10 Things Fallout 4 players Hate

4 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Another group of settlers need your help... :eyes-onfire:

Bethesda uses their lazy radiant quests as content filler.  What's more important; pointless reoccurring quests and mini-games you can play on your pipboy, or meaningful quests with scope and actual consequences?  Meh...fill the game with bullshit since modders will make the game better anyway.  That's the Bethesda axiom.

7 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Bethesda uses their lazy radiant quests as content filler.  What's more important; pointless reoccurring quests and mini-games you can play on your pipboy, or meaningful quests with scope and actual consequences?  Meh...fill the game with bullshit since modders will make the game better anyway.  That's the Bethesda axiom.

There needed to be more meaningful quest and actual consequences. Also you needed to have an evil option for many of those events in the game to balance the play. The modders will likely be called on more in the future with the new "product" that they have called the "Creation Club". Shame is Bethesda will likely not take full advantage of the new "product" and actually improve their base games (accept scripting and engine updates ... instead of having to have script extenders they could use these scripts natively inside the engine. Likely will be more stable that way. )  We know they will take good advantage of the modder as slave labor and such.

Also.. I kind of liked the mini games that you could play on the pipboy. I thought that was pretty cool idea. Likely that person that suggested that idea got fired.

Nothing 'wrong' with the mini-games, but consider that those game features received attention while key factors in the rest of the game were ignored.  The man hours and budget spent on those mini-games could ave been used for something like better quests.

Skyrim faced the same tragic. This is why I respect CDPR. They aren't trying to please all audiences. Their games are actually made for adults and not trying to lower anyone's IQ by throwing preschool riddle quests at adults. Go grab block A and stack it on top of B block and I'll reward you 50 caps.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

Nothing 'wrong' with the mini-games, but consider that those game features received attention while key factors in the rest of the game were ignored.  The man hours and budget spent on those mini-games could ave been used for something like better quests.

Yes, I agree. They needed better core content. They could have setup an example and framework and then left it to the modders to come along and add their content. The main quest needed much more meat and meaning. However, in many areas it appeared to at first look like there might be something awesome to enjoy there or some interesting quest... then it was the same lame type of quest nothing special. I wonder if they had planed to add more to the game that would have made it much more interesting but due to time and money (some of the time spent building those mini games. ) took away from that?

Speaking of mini games... Witcher III card game is awesome. at first I didn't like it and was confused but as I learned the game (both the main game and the card game) I started to really appreciate it. I started using strategy and planing and such to make my end results better just like the rest of the game. That is how Fallout 4 (and Skyrim mentioned above) should have been addressed. Hell even Mass Effect Androgynous :P  should have been handled. If it had the stories and quest quality of previous Mass Effect games and just had the screwed up graphics and shit. Even with much of the SJW (tone it down a slight bit) I am confident it would have been much better rated. People would have been in shock etc about the visuals/animations but those could be fixed with a few patches.

Last time I played (with a heavily modded game, far more modded than I need in any previous game to enjoy) I found it somewhat playable. It was still boring at times but there were a few things here and there that made me laugh and think of the past (Fallout 3 and Fallout NV) and think of what could have been and then become sad :(

People argue between the Fallout 3 and Fallout NV (development and the different people responsible) and which is better. I can't see this happening for Fallout 4 as it isn't anything like the previous two games or for that matter any of the Fallout  games except in parts of the lore. Much of the dark humor is gone. I really liked that. The stores and surprises are also few and far between not to mention of a seriously lower quality.

The one thing I really liked  is Redeye