Sign in to follow this  
JoshQ

Accessory Necklace “EP7Party” EDIT

JoshQ    57

Accessory Necklace “EP7Party” EDIT

• This CC is offered completely free
  • You’re allowed to modify it in any way, shape or form imaginable; asking me for permission is not necessary
  • I don’t take requests nor commissions

Details:

• Base game compatible
  • For teen, young adult and adult femsims
  • Located in the “Accessories” section, eyewear slot
  • Enabled for naked, everyday, sleepwear, formalwear, career, outwear and validformaternity
  • Disabled for random sims
  • All LODs
  • Polycount: 1224
  • 2 color channels
  • Only available in .package format

Defects:

• Choker looks a little bit weird on CAS
  • Also on CAS your sim skin/extra accessories might get blurry after selecting the choker, in-game everything should look fine
  • The mesh doesn’t quite follow the contour on the back of the neck
  • Some clipping under normal simming, under custom sex animation the clipping varies from none to very visible depending on the position 

Notes:

• I started this project a loooooooong time ago and in the end I opted to make a new mesh using the main texture as guide, why? Because the original uses a transparency effect that has problems with custom hair (at least on my edits), making my own mesh removes the need to use the effect
  • Instead of generating morphs (because it conflicts with the Impossible Heels) I made three sizes: “medium” based on the base morph, “large” on the fat morph and “small” on the thin morph. Depending on your sims weight you can use the one that fits her the best
  • Every package is independent so you can install all or any combination without fear of conflict
  • Compatible with MedBod, the default body and probably other custom bodies
  • If you want to use the choker and glasses, or any other accessory on the same slot, at the same time you’ll have to install Nraas Mastercontroller and activate the “Multiple accessories per location” option
  • I have the small feeling someone else already did this...

Credits:

• Electronic Arts for the textures

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JoshQ

View File Simple Lingerie N07 and N08
      This CC is offered completely free You’re allowed to modify it in any way, shape or form imaginable; asking me for permission is not necessary I don’t take requests nor commissions Details:
      Base game compatible For teen, young adult and adult femsims Located on the Accessory section, gloves slot Enabled for naked, everyday, sleepwear, formalwear, career, outwear and validformaternity Disabled for random sims 3-4 color channels also N08 has 4 variations Only available in .package format Defects:
      N07 looks “flat” when using clear colors on the first channel N08 has four “spots” around the hip, only one is visible at normal zoom. I recommend to use patterns for the first channel Reduced some of the usual defects on my textures but even then things will turn ugly the more you zoom Texture stretching and deformation depending on animations and your sim’s size Notes:
      N07 took me too damn long to finish the reason: pixelation and stretching so I had to simplify the textures A LOT... N08 was more straightforward and it was made using Gravit Designer, it still lacks some stuff compared to Fireworks but there’s a chance this program will eventually become a full replacement N08 has 4 variations the first one uses a custom texture, you can use a pattern beneath (very recommended). Second one has the texture “hidden” so you can take full advantage of patterns. Third one has the texture plus garthers/stockings. Fourth one doesn’t use the custom texture. Everything can be used on the default body, MedBod and any other custom mesh that follows the default UV coordinates If you want to mix several accessories on the same slot install NRaas Mastercontroller and activate the “Multiple Accessories per Location” option 
        Submitter JoshQ Submitted 08/27/2017 Category Accessories  
    • By JoshQ
      This CC is offered completely free You’re allowed to modify it in any way, shape or form imaginable; asking me for permission is not necessary I don’t take requests nor commissions Details:
      Base game compatible For teen, young adult and adult femsims Located on the Accessory section, gloves slot Enabled for naked, everyday, sleepwear, formalwear, career, outwear and validformaternity Disabled for random sims 3-4 color channels also N08 has 4 variations Only available in .package format Defects:
      N07 looks “flat” when using clear colors on the first channel N08 has four “spots” around the hip, only one is visible at normal zoom. I recommend to use patterns for the first channel Reduced some of the usual defects on my textures but even then things will turn ugly the more you zoom Texture stretching and deformation depending on animations and your sim’s size Notes:
      N07 took me too damn long to finish the reason: pixelation and stretching so I had to simplify the textures A LOT... N08 was more straightforward and it was made using Gravit Designer, it still lacks some stuff compared to Fireworks but there’s a chance this program will eventually become a full replacement N08 has 4 variations the first one uses a custom texture, you can use a pattern beneath (very recommended). Second one has the texture “hidden” so you can take full advantage of patterns. Third one has the texture plus garthers/stockings. Fourth one doesn’t use the custom texture. Everything can be used on the default body, MedBod and any other custom mesh that follows the default UV coordinates If you want to mix several accessories on the same slot install NRaas Mastercontroller and activate the “Multiple Accessories per Location” option 

