Hogwarts Legacy

Kendo 2

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

I don't know if I'm going to buy it yet.  Probably will wait for them to patch it and maybe some dlcs will come out.

I have to admit even though it isn't "my cup of tea" it isn't bad looking and looks like they did a decent job of creating it. The no microtransactions is a plus. Even if you have to buy DLCs and such, it is much improved over what we had in the past from game companies. Lets hope that is something from the past and going forward they will be much better. Another encouraging aspect is they announce that they won't be releasing it for the older generation consoles due to more work needed. It is refreshing that a company actually states .. hey, this is hard, it will take a bit but we will continue and release it later.

I am like you a bit. I want to see actual game play and open reviews. I don't know the reviewers that I have been able to see regarding the game. Not sure if they are fan boys of the franchise or even the producer.  If all is as indicated, I might do as you are planing to do. There will be a day one patch. Not sure they will release a dlc until much later due to them still working on the old consoles. but then they might have their structure setup for the development separate from those working on the older consoles etc.

It looks like one of the good games. A game that might be worthy of buying from the hundreds that have been released recently. The other one I have seen that seems to be good is Stray but that is well out side of my cup of tea. (it is about a cat) extremely interesting and from reviews well done.

I'd kind of wish Hogwarts Legacy was released on PC at the same time. (I assume it is only console) However, with the shit that has b een released. If a company can just create a good game for one platform (or just consoles not sure how complex it is to work on multiple ones) that would be a breath of fresh air.

I've gotten board of my old games and haven't actually played any games for months. Occasionally a few hours on my xbox when I had the subscription but a couple of months ago I stopped paying for that as I didn't use it. Nothing was interesting or inspiring.

6 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

I've gotten board of my old games and haven't actually played any games for months. Occasionally a few hours on my xbox when I had the subscription but a couple of months ago I stopped paying for that as I didn't use it. Nothing was interesting or inspiring.

Same here.  Been playing Gears of War 2 some.  I'm pretty much over Bethesda and the fanbase.

• Agree 1

On 2/6/2023 at 11:11 PM, Kendo 2 said:

Same here.  Been playing Gears of War 2 some.  I'm pretty much over Bethesda and the fanbase.

Yea. but it isn't Bugthesda. It is the entire gaming industry. The past 5-9 years has been horrible. Even the golden child CD Project Red royally fucked up with their release.  Bioware killed a asset (Mass Effect) With their bullshit. There are many other examples.

Having a game that is delivered, functional (of course we can have a day one patch. ) and true to what they stated they would deliver. BIG change. Then if we can have some SJW cry in their soy milk... all the better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1