No, the website is NOT hacked.

Doublezero

If you saw the big red screen saying that the site is not secure (and visited it anyway), I assure you that we are not hacked. I have scanned the site and found no viruses or malware. The site is clean. 

I suspect that what caused Google to mark us as unsafe were the Exoclick ads I was running. I have disabled them and requested a review from Google. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

17 hours ago, Doublezero said:

If you saw the big red screen saying that the site is not secure (and visited it anyway), I assure you that we are not hacked. I have scanned the site and found no viruses or malware. The site is clean. 

I suspect that what caused Google to mark us as unsafe were the Exoclick ads I was running. I have disabled them and requested a review from Google. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

That site is legit, correct? Why would Google flag that? 

I ask as it seems more like they want to go after sites like ours that have adult modding. Could be wrong. (often am :P

Also,  has it slowed down the traffic to our site?

It seems very suspicious that even now that you have reported a mistake (on their part) that they have changed it to Potentially Unwanted Software. As if people will object to your software and or mods. Still I'm waiting to see if they will keep on restricting this site further in a bid to kill you off.

this being said, Greetings from,

Username Makeuseofme on Loverslab.

1 hour ago, ritualclarity said:

That site is legit, correct? Why would Google flag that? 

I ask as it seems more like they want to go after sites like ours that have adult modding. Could be wrong. (often am :P

Also,  has it slowed down the traffic to our site?

ExoClick is a legitimate ad network for adult websites, but Google may find some of their ads questionable, so I have disabled them.

This article from ExoClick themselves is why I believe one of their ads was the culprit.

ExoClick and Malware and Google ad compliance - ExoClick

This is the end of Javascript ads here. I cannot trust these companies, even if it was just one ad with malware that slipped through the cracks, one is all it can take with Google. They are quick to label a site as potentially dangerous, but they are always slow to investigate.

From now on, I'll either do simple animated banner ads or e-begging. (by me a coffee😂 )

48 minutes ago, makeuseofme said:

It seems very suspicious that even now that you have reported a mistake (on their part) that they have changed it to Potentially Unwanted Software. As if people will object to your software and or mods. Still I'm waiting to see if they will keep on restricting this site further in a bid to kill you off.

I'm no fan of Google, but there's nothing suspicious about what happened. Google found something they thought was a security issue and flagged the site, as they should. It can take a while for this to resolve itself. It may take several days or weeks to review the issue.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/9044101#links_to_harmful_downloads&zippy=%2Clinks-to-harmful-downloads

2 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Hey, does anyone know how to bypass this red screen for the site?  A site by site basis?  It would be nice if I didn't have to go through the extra steps to come here as I know that warning is meaningless.

I wish I knew. It would be nice if there was an option to disable the screen for a specific site. I think users would know if a site has been hacked after multiple visits.

On 7/14/2023 at 6:04 PM, Doublezero said:

Update: Google is complaining about a link to another site. They are not telling me where the link is, so I got to find a needle in a haystack. It might be a link on a downloads page so that will narrow down my search.

How did google find out about the link? And can't they work with you and tell you which one it is? I mean, it's fucking stupid for them to flag every site because of some link to a malice site when every site is vulnerable to this that allows a link to be posted. You'd think if you are trying to figure this out they would offer some help.

5 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

How did google find out about the link? And can't they work with you and tell you which one it is? I mean, it's fucking stupid for them to flag every site because of some link to a malice site when every site is vulnerable to this that allows a link to be posted. You'd think if you are trying to figure this out they would offer some help.

I was wrong. A user uploaded a malicious file. I deleted it, banned the user, and asked Google to take another look at the site.

It took a while for the idea to get through my thick skull to look at some of the recent uploads, but it did, and now that I'm a little wiser, I'm going to look at new user uploads, and if they contain exe files, it's an immediate ban.

On 7/16/2023 at 8:07 AM, Doublezero said:

I was wrong. A user uploaded a malicious file. I deleted it, banned the user, and asked Google to take another look at the site.

It took a while for the idea to get through my thick skull to look at some of the recent uploads, but it did, and now that I'm a little wiser, I'm going to look at new user uploads, and if they contain exe files, it's an immediate ban.

Glad that was taken care of.

• Agree 1