• By JoshQ

View File Impossible Boots Victoire plus Platforms
      Base game compatible For teen, young adult and adult femsims Enabled for naked, everyday, sleepwear, formalwear, career, outwear and validformaternity Disabled for random sims All LODs and morphs Polycount: 3274 (platforms: 3290) 3 color channels (4 on platforms) Will elevate young adults and adults 6 “units” above ground, 5 to teens; platforms will elevate 8 and 7 respectively  Only available in .package format Defects:
      Boots look “weird” on CAS, in-game looks fine The zipper looks stretched, not a big deal unless you zoom in Because the main texture (and mesh) lacks any kind of detail I recommend to use patterns on these just be aware some of them won align behind the leg Rough edges here and there There’s a “line” on the leg/feet seam similar to the Impossible Feet but unless you zoom directly it’s almost invisible Potential clipping with floor, chairs, beds, etc. and animation misalignment under normal simming. This can also can happen on custom animations and poses and also might cause leg/feet extreme bending (I usually don’t have problems on my game while using Passion or OKW, but I cannot guarantee yours) 3D accessories that contain morphs, like necklaces and alike from the game and other creators, might interfere with the boots and cause severe deformation, don’t use both at the same time Notes:
      I made this CC simply to experiment with bone assignments and morphs, because everything went better than expected I decided to share it, with that said, I’m aware the design is nothing to write home about but the same happened with my first pair of original heels Based on the mesh from Impossible Boots with Warmers I extracted the zipper texture and normalmap from afBodyRaceShorts You can mix this CC with most skirts made by EA (and probably from other creators), pants with volume around the calf and below will clip This is an original mesh created with a combination of Metasequoia, Blender and Milkshape 3D  Boots are compatible with the default body, MedBod and posibly any other custom mesh that follows the original proportions Credits:
      Electronic Arts for zipper textures Submitter JoshQ Submitted 08/27/2017 Category Shoes  
    • By JoshQ
      Base game compatible For teen, young adult and adult femsims Enabled for naked, everyday, sleepwear, formalwear, career, outwear and validformaternity Disabled for random sims All LODs and morphs Polycount: 3274 (platforms: 3290) 3 color channels (4 on platforms) Will elevate young adults and adults 6 “units” above ground, 5 to teens; platforms will elevate 8 and 7 respectively  Only available in .package format Defects:
      Boots look “weird” on CAS, in-game looks fine The zipper looks stretched, not a big deal unless you zoom in Because the main texture (and mesh) lacks any kind of detail I recommend to use patterns on these just be aware some of them won align behind the leg Rough edges here and there There’s a “line” on the leg/feet seam similar to the Impossible Feet but unless you zoom directly it’s almost invisible Potential clipping with floor, chairs, beds, etc. and animation misalignment under normal simming. This can also can happen on custom animations and poses and also might cause leg/feet extreme bending (I usually don’t have problems on my game while using Passion or OKW, but I cannot guarantee yours) 3D accessories that contain morphs, like necklaces and alike from the game and other creators, might interfere with the boots and cause severe deformation, don’t use both at the same time Notes:
      I made this CC simply to experiment with bone assignments and morphs, because everything went better than expected I decided to share it, with that said, I’m aware the design is nothing to write home about but the same happened with my first pair of original heels Based on the mesh from Impossible Boots with Warmers I extracted the zipper texture and normalmap from afBodyRaceShorts You can mix this CC with most skirts made by EA (and probably from other creators), pants with volume around the calf and below will clip This is an original mesh created with a combination of Metasequoia, Blender and Milkshape 3D  Boots are compatible with the default body, MedBod and posibly any other custom mesh that follows the original proportions Credits:
      Electronic Arts for zipper textures
    • By JoshQ
      This isn't a detailed guide for that go to modthesims, thesimsresource, tumblr, youtube, etc. I'm just sharing whatever I've learned while making stuff.
      Part 1 (Tools) here Part 2 (How CC works) here Part 3 (Textures) here Part 4 (Meshing: General Info) here If I omitted something or need more help let me know.
      Part 4.2, Meshing: UV Maps
      As I wrote in part 4.1 your clothes will share the same texture space with the rest of the body, for accessories like stockings, underwear, etc it’s not an issue, the same for collars, earrings, glasses, hats and whatnot; also thousands of custom clothes had been made with this “limitation” for years, the tricky part comes when you want to make sexy stuff like corsets with the chest exposed or a revealing mini-skirt. 
      The UV map is divided on tops, bottoms and feet; each has a space dedicated for the body and an extra space for whatever you’re doing. The fast approach would be to just use the extra space by resizing your custom textures to this fit this area, the problem is that some patterns won’t look right, at all; also your textures will be stretched to hell and back.

