NSFWmods Patreon

Doublezero

Yes... I might suggest that they also get a subforum for communications as well. They can talk and discuss etc at a particular level. So for lower levels ad free experience special color and ranks shown in the avatar on the left of the post for higher ranks they get access to private dedicated subform just for them. There they can do work on mods, update tutorials etc. Perhaps if they so choose they can even have their mods exclusive there.

1$ Ad Free recognized as supporter with Avatar to the left

2~4 $ Special Ranks (perhaps military etc)

5 and > Access to special forum section for communication, assistance, support, and even uploading mods for the exclusive use of supporters.

Each rank gets the announced benefits as well as all previous benefits as well. 

Is there a way for a one-time donation? If so perhaps the above or something like that used for Patrons could be given to the member. Some might need to get a pre-paid credit card etc having monthly debts can cost and might be inconvenient. Paypal, bitcoin etc.

Just tossing this out there. A few ideas. Take what you like. :P

Oh.. perhaps open a Discord channel and allow those patrons and supporters exclusive access to that channel to chat and get support, discuss mods and gaming and have fun. 

mmm....  i only in part agree with RC... sorry :sweat:

i can understand the need of DZ for support and i can also understand that giving some kind of "reward" for the supporters might motivate someone... 

Ad free, special ranks, special forums...  that's all OK in my opinion...  but if you start having to pay for better assistance and full access to mods... well, then you can't actually keep calling NSFWmods a free site...  at least that's the way i see it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karma199696 said:

well, then you can't actually keep calling NSFWmods a free site...  at least that's the way i see it

It's not free for me. :| I'm funding the whole operation. If I can't get support through Patreon then I'll have to think of other methods to keep hosting costs down.

The IPS Community Suite is very resource intensive so I may switch to XenForo if a good converter exists.

And there is. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

It's not free for me. :| I'm funding the whole operation. If I can't get support through Patreon then I'll have to think of other methods to keep hosting costs down.

The IPS Community Suite is very resource intensive so I may switch to XenForo if a good converter exists.

And there is. :D

as i told, i do understand that...  and i wasn't saying you don't have to do the patreon thing...  and if people that contributes gets some kind of benefits, such as particular titles, the right of being addressed "your highness", being considered noble members while the others are peasant members, or whatever you see fit, it's OK...  only if the amount of support you get and the kind of mods you can download depends on how much you paid, as RC seemed to suggest, i don't think the site could be considered "for ever free"...  that's all...  just a kind of "definition issue" ;)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Karma199696 said:

as i told, i do understand that...  and i wasn't saying you don't have to do the patreon thing...  and if people that contributes gets some kind of benefits, such as particular titles, the right of being addressed "your highness", being considered noble members while the others are peasant members, or whatever you see fit, it's OK...  only if the amount of support you get and the kind of mods you can download depends on how much you paid, as RC seemed to suggest, i don't think the site could be considered "for ever free"...  that's all...  just a kind of "definition issue"

I'm sorry Karma. I miss read your whole post. :dizzy:Being an administrator can be stressing at times when issues are hitting you left and right. :beaten:

I'm struggling thinking of ways to make it work. If someone does become a patreon how will their account be upgraded? There's no plugin that can do this that I know of and I don't have much skill with PHP. I think I jumped the gun on this idea.

I may scrap the idea of a patreon and buy the Commerce App. I can use that to sell subscriptions to supporters directly. But before I can do that I need to have a nice chat with an affiliate who hasn't paid me yet. :angry02:

• Like 1

DZ needs to come up with a way to fund the site. If not it can't really go on much longer. Patron can be used for this site as I don't see any reason for it not to. Same with a Commerce App (which might be better, particularly if the % taken is less) 

The uploading of mods in a subforum is just an idea. That is all. I was just shooting out many concepts and thoughts. My idea was how the Patron system works. The Paying members get access to mods early. Eventually, the mods would filter down into the main site.  Nothing more. In the end everything would be available. . That section could be used for early beta or even Alpha releases that the authors aren't ready to release to the general public quite yet. Again these are only ideas. Nothing to get upset.

On that note: I would suggest that a new thread be made once more solid options have been worked out to see the reception and gather thoughts of the members here before being rolled out.

The ranks or whatever wouldn't be like peasants nobles etc. Ranking systems like this are only for the personal pride. Nothing different than the post count or likes counts being shown. To do this properly it can't be offensive treated differently from the main users in except some added features perhaps more PMs or a subforum that they can discuss in.  Even this is still open to ALL MEMBERS nothing special, unlike other sites ;). Anyone could gain access to them.  Everybody would have the same ability to access these features.

