Starfield - With over 100 systems; over 1000 planets and 15 times the detail of Fallout 4

• 3 weeks later...

Delayfield: Q4 2022 -> Q1 2023 -> Q3 2023

There's most likely a black hole in the game, hence the delays... 🤣

Also, that massive gyroscope, wow, of course, all we need to demystify the mysteries of the universe, what a brilliant idea Bethesda! Totally not a Mass Effect ripoff!

Edited by bjornk

Kodlak the hypocrite gets killed by the Silverhands. Aside from one NPC, who's trying to appear somehow affected by busying himself with fondling Kodlak's dead body, everyone else are eating and drinking at the table as usual, looking at the scene with eyes devoid of interest or emotion, while repeating the same egocentric bullshit as if anybody cares, with several dead bodies of Silverhand attackers lying around... in this top quality Bethesda game which they have re-released multiple times with sales figures in millions. It gets even more ridiculous when you deconstruct, or rather reconstruct this quest, by manually advancing its stages by using console commands. The game literally takes Kodlak away who was right in front of your nose, alive and well, a few milliseconds ago, and then kills him, and creates this scene to give the player an impression as if a fight took place, which is, of course, nothing but an illusion. I watched an interview with one Bethesda developer some time ago, the guy was bragging about how they created a "living world" in Skyrim with AI packages and shit, and I thought to myself that someone should remind this idiot that a living world and the illusion of it is not the same thing. Needless to say that they even fail massively at creating the illusion...

Edited by bjornk
  • Agree 1

On 3/11/2023 at 1:08 AM, endgameaddiction said:

We'll see how groundbreaking Starfield will be because Skyrim is a fun game to play, but was nothing groundbreaking.

Have to admit groundbreaking and Bethesda are the two words that I'm not used to seeing used in the same sentence, but if they were actually working on some groundbreaking stuff, we would surely have heard about them by now, but we have not. However unlikely it is for a developer such as Bethesda to be innovative, the actual people who spend years working on developing those new technologies and innovations would want to present them in various conferences for game developers and/or academia, before they are used in an actual product. We haven't heard anything of the sort. So, in my opinion, there will be nothing groundbreaking or even remotely innovative in this game. If you're lucky, you might get a "Skyrim in space" with tons of bugs and glitches as expected from a Bethesda game.

3 hours ago, Nessa said:

I'll wait a year. Check the modding scene. If it's a decently active scene, maybe I'll pick the game up for a huge discount. But I'm not optimistic. 😆

If history proves correct, there will likely be little if any discount a year later.

I think companies have caught on that people will wait a year to get the game (fixed bugs, added DLCs and other such things will be present) and they don't lower the prices.

4 hours ago, Nessa said:

I'll wait a year. Check the modding scene. If it's a decently active scene, maybe I'll pick the game up for a huge discount. But I'm not optimistic. 😆

It's a Bethesda game, as long as they don't do something stupid to either hinder the game's moddability or to discourage people from modding it, I'm sure the game will have a decently active modding scene. Bethesda's downhill trend in making dumbed-down and stupid games and their increasing greed over monetizing the official as well as 3rd party content (e.g. Creation Club, Atomic Shop) is what you should be worrying about instead. My guess is, realistically speaking, the people who liked Fallout 4 at least as much as, if not even more than Skyrim, will more than likely like this game too, as long as every other factor remains the same, because these are people who will ignore every annoyance, every flaw about the game, no matter what everyone else says. If you're not one of them, then I highly doubt that the game will offer anything new that might win you back.

For me, not even a "Skyrim in space" will make me interested in playing another Bethesda game, let alone buying it on a sale for a couple of bucks. I have no interest in playing another iteration of the very same game they've been making and re-releasing over and over for years, as Todd himself admits, only with a few technical improvements. I want to see some real innovations and design changes in the directions I'm interested in, which is the incorporation of more AI in the game, but I guess that'd be too much to expect from a company who's been making dumber and dumber games.

Edited by bjornk
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

If history proves correct, there will likely be little if any discount a year later.

I think companies have caught on that people will wait a year to get the game (fixed bugs, added DLCs and other such things will be present) and they don't lower the prices.

Well, I meant ... "discount". 🤣

🏴‍☠️

😀

Although I never did pay for Skyrim either. Got that as a freebie along with some CC years after the fact. The more I think about what would be needed for me to even play another Beth game though... I'm more aligned with Bjornk up there. We know the plot is crap, they will do the laziest sort of "quests" and there will be bugs galore. Do I really want to spend 2 weeks getting the game into a workable state via mods? Probably not.

Edited by Nessa
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2023 at 5:53 AM, Nessa said:

Do I really want to spend 2 weeks getting the game into a workable state via mods?

Two weeks is highly optimistic, two years or more is more likely and you'll have to rely on other people's efforts for script enhancers, bug/crash fixes etc. Not to mention some of the bugs will never be fixed even after many Legendary/Special/Anniversary editions and many iterations of script enhancers and plugins (e.g. the Bound Sword crash), which clearly proves that the retarded meme of an argument "mods will fix it" isn't always the case.

• Agree 2

On 3/16/2023 at 7:24 PM, bjornk said:

Two weeks is highly optimistic, two years or more is more likely and you'll have to rely on other people's efforts for script enhancers, bug/crash fixes etc. Not to mention some of the bugs will never be fixed even after many Legendary/Special/Anniversary editions and many iterations of script enhancers and plugins (e.g. the Bound Sword crash), which clearly proves that the retarded meme of an argument "mods will fix it" isn't always the case.

You're absolutely right. Thinking back, getting Skyrim AE fully operational was more like a month. And that's with a very mature modding community that took years to develop everything. Even if I wait a year before "buying" Starfield, there won't be enough mods fixing everything yet.

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...