clothing conversion tutorial request

first of all if i post this in the wrong section please move it :)

the title is very cringey i know but is anyone of the ''pro'' people willing to ''film'' themselves while converting and post it here so all noobs like me can convert themselves ;

what i'm looking for is take a unp outfit and transform it to uunp family

i tried following some crap tutorials but basically  you lost me after i load the reference and outfit :) 

thanks

The best tutorials were on TESAliance at one time.  No idea if they are still there.  Just be aware there is a steep learning curve for modding Skyrim meshes.  If you have Oblvion or FO3/NewVegas I would start there and then move to Skyrim after you have the necessary skill sets.

He's interested in Outfit Studio conversions.

Most tutorials are vague. And asking the author of OS will give you the silent treatment. Finding a good tutorial how to do it is very rare. I followed this tutorial here and worked fine, but I gave up on it when I seen how OS destroys the quality of meshes and decided to opt out of it.

Both suggestions are good. Kendo's is much more advanced but would allow more flexibility if someone wanted to really learn. After that they wouldn't have issues converting or perhaps even creating or taking parts from a few different sources and creating what they wanted etc.

To the OP endgameaddiction is pretty much your go to person on this on the site. Extensive work was done by endgameaddiction to do the very thing or at least close to the thing you are wanting to do. Lots of tutorials and such were suggested and looked over and the link posted is the one that was the most useful. However, as mentioned, eventually gave up as the quality was diminished and it was very difficult to get excellent quality. If you want some really basic conversions you might be satisfied however, if you want really good work done, from my understanding, you might need to really learn the tools and follow some of those heavier more in-depth tutorials to accomplish these goals.

1 hour ago, guyfrommilkyway said:

thanks all for your answers ; yes indeed almost all tutorials are useless ; like i said i'm aware of some tutorials but they are not good ; the only way to understand is if anyone wants to make a quick unp outfit to uunp in a video that will be great ; 

have a nice day

We understand and yes it would be great if someone did this. If you do find one that is really good and helped you please post back here so others could get the benefit of this.

unfortunately, those that did use this were disappointed at the results after much trying and those that don't do it the ol' school way which is way more complex to get the results that they desire. I span multiple game sites for multiple of years and know of no others or sources or peoples that are still active that could give pointers or even create a video that I could ask. Trust me I have tried. :( A few years ago I wanted to convert a few skinny model clothes to T3... really any version of T3 but ... nadda. You aren't alone in this.

Hopefully new members coming here will be able to see this post and give some suggestions where others could get the assistance on this matter. Even if it is to post their tutorials :)

Well, for now, no one that I know of is dedicated and good at doing conversions through Outfit Studio. Kendo 2 does everything through Blender. Doublezero does everything through 3dsMax or Blender. And asenasen as far as I know, learned to do conversions through Nightasy's video tutorials, which I believe was with 3dsMax.

I strongly doubt you'll have someone do a tutorial video on conversions with Outfit Studio. It would have already been done a long time ago. And they have, but mostly back when only CBBE was the supported body for OS and BS. And all the videos I searched for back then were all vague to the point of being pointless. Trust me, I had plans to do a well written tutorial and even a video if it wasn't for my loss of interest in it.

Only suggestion I can give is using that guide I linked above and making the best out of it. And if you nail it down, I do encourage you to maybe one day do a better tutorial for others to follow. Seeing as I was in your position last year doing extensive research for a good tutorial, and even then never finding any guides to cover converting handwear and footwear, people are still stumbling in the dark looking for a very accurate guide.

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tutorials/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_rRd8UBGpABeTE44XHuWg

Tes reference above is where the tutorials are. There are game specific ones. NOt necessarily what you are looking for bu there are some info there. The second one I haven't used but it looked detailed enough to get me started so I bookmarked it for later. ... so far.... much, much later. :P however if it does help you then great. I had some more but they aren't active anymore and seem to have been moved or removed from the web. The second one however is more in-depth and actual how to create models and such instead of convert them however once you learn this you should be able to convert as well as create them. This is what I believe Kendo does when he reworks or created new content in Fallout Skyrim.

Check out a few books for Blender (or 3dmax) as well

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

Here is a 140 page pdf to get started... :P  .... just to get started... lol. I believe if you start this and can talk and do what is in the tutorial you will be reasonably competent to be able to take instructions from one of those videos or expert that you meet on line to fix any issues you come across in the future.

The key is to get as close to solving your problems as possible to get someone with the level of skill that Kendo or Doublezero has to answer your questions. Most people that can do this type of thing is quite busy and isnt' really interested in helping someone that has substantial learning curve ahead of them to do a task. If you had some problems with a filter to make say... see through clothing then they can help if you give them exact position you are in... (details will show your level of skill ;)) 

The same goes if you have a glitch or malformed area of an armor you converted in Blender. Show possible people in a post what you have done and where you are at,the skeleton you are using, source, destination (desired results etc) and they might be more willing to help.

