Windows deleting or otherwise screwing up our computers... .Impossible.

ritualclarity

Been offline for the last 2 weeks, for another frustrating issue. I had the joy of seeing my computer throttled to 800MHz. Wiped and reloaded everything trying to determine what was wrong.

Now I have to restore everything.....

• Sad 1

Could have been an update that messed with the processor settings. Hopefully your restore works and you have no further issues. I mentioned that because if you have an older computer the heat sink paste might have gone bad. A notebook, then the fans might be dirty and need a good breakdown cleaning. For the most part the above fixed any throttling I had in the past from my computer. (not sure if the process settings was the trick or another update but after messing with those, it went back to normal. In my case I was stuck at around 1.5 GHZ. (on a processor that regularly went above 4)

Everybody, please make sure you have a couple of good backups of your most important files that you can't replicate. Otherwise you are one windoze shit show from loosing everything.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 2:29 PM, ritualclarity said:

Everybody, please make sure you have a couple of good backups of your most important files that you can't replicate. Otherwise you are one windoze shit show from loosing everything.

OY! I put all of my CC on a thumbdrive, and 3 laptops! Constantly update, as the harddrive burnout of a few years ago lost everything on my primary laptop! Plus, the Acer Nitro began having issues... well, a few months after the warranty expired in 2020, and again this passed January. I had convinced my husband to let me get a new Asus after the Acer had been in repair shop for a month. Full disclosure... neither of us make large purchases without talking it over = happy marriage! I knew he would say okay. ))) Happy wife = happy life! I never liked the graphic on the Asus, and went back to the Acer when it was finally fixed, but after the second breakdown, kept it running long enough to transfer everything to 2 64 GB thumbdrives, then to the Asus and sat down for 3 days setting it up as I want. Then, the Acer STILL had a charging issue. My husband is an HVAC diagnostic tech and works with computerized commercial control systems... but HATES working on anything after work... bigger BUT, he finally sat down, took the Acer apart, found the charge port was the only problem, ordered one from Amazon for less than $10 and fixed the darned thing. I showed him my appreciation in ways that I think may be banned in Texas!

But, I digress... BACK UP!!!!!!!!!