine. I just had to let it out. I couldn't tell you what to do with your own website.

@Kendo 2

I was blowing steam. The censorship I was talking about wasn't exactly to do with content itself. It's probably best not to go into detail here.

Edited by endgameaddiction

• 9 months later...