'Ghost of a Tale'...A hidden little gem of a game

Kendo 2

2 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Looks great!... Wonder how they will screw that game up.

Microtransactions for additional cheese wheels? :D

I did some reading up on the game before I posted the topic.  It is being made by one guy named 'Seith' along with help from a few friends.  He's using the Unity Engine and from what I've seen the game play and visuals are top notch.  The player can sneak, sprint, activate objects, etc.  There is also an inventory system, a journal, lore entries and Easter eggs.  Most of the game play videos on Youtube are from the Xbox1 version of the game, but there is a PC version as well.  The game has been in development for a while so I think it's getting close to release.  The beta is available now but it's only about 1/3rd of the game.

It is being made by one guy named 'Seith' along with help from a few friends

http://sites.psu.edu/siowfa15/wp-content/uploads/sites/29639/2015/09/faint.jpg

Well... then it doesn't matter if it falls short or has some issues. Being created by a person and some friends with quality at this level even for a promo and beta... I can accept issues or stuff. I mean if a multi-billion company such as Bethesda creates crap like Mass Effect Andromda and people buy it... and some seem to like it very much

Image result for shock

Then how is anyone able to complain or gripe one bit about a group of friends creating a game... :) Hell they should be supported just because of the fact they are able to create something that outshines what could be created by companies that are in game creation.. ;)

Microtransactions for additional cheese wheels? :D

LOL.. considering where this game is coming from, I could forgive them for that :)  If they did this to help support their game or whatever, special outfits, etc. That is cool. I don't mind the idea of micro-transactons, the problem is when it is needed or required to actually play the game on the same level as others (multiplayer)  Skins, and other BS is perfectly fine. I could ignore those. Micro transactions for equipment that is clearly better and useful over the default vanilla equipment... is not acceptable.

Based on what I see and hear about so far about this game... I am pretty sure they'd do things right regardless of what they choose to do. There is a time and place for everything. Big game companies just don't care and do what they want regardless.

Oh, and yes... I know you were joking... :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is in the group of " I put my heart and soul into this game "  that I like to associate with games like Morrowind, Dragon Age: Origins and others.   Sad part is how far away both those companies have gone from such great works.  Watching some of these videos shows that this game is not only beautiful, but how they have almost everything in game you can somehow use is something that most game companies overlook.  Sure its mice/rats, but that alone makes it stand out.  

The stealth part of this game is very well done.  Also its one of those games where you have to think and plan on how your about to do something, so that's a plus.

2 hours ago, Nailos18 said:

This is in the group of " I put my heart and soul into this game "  that I like to associate with games like Morrowind, Dragon Age: Origins and others.   Sad part is how far away both those companies have gone from such great works.  Watching some of these videos shows that this game is not only beautiful, but how they have almost everything in game you can somehow use is something that most game companies overlook.  Sure its mice/rats, but that alone makes it stand out.  

The stealth part of this game is very well done.  Also its one of those games where you have to think and plan on how your about to do something, so that's a plus.

Kendo sums this up quite nicely...

ONE GUY (and a few friends) are making this.  Looks at Bethesda...looks at Bioware...shoots them the mouse finger.

:P

There does seem to be some issues like the clouds don't move. When the mouse dies it seems to float in place etc, etc. but all very much forgivable considering how tightly the game is otherwise. I wish the major game companies, with all that has happened and the backlash from MEA and other games upon release, learn from these tupes of Indy games. The games don't have to be perfect. Much can be forgiven if the key parts of the game is solid, well written and executed. A plus if you follow CD Project Red's current motto and see where you went wrong before and see what you could do to improve...

Bethesda had this formula when it created Morrowind and to a lesser degree Oblivion. They lost their focus and thus lost their quality of their games. I hope if these guys, gals and mice... :P continue to remember their roots and keep true to what made them a success. It wasn't the story, It wasn't the animations, It wasn't the engine, it was their attention to detail and making sure all aspects of the game were well fleshed out. As well fleshed out as they could possibly do at that time.

• Like 1