Unreal Engine 5

endgameaddiction

On 8/28/2023 at 11:52 AM, endgameaddiction said:

Would look good, but even if it was, I don't think it would change my opinion of the game's world. But it would definitely look good.

My comment was directed at the game looking good. The game, that is different. Some would love it.. Fuck, there are fanboi of Fallout 76 as well. (Don't know what the fuck they are drinking or smoking but whatever it is,... it must be GOOD :P )

It doers look really good. (the video)

To be honest, I can deal with the Bugthesda bugs.. but not their weak stories and such. They keep getting more and more lazy with each release.

How's the modding for unreal engine?

13 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Looks like an editor is within it. How depth it is for coding and such, I wouldn't know. Yet at least.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/new-example-project-and-plugin-for-mod-support-released

They are shipping a mod content creator in the game? Wow. However, it has to be activated and setup by the game manufacture (or so I believe the article states. I wonder if it can be added by someone after the release. (Forced)  Also, If I am reading this correctly, they may be setting it up for their desires. Say skins or such, not full low level like was done for some of the bugthesda games. (Where mod authors added scripts to extend the play options) Much of the most popular mods rely on such extensions.

If there is an ability for those that know the engine or willing to dive in and learn it, to add such components to the game when they release. (even add mod-ability) then It would be a good time for bugthesda to release their games in this engine.  Hell, I'd even like to see them release their games (yes Skyrim again as they could use that to say they were learning the engine) again. Fallout 3, NV even Fallout 4 and 76 (I believe Unreal engine has mutiplayer ) as well as all the TES games as well.

4 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

They are shipping a mod content creator in the game? Wow. However, it has to be activated and setup by the game manufacture (or so I believe the article states. I wonder if it can be added by someone after the release. (Forced)  Also, If I am reading this correctly, they may be setting it up for their desires. Say skins or such, not full low level like was done for some of the bugthesda games. (Where mod authors added scripts to extend the play options) Much of the most popular mods rely on such extensions.

That all depends on the team/studio and their intent with their game using UE5. Seems like all studios that do use UE5 for their games can release an editor to the public and it all depends how depth the editor is that they release. If it's anything like REDkit, then it's meh...

4 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

If there is an ability for those that know the engine or willing to dive in and learn it, to add such components to the game when they release. (even add mod-ability) then It would be a good time for bugthesda to release their games in this engine.  Hell, I'd even like to see them release their games (yes Skyrim again as they could use that to say they were learning the engine) again. Fallout 3, NV even Fallout 4 and 76 (I believe Unreal engine has mutiplayer ) as well as all the TES games as well.

I don't see them migrating from their Creation Engine to Unreal Engine. They are always going to stick to what works for them and just add in new coding and slap a new name on the engine as they go on. They are certainly able to, but I don't think they want to invest the time to do that unless they do it with one of their branches at a time.

Edited by endgameaddiction

12 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

That all depends on the team/studio and their intent with their game using UE5. Seems like all studios that do use UE5 for their games can release an editor to the public and it all depends how depth the editor is that they release. If it's anything like REDkit, then it's meh...

I don't see them migrating from their Creation Engine to Unreal Engine. They are always going to stick to what works for them and just add in new coding and slap a new name on the engine as they go on. They are certainly able to, but I don't think they want to invest the time to do that unless they do it with one of their branches at a time.

I have seen some sites that are talking about them setting up a scripting system and access to the engine. So it would have to be set up to be able to mod.

As for Bethesda, I don't see them doing it either, so long as the fan boi keep following and allowing them to put garbage out.  Shame really, If I am correct they can really set up some serious mod tools and have a much more modern tool kit. Have something that they can new employees easier considering this is something most game developer would know about or at least something (like a previous version etc)

The down side (or upside for Bugthesda) is mod authors likely won't be able to add scripts to the game etc. ... wait a sec. perhaps they could create a engine with the tools and have an import function from the game. Kind of like TTW does?

• 4 weeks later...