BETHESDA MARKET PLACE...LOL

Kendo 2

58 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

...and everyone continues to put up with their bullshit.

'Buy Skyrim SE and get all the Creation Clubs and DLCs for free...until you don't.'

'Creation Club mods ARE NOT paid mods, they're mini-DLCs (see above).'

And now Bethesda is bring back that 'preferred partner' bullshit from 2015 that Dark0ne lied about and said it was never offered to him.  Then he lied and said that he didn't know about the Steam paid mods deal...and THEN he lied and said he 'didn't see it coming' only to reverse himself and say a month later that 'anyone who didn't see it coming was a fool'.  THAT is what modding for money brings.

And I think that guy in the video is right about PC versions of Skyrim SE getting hit next.  Bethesda and Steam did it when they rolled out paid modding the first time; they changed one dll and the game wouldn't launch unless you agreed to the NEW TERMS that allowed them to monitor what you had installed.  It was that easy and you didn't have a choice.  They changed the game's software license without advance notice, didn't allow you to opt out and THAT is grounds for a lawsuit in the U.S.

This is exactly why I avoided SSE. I knew there was a catch behind giving out SSE for free for those who had the LE version on STEAM. And when people found out that Skyrim LE was purposely hidden on STEAM was another red flag. Oh, a shiny "new" engine and muh x64. All well and good, but it was part of their bait. I don't even care what happens to the mod community. The  division that was created between LE and SSE when modders gave the bird to their followers on LE to jump on the bandwagon was enough to make sure I never go to SSE, They just better hope that it was all worth the price in the end. I can at least say that I had no part in it.

Edited by endgameaddiction
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

And I think that guy in the video is right about PC versions of Skyrim SE getting hit next.

To be honest, I kind of hope he's right. The implications of that would be huge. The guy in the video thinks it will just kill Skyrim, but he underestimates the extent of the damage it will do. This will kill the entire Bethesda modding community and there will be no coming back from that.

3 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

I knew there was a catch behind giving out SSE for free for those who had the LE version on STEAM.

I said from the beginning that SSE was just a development kit for console mods. Bethesda knew that modders wouldn't make the jump to SSE if they had to pay full price for it. Keep the barriers to entry low, entice them to sell mods on Bethesda.net, profit.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, endgameaddiction said:

There isn't going to be an LE release? What about SkyWind? I thought they both were going to be supported for both LE and SSE.

From what I read Skyblivion will be released for SSE only.  Maybe I'm misremembering though.  No idea about Skywind.  TBH I don't keep up with either of them since I have anything better to do. :P

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Get out your wallets, folks! $6.00 for an amazing house mod we can't make ourselves! :XD:

image.gif.9e35dc041a30463edccd9b7be5360fc0.gif

Not... LOL.

The guy is correct, it would be wise to price these types of mods lower so that someone could use the left over credits to purchase items like this. They would sell more and correct me if I am wrong, make more money.  However, with bugthesda involved, who knows what their cut is.

• 2 weeks later...