About a long standing issue with UNP Vampire Armor by exeter

bjornk

In case anyone uses the UNP Vampire Armor by exeter, you might have noticed the issue where something strange poking through behind your leg whenever you walk. That is because exeter's modified Vampire Armor has some strange 'bones' in it that should not be there. If you open this armor in Outfit Studio and delete those unnecessary bones you can easily fix this problem. FYI.

• Like 1

RANT

Spoiler

Almost every UNP conversion I've looked at has issues.  Wrong flags for normals, NiNodes that do nothing other than sucking up game memory, specular and material properties Skyrim doesn't recognize, NiTriShapes with the wrong names, screwed up texture paths because the 'modder' doesn't know how to install something as basic as NifScope.  

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\textures\clothes\bandit\BanditF.dds IS NOT a fucking texture path, it's a file location.  Morons.

'Good enough' isn't just a dev problem, it's a modder problem.

• Agree 1

Feel the same about the quality of the scripts come with mods, most of which are so awful it's almost infuriating. I often find myself rewriting them completely from scratch, which I hate. It is the way it is, not much we can do about it. Modding is an amateur hobby and most people who play video games and make mods are quite young, teenagers even, and this is the way they learn the ropes. Guess we all have been there at some point.

Edited by bjornk