Same goes for 3dmax, I am not adding this to this post but the same principle applies. I didn't add it as you either have to pay for it or have a school email/verification of being a student to get access to it. (legally)

blender1.pdf

I have given everything I can on this, so I hope that helps. I only have this info because I was interested in fooling around with exactly what you were wanting to do... however realized I don't have the time or patience at this time to do so. I still learn a bit here and there from time to time anyway :D r/t this stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tutorials/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_rRd8UBGpABeTE44XHuWg

Tes reference above is where the tutorials are. There are game specific ones. NOt necessarily what you are looking for bu there are some info there. The second one I haven't used but it looked detailed enough to get me started so I bookmarked it for later. ... so far.... much, much later. :P however if it does help you then great. I had some more but they aren't active anymore and seem to have been moved or removed from the web. The second one however is more in-depth and actual how to create models and such instead of convert them however once you learn this you should be able to convert as well as create them. This is what I believe Kendo does when he reworks or created new content in Fallout Skyrim.

Check out a few books for Blender (or 3dmax) as well

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

Here is a 140 page pdf to get started... :P  .... just to get started... lol. I believe if you start this and can talk and do what is in the tutorial you will be reasonably competent to be able to take instructions from one of those videos or expert that you meet on line to fix any issues you come across in the future.

The key is to get as close to solving your problems as possible to get someone with the level of skill that Kendo or Doublezero has to answer your questions. Most people that can do this type of thing is quite busy and isnt' really interested in helping someone that has substantial learning curve ahead of them to do a task. If you had some problems with a filter to make say... see through clothing then they can help if you give them exact position you are in... (details will show your level of skill ;)) 

The same goes if you have a glitch or malformed area of an armor you converted in Blender. Show possible people in a post what you have done and where you are at,the skeleton you are using, source, destination (desired results etc) and they might be more willing to help.

Same goes for 3dmax, I am not adding this to this post but the same principle applies. I didn't add it as you either have to pay for it or have a school email/verification of being a student to get access to it. (legally)

blender1.pdf

I have given everything I can on this, so I hope that helps. I only have this info because I was interested in fooling around with exactly what you were wanting to do... however realized I don't have the time or patience at this time to do so. I still learn a bit here and there from time to time anyway :D r/t this stuff.

Thank you! the videos of Ira Krakow are awesome

5 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

I taught myself the basics of Blender in a weekend.  All it takes is determination.

Yes, but you aren't human... ;)

For lesser humans it might take a couple of weekends to really learn and "get it" in regards to Blender. Even then you might find some new and interesting tricks and techniques to use as time goes on. Blender is a very POWERFUL program full of tools that most don't even realize are there, or use.

https://www.blender.org/features/reels/

10 hours ago, guyfrommilkyway said:

edit : no sorry ; i Appreciate your thoughts and advice but a video or nothing ; :big-smile:

if no one makes one no problem :big-smile:

There is a video series in fact that I linked to.. from Ira Krakow for Blender. Detailed instructions as well not an all in one. That is the reason I added that link to his Youtube because you requested videos and stated you'd accept alternate tutorials to help you learn besides the studio one. The other links and references were for .. references and for any other member / person etc that reads this post for info that they might find useful. I try to post for all readers that might be interested in this content so sometimes I might not just give the info requested.

What was given might or might mot be good content. I don't know... I haven't had a "weekend" to learn Blender yet. :P Perhaps when I do I will be able to give a better review of that material.. lol

On 7/31/2017 at 4:06 AM, kboom said:

i really want to make this model becomes follower but this will take some time

Well if you are really going to work on this project and have started getting the basics together, I'd suggest that you create a nice thread for this to both show off the work you are doing (it will look great ;) ) as well as a place where you could post questions if you run into issues. Not that they will be answered for sure but at least if someone knows or has ideas on how to solve them, they can post. Sometimes problems are so simple that you feel like you are banging your head against the wall and then want to facepalm when you figure out what you were doing wrong. This might help in that case. :) 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 4:20 AM, ritualclarity said:

Well if you are really going to work on this project and have started getting the basics together, I'd suggest that you create a nice thread for this to both show off the work you are doing (it will look great ;) ) as well as a place where you could post questions if you run into issues. Not that they will be answered for sure but at least if someone knows or has ideas on how to solve them, they can post. Sometimes problems are so simple that you feel like you are banging your head against the wall and then want to facepalm when you figure out what you were doing wrong. This might help in that case. :) 

Where in forum should i post this topic? i ran to problem after i loaded the model in blender

9 hours ago, kboom said:

Where in forum should i post this topic? i ran to problem after i loaded the model in blender

I'd probably suggest using the "Artist's Corner" forum for your discussion. You would be using blender and that forum is for discussing specific platforms and working with them.

Currently there isn't a post there but that is ok if you are the first.

Unless Doublezero or Kendo has a better suggestion. I'd post there. If we decide it is better suited elsewhere later we can move it to that location then.

If your problem is more general I created a general thread for simple or more direct questions and how to do a specific task (to help open up the forum and make it more inviting :) ) If it is about your project.. I'd still stick with a post there to help keep it focused responses r/t your needs