Green: tops, blue: bottoms, red:feet (image is not “pixel perfect” but close enough)
      One alternative is to make more space so you can accommodate your textures with little or none scaling. You can start by deleting the body sections that are going to be hidden behind your clothes, in the case of a corset you delete the navel and part of the back but even then this might be not enough. What I do is to delete one of the arms and duplicate the opposite, then on the clone I apply a “mirror” modifier; now both arms will share the same texture space and that leaves us with an extra area we can use. 

This is how “Horror Mistress EDIT” works: I deleted the arm and cloned it and then deleted half of dress and cloned it too, thanks to this I just had to scale the textures 10% to fit without further modification
      On general this can cause some shading problems specially on EVERY seam, I fix most of them using the “Align Normals”, “Extended Manual Edit” or “Wes H’s Merge Tools” plug-ins on Milkshape. Also when two meshes share the same UV map it causes some weirdness on CAS, once you get in-game everything should look OK. The same technique can also be applied on legs, torso and feet just be aware that if you use a detailed custom skin these body parts will look “oddly symmetric” or just weird so don’t go overboard. Clothes, shoes an accessories can also suffer from this but it’s not as evident. 

This is a fully functional MedBod Top but if you look at the UV map you can see it only has one arm and half the torso, you can use the unused space for your clothes textures
      Even if you don’t use them is recommended to “align” your mesh to use patterns, this is one of TS3 biggest strengths (although poorly optimized) and gives you and whoever downloads your CC limitless customization (unlike TS4...). I ignore how it actually works but it seems the game duplicates a pattern, a 128x128 square, over your multiplier texture and according to the areas delimited by the mask texture. To more or less match that I made this image:

The black lines represent the size of a base pattern: 128x128, and to further help I also included yellow lines at every 64 pixels and light blue at 32. Below you can see how I use it to align patterns for the CC I make:

What happens if you have to scale down your UV, but want it to show patterns properly? In TSRW, in the section when you select the colors for the mask there’s a cell called “Tilling” followed by two values separated by a comma: “4,4”, if you change it to 6,6 or 8,8 you will “scale down” the pattern (The Impossible Heels use 8,8) at 10, 10 and at least in my game patterns look blurry so YMMV.