XBOX leak reveals possible plans for remasters of Oblivion and FO3

Kendo 2

These games were planned before the Microsoft acquisition and Todd Howard was against remastering the old Bethesda games, so this was probably something that ZeniMax wanted to do.

I remember reading an article about Bethesda before the Microsoft acquisition and how their publishing side of the business was underperforming. Since then, I have always felt that the company was in need of cash, and this story solidifies my opinion.

If they do a remaster of Oblivion, I will definitely ignore it as I would rather support the Skyblivion team. And for them to do that, that would be fucked up. Also, if they do decide to do that, more than likely it would be on their Creation Engine 2. I doubt anything they do would be anything in the scale of what the SkyBlivion teams has done. Their 3D modeling far surpasses BGS.

With Fallout 3, I could see it being possible. But the game needs a lot of improvements. Combat, both melee and gun play suck. It needs a weapon modification system. And both Oblivion and Fallout 3 need a better character creator. if it was crap when Fallout 3 was still fresh and it didn't jive with a lot of people, it certainly won't in the 2020's. I think if this is the case, it has more to do with milking the fans with their laughable cash grab shop like they did with SSE.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

With Fallout 3, I could see it being possible. But the game needs a lot of improvements. Combat, both melee and gun play suck. It needs a weapon modification system. And both Oblivion and Fallout 3 need a better character creator. if it was crap when Fallout 3 was still fresh and it didn't jive with a lot of people, it certainly won't in the 2020's. I think if this is the case, it has more to do with milking the fans with their laughable cash grab shop like they did with SSE.

Yup. This is a Creation Club cash grab.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 4:41 AM, Doublezero said:

Yup. This is a Creation Club cash grab.

Yep, and they'll be able to 'current year' the old games with pride flags, transvestites and other woke assfuckery.

On 9/22/2023 at 10:38 PM, endgameaddiction said:

I would rather support the Skyblivion team.

At least we know they appreciate the game enough to work on a major labor of love.