Red Dead Redemption 2

bjornk

Not that I'm particularly interested in it as a console only game, but I like the graphics, environments and some of the gameplay features. Been watching several different LP's of it. It seems a very story oriented game and all LPs pretty much played the same, even the brawl at the bar was pretty much identical in all three LP's. Needless to say, I got bored pretty quickly. Some people are already mad about this game for some reason, to me it's clearly a "meh", but I thought people who enjoyed playing The Witcher series might like to give it a try, assuming they have a console of course. I think Bethesda will probably go bankrupt soon unless they change that shitty old engine of theirs, because the competition already seems years ahead of them.

Edited by bjornk
  • Like 1

I'd get this game if it came out on PC.

I doubt Bethesda will go bankrupt. One thing to know about their super hardcore fanbase is they excuse everything they do. Bethesda Games Studio could still use gamebryo for the next 20 years with slight graphic upgrades and their fans would love it no matter what. Bethesda does it because "it just works" for them and their fan cult.

They will always be miles behind other top developers.

Edited by endgameaddiction
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

I'd get this game if it came out on PC.

I doubt Bethesda will go bankrupt. One thing to know about their super hardcore fanbase is they excuse everything they do. Bethesda Games Studio could still use gamebryo for the next 20 years with slight graphic upgrades and their fans would love it no matter what. Bethesda does it because "it just works" for them and their fan cult.

They will always be miles behind other top developers.

^ he gets it... he is aware of the Cult of Todd Howard... the perfection of everything he touches and how nobody can or should criticize Bethesda as the instrument of his perfection! All praise Todd Howard. :P

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.03ab4c3732997c91f593c4451031e5db.jpg

While I agree with him on Zelda's stupid weapon degradation system and Detroit's cancerous "battle with the controller to do a simple thing", complaining about realism in actions and animations of RDR2 is a bit ridiculous and definitely NOT a valid point of criticism. It's kind of like complaining about a hearty well-prepared meal, because you have no time to eat it... If you think you're "wasting your time" while doing certain things in a game... how about not playing it at all, after all, playing games is a waste of time anyway...

I understand why it's coming from this guy, who, by the way, looks like someone who'd rather have fast-food or a bowl of cereal instead, because as a game reviewer, he's probably played way too many worthless games and he just wants the games to be to the point and to end as quickly as possible. And, as he also seems to play games on consoles, even on handheld ones, such as Nintendo, he also seems to have the mindset that makes him think that all games should be "game like"...

Honestly, by this logic, we should all be playing the 2D games of the early 80's now, because they'd load much faster and would end much quicker, and none of the "3D makeup" is necessary to create a fun game, right? Which also suggests, all those graphical enhancements in RDR2 were also a waste of time, because there's no difference between the smoke in that Monty Python movie and say, the "volumetric clouds" in RDR2... as they don't contribute to the "fun" in any tangible way at all...

None of his criticism about the realism in RDR2 makes any sense to me, besides this game has much more serious issues as a "game", which he failed to address in his videos. It's really difficult for me to call RDR2 a "game", because it's not really an experience that the player creates himself, instead, it's an experience crafted for the player beforehand, much like a movie. As I said, I've been watching three different LPs and so far they've all played pretty much the same, except the order of missions. The game is full of unavoidable scripted events, and even the ending seems pretty much the same, no matter how you played the so called "game"...

Edited by bjornk

Preston Garvey gets replaced by a guy named Dutch and you're basically function as his errand boy all throughout the game. Despite all that nice environments and graphics, even FO4 is more of a game compared to this piece of shit.

Some quotes from a 4chan thread...

>O'Driscoll hits me
>hit him back
>CRIME REPORTED UNARMED ASSAULT

Fuck off.

>dude starts shooting me in the middle of rhodes because I talked shit to him
>run over the sheriff's building to make them help me, they just look at me while I'm getting shot
>shoot the dude back because I'm about to die
>get shot by 3 lawmen and end up with a bounty
GOTY

>get ambushed on the road
>defend myself
>crime reported
??????????

>boss, we're getting reports a man accidentally brushed against a nigger with his horse
>get our best men on it immediately!

>rob train in the middle of fucking nowhere with a full mask
>WANTED: ARTHUR MORGAN
>posse of lawmen spawns out of the woods 20 seconds later
amazing game

>walk into gunsmith
>nigger is on the way out, pickpockets me for $50
>chase after him
>finally catch up, and punch him
>get money back
>witness
>runs off and says he is calling the law
WANTED
cops spawn by me and shoot me immediately
what the fuck were they thinking with this bizarre law and bounty system?

>rob store
>$20
>shopkeeper telepathically reports me to the lawmen
>instant $30 bounty
>you literally lose money by robbing stores
bravo Rockstar (of david)

There are many more like these in this thread...

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/438108849

GOTY my ass! It's a bloody joke.

Edited by bjornk

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I wouldn't pick RDR2 either, not that I'd pick Fortnight instead. While RDR2 does certain things right, there's nothing revolutionary about it. Characters look hideous, predefined player character, predefined story. It's a typical boring console game. Gaming sucks because the gamers themselves suck these days. Too many clueless normies.

• Agree 1