Kendo 2's Custom Race Mod WIP Thread

Kendo 2

Would be neat if you expanded the elven race. Ever thought about adding Dunmer, Chimer, Falmer (which refer themselves as Snow Elves) and others?

25 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

Would be neat if you expanded the elven race. Ever thought about adding Dunmer, Chimer, Falmer (which refer themselves as Snow Elves) and others?

I've considered doing that but making them fully functional would require male files.  Making the races vanilla game compatible isn't a problem.  The issue is making the males work with SOS or SAM.  That's a lot of extra work for little return.

I really want to make vanilla Dremora game-standard playable without all of the added crap other playable Dremora mods use.  The big hiccups are the male Dremora voice type and the Daedra keyword assigned by the race.  They aren't conducive to playable characters and changing or removing them breaks the game.

I've had modding visions of Dark Seducers, Golden Saints, Snow Elves, Chimer, and extra-planar humans from Lyg and Coldharbor.  And I have an idea for Drow elves that makes sense in the Elder Scrolls universe and lore.  The only thing really standing in the way is a fucking penis added by a mod and its core files not supporting custom races.

I have most of the base files to make Dremora a real race; new eye textures, new hairs with horns, new Dremora face paint details, etc.  Making a Dark Elf copy race might be an option.  Snow elves as they are in Dawnguard would be really easy since they are just a High Elf copy race with their own skin tints, one eye color and a few head parts.  There's not even female support in the esm for it.

Looks like a Tiefling.  I don't know, how difficult it is to insert the different Horn types and the Dremora war paints into this mod. Would it not easier to make a pack with Demonic/Dremora equip, with Horns, Paints, Eyes, Tails, Fangs and so on, maybe that works with Racemenu? Because You can't be everybody's darling.

Edited by zilvradrow
Ger-Eng translated Catchphrases are ... -.-'
  • Like 1

The new dremora will have options.  Horns or no horns, dremora face paint or no face paint, etc.  What you see in that screen shot is just what I already had made form my own game dremora.  Those dremora are like the vanilla ones; something to be killed in a dungeon.  I am making all new stuff for the playable race. :)

I won't be adding tails, fangs or wings to the new dremora.  If I did that they wouldn't be dremora anymore.  :P

• Like 1

About playable Dremora; I want them to be game balanced to where playing them doesn't give the player an advantage, unlike a lot of the Dremora race mods I've looked at.  For what I'm doing the Dremora need to be on par with Nords, Orcs, Bretons, etc.

Looking at the Dremora from TES4 Oblivion and doing a little math, Skyrim Dremora would get a hefty bonus to Stamina like how High Elves get +50 Magicka.  Oblivion Dremora also have a 20% Weakness to Shock (for every 10 points of shock damage they take they suffer an additional 2 points.)  They also have 33% Fire Resistance and Resist Magic up to 50%.

I'm trying to work out what the Skyrim bonuses will be for the new Dremora.  Going by the 'Oblivion Standard' this is what I'm thinking about doing:

Fortify Stamina +50
Resist Fire 25%
Resist Magic 25%
Heavy Armor +10, 1 Handed +5, 2 Handed +5, Destruction, +5, Alteration +5, Conjuration +5
No Powers or Lesser Powers.

I think is balanced for vanilla game play.  They have 35 skill bonus points like the playable races, the Fortify Stamina offsets the lack of a once-per-day Power, and the resistances on on par with game standards.  For play style they would make good power attack tanks or good battlemages.

Opinions and thoughts are welcome. :)

In Skyrim sounds about right. I prefer the heavy armor two handed style. Tank, probably not. Simply because, to be honest, Skyrim is a really easy game and any race can be a tank just as much as a DD (damage dealer). You can play as a race weak to magicka and still own. Wihtout any mods that fixes that.

3 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

In Skyrim sounds about right. I prefer the heavy armor two handed style. Tank, probably not. Simply because, to be honest, Skyrim is a really easy game and any race can be a tank just as much as a DD (damage dealer). You can play as a race weak to magicka and still own. Wihtout any mods that fixes that.

True.  The lack of classes in Skyrim means anyone can be good at anything.  A 7' tall Nord thief-archer does just as well as a 5'6" Wood Elf.  That wasn't the case in Oblivion where class combined with race mattered.

I did some play testing with the new Dremora.  They are power attacking machines like how High Elves are with magic at the beginning of the game.  After about 6th level High Elves kinda lose the magic-using edge so I figure the same will be true for these Dremora and their extra Stamina.

What perplexes me about a lot of the playable Dremora mods out there now is they're just fucking ridiculous.  Every mod I looked at has them way overpowered, immune to everything, spell casting gurus, etc.  I guess those mod authors pulled that out of their collectives asses since nowhere in any ES game or any snip-it of lore are Dremoras portrayed that way.  Heavy armor warriors, battle mages or straight mages using Destruction, Alteration and Conjuration; that's what Dremora are.  And I didn't change the vanilla race, leveled lists, factions, keywords or anything else.  As long as the race compatibility and generic race controller scripts do their job my mod won't break the game.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In other news; I started working on the males of all the new races to make them vanilla game compatible like how the females are.  SOS/SAM/Schlongs will come later.

• Like 1