Fallout TV Show

endgameaddiction

1 hour ago, ritualclarity said:

Fan fiction can be good. 

Not if it's made for a 'modern audience' or by Netflix.  Every adaptation of theirs (and I do mean EVERY) I've tried to watch is so gawd-awful that I can't make it past 3 episodes.  I guess it's current year syndrome; actors who can't act, singers who can't sing, entertainment that isn't entertaining, comedians who aren't funny, etc.

What really stood out to me in that trailer was that Todd Howard created Fallout.  Really niggas?  That's how they're gonna bill the show?  The only franchise Todd created is fucking Starfield, and we all see how super-duper über awesome that game is.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Not if it's made for a 'modern audience' or by Netflix.  Every adaptation of theirs (and I do mean EVERY) I've tried to watch is so gawd-awful that I can't make it past 3 episodes.  I guess it's current year syndrome; actors who can't act, singers who can't sing, entertainment that isn't entertaining, comedians who aren't funny, etc.

What really stood out to me in that trailer was that Todd Howard created Fallout.  Really niggas?  That's how they're gonna bill the show?  The only franchise Todd created is fucking Starfield, and we all see how super-duper über awesome that game is.

Fan Fiction being something a common person would make. Pehaps a group of college film students creating something from an IP that they like.

A coorporation creating content isn't "Fan Fiction". Especially if they are getting money for said project. Not some moeny from a patron account due to creating something cool. They are getting Big Bucks for this project.

There were several inaccuracies in that film about Todd and Fallout that they made. But Hey. It looked good. Look at the CGI  Power Armor!. Don't forget the ghoul! How cool does he look?  (We arent going to talk about the acutal CONTENT and STORY of the series)

I believe I managed to make it 4 episodes. Might have been 3 but doubt it was 5 of the Rings series. It was slightly longer than I probably would have watched due to being totally fucking confused by what the fuck was going on.  That and trying to get past all the political crap they added. Lots of work to watch anything that has been recently release. :(

With the comments from Todd Howard, it would'nt supprise me if he removed the games that wasn't produced by Bethesda and make those non cannon just so that this farce of a series would make sence and he would be able  to shut up those complaining. Then again, why would he? All the fucking complaints about recently released games (including Starfield) didn't change what he does or says. He just ignores it. We really need to know what drugs he is on and get some of that shit. Seriously.

11 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

This is fan fiction. Not bad IMO

• Like 2

After what happened with Cowboy Bebop and Halo I doubt Microsoft will risk ruining their newly adquired IP. I don’t doubt the plot will be crap filled with plotholes, retconning and low effort dialog… jut like any other modern bethesda game.

But Fallout’s lore being mainstream (for better or worse) hopefully will make them hesitate a little, maybe, probably not...

• Agree 2

I was at work and was struck by what Todd Howard was stating. It was Cannon.  They have to be referencing their contribution to the IP. Much like what Disney is doing to Marvel and other IP's that they aquired. They are revamping and reworking the IP to fit THEIR (political) THOUGHTS AND PREFERENCES.

Microsoft with their head  up their asses ... like they have had for the past 20 years or perhaps more, don't give a fuck so long as the IP makes them money. That is really the only reason they bought it.  That and something to add to their offerings with XBOX.

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2024 at 12:57 PM, Kendo 2 said:

I don't think this Fallout TV show is made for fans, like how Rings of Power wasn't made for Tolkien fans.

Has it been released?  Dam, must be shit if it is so as I haven't heard anything from anybody. I mention this as people I know love the Fallout game (well the old one not the crap they released recently of course) Perhaps with all the shit they are doing (Bugthesda) people have just given up. Is creating a show on Fallout the last ditch effort to get fans re-involved?

4 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

It hasn't been released yet.  I was just thinking about it after watching the premier trailer again.

4 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

It hasn't been released yet.  I was just thinking about it after watching the premier trailer again.

Yea, I was being lazy. I checked it isn't released until April. 

Also, don't know why there is a double quote ...

On 2/6/2024 at 7:49 AM, Kendo 2 said:

I just re-watched the trailer and you are right. It looks even more shitty then it did the first time I saw it.  When I saw brought to you by the  company that gave you 2 day shipping etc. I was like WTF does that have to do with creating a decent series?

• 1 month later...

Yeah… that was something. The vault dweller character looks so bland like, is that the best their focus group / safety council could make? The rest looks mildly interesting so if they concentrate on those parts instead...

The bits concerning Nolan and his Vanity Fair interview about the show prove he doesn't understand the franchise...and Bethesda doesn't either.  Toddler Howard says the show contents will become cannon in the lore.  That would be depressing if FO4 hadn't killed what interest I had.  Now, I just don't care outside of pointing and laughing.

• Like 1