EA places the Mass Effect Franchise 'on hiatus' According to Kotaku

Kendo 2

Well, Sims 4 is coming to consoles.  I have NO IDEA wtf EA thinks they're doing.  If people hated the broken game mechanics and SJW stupidity in MEA then what makes the bean counters at EA think Sims 4 will do well?  Sims 4 is UNPLAYABLE without mods to disable/patch the features that are shipped with the game.

EA already got hammered behind MEA, so now they are lining up for another bashing with Sims 4 on consoles.  I can't wait to see the reactions of people when they see the transgender fashion train wrecks Sims 4 generates by default.  If people were pissed off about ugly characters and SJW pandering before they'll be fucking apoplectic when they get a dose of the Maxis/EA take on things.

The reason I'm mentioning Sims 4 is that EA is going to pull another PR nightmare out of their collective asses.  But maybe this is a good thing.  MAYBE the money men at EA will put a lid in the SJW activism in their company and start making games instead of virtue signaling agenda-driven tripe.

Sims 4 is another game that gained its popularity due to being modded. The base game isn't anywhere as desirable outside of mods for most people. Even those that love the game. (I know of only one person that loved Sims and that was Sims 3 not Sims 4) really liked the idea of being able to mod it.

At the very worse, once it gets around that it can't be modded it will be just like the other  console games that can't be modded. Now in an age where there are games being somewhat modded,this will be even worse.

Maybe they are thinking they will attract people to the game then get them to pay $$$$ to convert over to a PC version? In any case there is more chances of failure even for those that regard Sims 4 fondly.

49 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

With the way EA is being mum on the sales figures for ME:A I'm beginning to think the game didn't crack 2 million in sales. I wonder how much they lost developing it.

The worse sting that they likely feel is the negative feedback from the game. It wasn't that the game was bad or wasn't liked, it was because they did a very horrible job at basic functions of the game. That was a total embarrassment and really reflected so badly on them and to some degree the entire industry. Because of this, I am confident that pre-sales and such that they rely on so heavily with current industry tracking and setup, will seriously be harmed going forward.

At least while the aDHD fans remember the game.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

HA! HA!  C YA!

This is good. At least IMO. This shows that they (EA) are going after the management and direction of the studio. We can pretty much agree that the management seriously failed the MEA. I suspect that now there will be new directions and priorities given. New management and supervisors. 

This also gives me the thought that they (CEO's etc) have really gotten their asses handed to them and they are really pissed at the results of MEA receptions. With this... perhaps there might be an overall improvement in quality control in their games before games are released. Might be a small chance but I suspect it will be better. Note... this doesn't mean that they will be any "better" in quality of story, or they will not fill the games with SJW crap etc. I suspect the basic quality control (animations, lighting, etc etc) 

This will be interesting going forward. Did EA / Bioware learn their lesson? If so what did they learn and where will that take them. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had an epiphany earlier today about EA killing Andromeda.  The people who already own the game know it sucks.  Everyone who might be interested in the game knows it sucks.  WHO would EA sell dlcs to?  No one would buy them.

What EA did with the Andromeda review embargo was stall people finding out how bad the game is UNLESS they paid for Origin Access or bought it on pre-order.  By then it's too late and EA has the money in pocket.  They knew the game stinks on ice so the slapped a pretty paint job on it like it was a junker on a used car lot.  You won't know it's a piece of shit until you own it.  Thank God for the internet.