Trust that anything added will be added with equality in mind. Support will not drop or lag behind some "paid" option. Great care will be taken going forward as it has been in the past on this site. Everything from the rules to the ways moderators interact with members has been carefully crafted to create the site as it is today. A site that is opened, relaxed and responsive to its members.  It is unfortunate that society runs on $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and as a result some changes will eventually need to be taken so that we can keep the site running. 

5 hours ago, Doublezero said:

I'm sorry Karma. I miss read your whole post. :dizzy:Being an administrator can be stressing at times when issues are hitting you left and right. :beaten:

I'm struggling thinking of ways to make it work. If someone does become a patreon how will their account be upgraded? There's no plugin that can do this that I know of and I don't have much skill with PHP. I think I jumped the gun on this idea.

I may scrap the idea of a patreon and buy the Commerce App. I can use that to sell subscriptions to supporters directly. But before I can do that I need to have a nice chat with an affiliate who hasn't paid me yet. :angry02:

don't worry, no problem :P  i suspected that it was just a misunderstanding...  after all, you are stressed and english isn't my own language... so probably none of us was at his best...

i really hope you can come up with a solution somehow...  i really like the site and would be sad if it had to be closed :(

Edited by Karma199696
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

DZ needs to come up with a way to fund the site. If not it can't really go on much longer. Patron can be used for this site as I don't see any reason for it not to. Same with a Commerce App (which might be better, particularly if the % taken is less) 

The uploading of mods in a subforum is just an idea. That is all. I was just shooting out many concepts and thoughts. My idea was how the Patron system works. The Paying members get access to mods early. Eventually, the mods would filter down into the main site.  Nothing more. In the end everything would be available. . That section could be used for early beta or even Alpha releases that the authors aren't ready to release to the general public quite yet. Again these are only ideas. Nothing to get upset.

in fact i wasn't getting upset at all, just making a consideration ;)

On that note: I would suggest that a new thread be made once more solid options have been worked out to see the reception and gather thoughts of the members here before being rolled out.

yeah... the site is full with people older, more experienced and smarter then me :P would be nice hearing some more opinions and suggestions :)

The ranks or whatever wouldn't be like peasants nobles etc. Ranking systems like this are only for the personal pride. Nothing different than the post count or likes counts being shown. To do this properly it can't be offensive treated differently from the main users in except some added features perhaps more PMs or a subforum that they can discuss in.  Even this is still open to ALL MEMBERS nothing special, unlike other sites ;). Anyone could gain access to them.  Everybody would have the same ability to access these features.

of course would be only for personal pride...  like being a Thane, a honorary title mainly...  but the guards (=moderators) could look the other way if you misbehave (but only once, like in Skyrim ;))

Trust that anything added will be added with equality in mind. Support will not drop or lag behind some "paid" option. Great care will be taken going forward as it has been in the past on this site. Everything from the rules to the ways moderators interact with members has been carefully crafted to create the site as it is today. A site that is opened, relaxed and responsive to its members.  It is unfortunate that society runs on $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and as a result some changes will eventually need to be taken so that we can keep the site running. 

yes !  always money problems !!  why providers can't simply accept a "thank you" ?!?  they should be proud and honored of hosting such a site like NSFWmods !! :angry02:

• Like 1

don't worry, no problem :P  i suspected that it was just a misunderstanding...  after all, you are stressed and english isn't my own language... so probably none of us was at his best...

Nah. It was all me. I was reading with my eyes crossed. xD

i really like the site and would be sad if it had to be closed

We're not in any danger of closing; not even close. I wanted to use Patreon to move us to a better server and avoid down time from more memory spikes but there might be a way to prevent that from happening in the future on our existing hosting package. Which is another reason why I feel I jumped the gun on the idea. I can pay our current web hosting just fine.

I'll launch the Patreon away though. I can't provide supporters anything special other than a stable website, unless we have some coders here who can write a plugin.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doublezero said:

Nah. It was all me. I was reading with my eyes crossed. xD

We're not in any danger of closing; not even close. I wanted to use Patreon to move us to a better server and avoid down time from more memory spikes but there might be a way to prevent that from happening in the future on our existing hosting package. Which is another reason why I feel I jumped the gun on the idea. I can pay our current web hosting just fine.

I'll launch the Patreon away though. I can't provide supporters anything special other than a stable website, unless we have some coders here who write a plugin.

well, this is reassuring :big-smile: 2017 would have been a bad year if it stated with the menace of losing something i like that much !

• Like 1