TES VI Prerelease Discussion

bjornk

• 2 months later...

That's just a clickbait video aimed at fanboys. An old lady gets 3D scanned into Zbrush, some environment artist works on a piece of rock. In a fanboy's fantasy world, that must be enough reason to get excited about a game that they have no idea about. Meanwhile, in the real world...

ESO say "I don't see how anyone could have missed this".  Well, I missed it because I don't give a fuck about Bethesda or whatever sub-par 10yrs behind the tech curve games they release.  Bethesda,net launcher, Creation Club, micro-transactions, etc.  Yeah, I'll pass.

2 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

ESO say "I don't see how anyone could have missed this".  Well, I missed it because I don't give a fuck about Bethesda or whatever sub-par 10yrs behind the tech curve games they release.  Bethesda,net launcher, Creation Club, micro-transactions, etc.  Yeah, I'll pass.

IMO it doesn't matter if a company is 10 years behind the curve in tech. I have no problem with Oblivion's characters. (for their time) The issue they can't even released a fucking stable game!.  Their games are getting more and more empty. Oblivion is rich with side stories and NPC characters.... Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 ? What is with that.  If they can't keep up with technology.. with the engine... OK.. then at least fucking give a great story, sub plots and interesting NPCs and such to flesh out the game.. but nada...

• Agree 1

It's going to be interested how they manage to fuck up this one.

Unless they pull off another big hit like Skyrim, regardless if we know how mediocre and not so much of an RPG it really was, if they can manage to make TES6 a big hit, faith will be restored. I don't think Starfield being a new IP and all will play a big part of that. That game can flop and it wouldn't matter for most TES fans. The major concern is TES6.

With the dumbing down, or "streamlining" as some call it, TES has been going downhill since day one and considering how FO4 and FO76 turned out to be, is there a single reason to get excited about TES6, like at all?

What makes running around Skyrim tolerable for me is Jeremy Soule's, music without it I'm not playing any TES game, period. I highly doubt that they can find a cheaper composer of the same caliber. They might replace him with a plagiarising millennial, which is very likely.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

It would be cool if TES VI is released in a episodic format, with cellphone graphics and cartoon models.

Not because I would be playing it (I wouldn't), but because of the drama it would lead to. 

Imagine the hardcore lore mongers, how they would feel. Delicious just to imagine the butthurt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Kendo 2 changed the title to TES VI Prerelease Discussion
45 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Starfield is Bethesda's Mass Effect Andromeda. I would not be surprised if they cancelled any DLC that they are working on and go full-on into TES VI development.

Pretty sure whatever monetization 'Star Shop' scheme they had is DOA since there's no CK for it, the game sucks, key features players hate and want removed are baked in. and modders have moved on or switched back to FO4 or Skyrim.  Starfield isn't a 'Bethesda formula' game anyway; it's a GamePass grind and time-sink.  Not that the 'Bethesda formula' is anything special anymore.  Also pretty sure players have figured that out on their own.

9 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Pretty sure whatever monetization 'Star Shop' scheme they had is DOA since there's no CK for it, the game sucks, key features players hate and want removed are baked in. and modders have moved on or switched back to FO4 or Skyrim.  Starfield isn't a 'Bethesda formula' game anyway; it's a GamePass grind and time-sink.  Not that the 'Bethesda formula' is anything special anymore.  Also pretty sure players have figured that out on their own.

I'll let you know that even as a gamepass game it sucks.  The opening is seriouslly a WTF moment. They couldn't think of anything more interesting? Finding something was a pain. The tutorial was so brief it was hard to follow for their bullshit setup.  It was boring from the very start. I don't think I played it more than 20 minutes. Just to let that sink in. I played broken games that are completely unplayable for more than 20 miinutes. This game at least worked ... somewhat. If it was at a minimum a game like Fallout 4, I would be playing it now.

ON a side note. I was told that the Game Pass game version (xbox) is better running than the PC version .

TL;DR Bethesda Sucks. Nuff Said.